• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    No cause Indiana makes you change long before photos and prints. I don't recall light blue being a prison uniform in Indiana. I could be wrong though.

From today's HT. This guy's in jail too (murder case) and his pic has regular clothing:

t+ul_jj_Lucas_Holland0331.w13-c4.jpg

Just sayin that maybe the pic conditions are different in a different state/county. I have no personal experience of the booking process or picture taking. The only people I have visited in jail were already booked and behind locked doors. They all wore orange jump suits.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    From today's HT. This guy's in jail too (murder case) and his pic has regular clothing:

t+ul_jj_Lucas_Holland0331.w13-c4.jpg

Just sayin that maybe the pic conditions are different in a different state/county. I have no personal experience of the booking process or picture taking. The only people I have visited in jail were already booked and behind locked doors. They all wore orange jump suits.
    Actually that guy is wearing a black and white striped jail or prison shirt.

In Marion County their pics will be in street clothing unless it's a high profile case or their clothing has been taken as evidence then the picture will be in jail orange or red. If it's a federal prisoner they will be in black and white stripes. If they are suicidal the pic will be in a black smock. Juveniles are in green.

Different counties have different methods.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008

In Marion County their pics will be in street clothing unless it's a high profile case or their clothing has been taken as evidence then the picture will be in jail orange or red. If it's a federal prisoner they will be in black and white stripes. If they are suicidal the pic will be in a black smock. Juveniles are in green.

And there you have it. Thanks for the facts man! :yesway:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Good point. It's just weird since the other 7 pictured were supposedly arrested in different places, but that they all have the same looking photos. :dunno:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Feds might be dishonest and untrustworthy, but they aren't stupid enough to make their plant stand out like that.

Don't think they are, anyway....

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    you will never see a picture of the undercover. it dont work like that. that undercover agent probly left the group for "family reasons" months ago. thats how it works. even the suspects might not know who betrayed them until court, but i bet they still hide his face and voice in court under sealed testimony. That agent will get a medal and a pay raise and is probly already on a new assignment by now after a long vacation.
    if his face was ever shown, he would be a spent asset and no longer useful in undercover ops. i know this much from my service in the military and with what i do now for the govt overseas. Ever see guys with beards and glasses carrying M4's ? :)

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    you will never see a picture of the undercover. it dont work like that. that undercover agent probly left the group for "family reasons" months ago. thats how it works. even the suspects might not know who betrayed them until court, but i bet they still hide his face and voice in court under sealed testimony. That agent will get a medal and a pay raise and is probly already on a new assignment by now after a long vacation.
    if his face was ever shown, he would be a spent asset and no longer useful in undercover ops. i know this much from my service in the military and with what i do now for the govt overseas. Ever see guys with beards and glasses carrying M4's ? :)

This is right.

I thought the whole debate over which one was the agent was funny. They won't release the agent's photo.

Didn't you guys ever see Donnie Brasco? That was decades ago and that guy still doesn't show his complete face on documentaries.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    One Of The Men Arrested In Michigan Raids Was Working For the FBI | Before It's News

An undercover agent was part of the federal investigation of a Michigan-based Christian militia group that allegedly planned to spark an uprising against the government by killing police officers, court documents show.
    Evidence presented to the grand jury in federal court in Detroit included photographs of Thomas William Piatek, one of nine people indicted Monday in connection with alleged criminal activities by the militia group, known as Hutaree, in southeastern Michigan.
    The grand-jury exhibit included sworn testimony of a law-enforcement officer that Mr. Piatek "is the person known by a Cooperating Witness and an undercover FBI agent to be the person who participated in the criminal violations" detailed in the indictment.
    View Full Image

OB-HZ613_0330pi_D_20100330150541.jpg

European Pressphoto Agency Photo of Thomas Piatek after his arrest.

