• ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Yes, because a poll is the end-all, be-all of proof. :rolleyes:

I understand the 'of the world' view of what is normal. I understand the age-segregation lies that are passed off as gospel. What I don't understand is the gullibility people have in thinking that age defines the individual.

The crime is not the age separation. The age separation is weird, as is the persistence of the relationship. As was posted above, massive differences in development will lead to age-inappropriate experiences for the younger one. In this extreme case, sodomy and rape.

my son is five and some kids from the neighborhood come over and play occasionally. They are maybe 10-12. If I'm not immediately with them I'm inside with windows open where I can observe for inappropriate comments, mean behavior, etc. I owe that to my son.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have thought back to that age and there were a few older males that took me under their wing an allowed me to hang with them.
    -learned to throw baseball
    -learned to throw football
    -learned to properly use wrench's/screw drivers/pliers etc
    -learned the inner workings of a bicycle
    -learned the inner workings of a lawn mower engine
    -learned to work on go Karts/mini-bikes etc
    -learned that girls are for a lot more than throwing rocks at.

I remained friends to this day with those guys.
    I did the very same thing for a few of the kids in the neighborhood.
    I remain friends with them as well.

No one ever attempted anything sick with anyone. That :poop: seems to more prevalent today.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I made no assertions about boyscouts and certainly did not say all men are rapists. I simply said I think the situation was strange and would have been keeping a close eye on things. Many men mentor young boys and that is a great thing, obviously our society needs that now more than ever. With that being said there are still many sick individuals out there that take advantage of young people and no amount of background checks or vetting will stop it. It is my job as a parent to do my best to make sure my children are protected, if anybody is offended by that I don't care.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I made no assertions about boyscouts and certainly did not say all men are rapists. I simply said I think the situation was strange and would have been keeping a close eye on things. Many men mentor young boys and that is a great thing, obviously our society needs that now more than ever. With that being said there are still many sick individuals out there that take advantage of young people and no amount of background checks or vetting will stop it. It is my job as a parent to do my best to make sure my children are protected, if anybody is offended by that I don't care.

Woah, woah, woah, slow down mr responsible! That sort of non-labeling non-stereotyping limited-application focused statement has no place in this thread, or so we've been told.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

As I posted...today this is just another issue for parents to worry about. When I was younger it was not headline news every freaking day.
    Yes, protect you kids.Yes, prepare them for the real world.

You can not raise them in a bubble.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    As some have mentioned, I sincerely hope this fella gets placed in the general prison population. A de facto death penalty seems warranted, since the victim is unlikely to ever get past this and live a normal, happy life.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

Here is a problem with the perception of a beating - he DIDN'T die.

I believe it was one of our local LEO's who was kind enough to point out that throwing a punch IS lethal force, yet many juries do not see it as such. This leads to a firearms owner having a difficult, if not impossible, claim proving justifiable use of a firearm against a punch.

People see situations like this where a guy takes a hell of a beating and lives. Ergo, the use of a fist is not lethal force and would not justify using a gun to defend oneself against a bad guy with a fist.

When we see things like this it leads down the path of "no reasonable person would consider a fist a lethal weapon, just look at the beatings people have taken and lived."

I am not making any argument here, just an observation. That is, when people survive beatings such as this it severely weakens the gun owners use of a firearm in self defense against an attacker to a jury of his/her peers. Juries see things like this and then don't consider a fist a "lethal" weapon even though it is.

Regards,

Doug

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Because by the age of 15 most guys have discovered cars , cigarettes , weed , alcohol and last but certainly not least , GIRLS . None of that is "cool" while hanging out with little kids . Start a poll and see for yourself.
    Absolutely. We'll said +1.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    As some have mentioned, I sincerely hope this fella gets placed in the general prison population. A de facto death penalty seems warranted, since the victim is unlikely to ever get past this and live a normal, happy life.