BTN_insetClose.gif

OB-HZ613_0330pi_G_20100330150541.jpg

The court had to briefly unseal the indictment, issued Tuesday, March 23, in order to correct Mr. Piatek's middle name, which had been incorrectly written in the arrest warrant and indictment as "Edward." The indictment was publicly unsealed in federal court Monday.
    A spokesperson at the FBI's Detroit office declined to comment on the undercover agent and any role such an agent may have had in the investigation. A spokesman at the Justice Department in Washington also declined to discuss specifics of the investigation.
    Infiltration is a common tactic for law-enforcement officials targeting militia groups. It has been widely used to get inside domestic extremist groups, which have in the past proven easier to infiltrate than Islamic terror groups.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    US_Militias_JPEG_504328l.jpg

This combo of eight photos provided by the U.S. Marshals Service on Monday March 29, 2010 shows from top left, David Brian Stone Sr., 44, of Clayton, Mich,; David Brian Stone Jr. of Adrian, Mich,; Jacob Ward, 33, of Huron, Ohio; Tina Mae Stone and bottom row from left, Michael David Meeks, 40, of Manchester, Mich,; Kristopher T. Sickles, 27, of Sandusky, Ohio; Joshua John Clough, 28, of Blissfield, Mich.; and Thomas William Piatek, 46, of Whiting, Ind.,. Nine suspects tied to Hutaree, a Christian militia. There's a lot of anger out there. But the alleged plot by Midwestern militants and violent outbursts by scattered individuals don't signal any coming wave of extremist violence, federal investigators say.There's more fizzle than fight among self-styled militias and other groups right now, they say, and little chance of a return to the organized violence that proved so deadly in the 1990s. (AP Photo/U.S. Marshall)

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    As Predicted, FBI Agent Discovered at Center of Alleged Hutaree Conspiracy

On Monday we asked you to count the hours before links to the feds emerged on this one – turns out it was 48.
    The FBI had an informant inside the Hutaree group and he participated in the alleged conspiracy to kill law enforcement officers, according to The Wall Street Journal today.
    In sworn testimony, Thomas William Piatek is described as a Cooperating Witness and an undercover FBI agent.
    mugshots.jpg

Thomas William Piatek is pictured at the bottom right.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    There's more fizzle than fight among self-styled militias and other groups right now, they say, and little chance of a return to the organized violence that proved so deadly in the 1990s. (AP Photo/U.S. Marshall)

"Organized violence?" Do they mean the assault at Waco, or the siege of Ruby Ridge? They aren't very clear about that.

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    I think you guys are getting caught up in misleading terminology. The media is saying he is an FBI AGENT. Indicating, an FBI agent that went to Quantico, through the academy and all that jazz. This is guy is NOT that. This is a guy that was part of the group that was charged but is cooperating. He was working as somebody gathering info for the FBI but it is a guy facing charges anyway (a rat, in other words), not an actual sworn gun-toting, badge-carrying FBI Agent.

It is almost unheard of these days for at least SOMEONE in a criminal organization to NOT be working with the feds--that's how these cases are made to start with. The doper that gets caught and agrees to work off his charges by giving info on the organization. This seems no different to me.

Again, I have no firsthand information on this case but a federal agent is not a cooperating witness. The FBI would not release an agents name and PLACE OF RESIDENCE. it's ridiculous. These are mugshots from the marshalls office so they were all arrested. Maybe the cooperating guy doesn't get much time due to him cooperating but understand that whatever the case being made against this group is probably based almost exclusively from one of their own providing information. Same old story.

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    Well, there could certainly have been an FBI agent IN ADDITION TO the informant, but I'm telling you the guy in that photo is not an fbi agent.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    There's more fizzle than fight among self-styled militias and other groups right now, they say, and little chance of a return to the organized violence that proved so deadly in the 1990s. (AP Photo/U.S. Marshall)[/quote]

"Organized violence?" Do they mean the assault at Waco, or the siege of Ruby Ridge? They aren't very clear about that.

You know now that I read that quote more carefully instead of skiiming, it kind of makes me mad. If there is more fizzle than fight then the Feds had no right raiding on a conspiracy charge. Sounds like they are running on the " OMG we gotta move now!!, No worries everything is fine, nothing to see here BS"

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In the WSBT article I posted.

An undercover federal agent infiltrated a Christian militia group that authorities say plotted to incite violent revolt, and the agent built explosives under the direction of the group's suspected ringleader, a prosecutor said Wednesday.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Ronald Waterstreet said the agent accompanied Stone and others in a van as they tried to attend a Feb. 6 meeting of militias in Kentucky.
    They turned back in Indianapolis because of bad weather, but the agent recorded Stone reading a speech, Waterstreet said. In the recording, played in U.S. District Court in Detroit, a speaker identified as Stone says "now it's time to strike and take our nation back so we will be free of tyranny."

Court documents said the undercover FBI agent and a cooperating witness were part of the federal probe.

The agent is real and he is not Piatek. Piatek may be singing right now, but he is not the agent infiltrator.

Top Bottom