It's possible for rape and/or sexual abuse victims to live a normal (whatever that is) life. Not always, but it does happen more than you think.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The crime is not the age separation. The age separation is weird, as is the persistence of the relationship. As was posted above, massive differences in development will lead to age-inappropriate experiences for the younger one. In this extreme case, sodomy and rape.

my son is five and some kids from the neighborhood come over and play occasionally. They are maybe 10-12. If I'm not immediately with them I'm inside with windows open where I can observe for inappropriate comments, mean behavior, etc. I owe that to my son.
    It's not weird unless you erroneously believe that children should only be playing with other children of similar age. That's my whole point. I know it seems unpossible and unlikely in the secularized, humanist society, but it's not universally true that boys at a certain age become inappropriate comrades for their younger counterparts. It's not an age thing. It's an upbringing thing. It's a values system thing.

You aren't protecting your son from the older boys because they are older. You are protecting him from poor upbringing and values. Their age is irrelevant. I've seen 6 and 7 y/os behave in a manner inappropriate as an example for my children. And there are older boys at church that I wouldn't bat an eye leaving him with. Heck, I'd even foster a relationship that gave him one more proper, righteous example in his life to learn from, especially if it was an older male that he looked up to and respected. Contrast that with the kid down the street that is only 2 years older and makes my stomach turn at what a rotten little brat he is.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Why is it weird?

Since when did our society become so age segregated that this is not only considered abnormal, but questionably criminal?

There's room for a comment on the artificiality created by government schools here but I'll refrain.

Yes, because a poll is the end-all, be-all of proof. :rolleyes:

I understand the 'of the world' view of what is normal. I understand the age-segregation lies that are passed off as gospel. What I don't understand is the gullibility people have in thinking that age defines the individual.

It seems to me you're trying to over think it , analyze it and just plain make it more complicated than it is .

It has absolutely nothing to do with schools , man made laws or socially accepted norms , I promise it doesn't .

It has everything to do with natural law , law of the land , law of the jungle or whatever you call it .

I wasn't going to be crass if I could help it but you don't seem willing to accept the simple truth of the issue .

As CM and others have pointed out , there are times when older guys will let younger guys hang out BUT , those times don't consume very much of the older guys time .

Once we get a taste of girls and sex , we spend much of our time , energy and thoughts on how to get more , damn near everything we do as young men revolve around getting more of " it " .

Getting more of it is kinda hard to do when you've got younger kids hanging around talking about pokemon and recess .

We don't need a school teacher or principle , the supreme court's opinion doesn't matter , don't need to hear what a politician thinks about it . All we need is that first girl to light the spark and it's on from there .

It's not that complicated , we spend our first 9 months trying to get out of it , then we spend the rest of our lives trying to get back in it .

If you have a young male teenager / adult that prefers to spend much of his time around younger kids , you'd damn well better keep an eye on that situation cause it ain't normal .

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It seems to me you're trying to over think it , analyze it and just plain make it more complicated than it is .

It has absolutely nothing to do with schools , man made laws or socially accepted norms , I promise it doesn't .

It has everything to do with natural law , law of the land , law of the jungle or whatever you call it .

I wasn't going to be crass if I could help it but you don't seem willing to accept the simple truth of the issue .

As CM and others have pointed out , there are times when older guys will let younger guys hang out BUT , those times don't consume very much of the older guys time .

Once we get a taste of girls and sex , we spend much of our time , energy and thoughts on how to get more , damn near everything we do as young men revolve around getting more of " it " .

Getting more of it is kinda hard to do when you're got younger kids hanging around talking about pokemon and recess .

We don't need a school teacher or principle , the supreme court's opinion doesn't matter , don't need to hear what a politician thinks about it . All we need is that first girl to light the spark and it's on from there .

It's not that complicated , we spend our first 9 months trying to get out of it , then we spend the rest of our lives trying to get back in it .

If you have a young male teenager / adult that prefers to spend much of his time around younger kids , you'd damn well better keep an eye on that situation cause it ain't normal .
    I suggest you read the post just above this one.

I'm not over-thinking anything. I'm simply not accepting a single subset of society as the universal standard.

If anything you are the one with the faulty logic. I have never disagreed with the claim that most boys at a certain age become interested in pursuits their younger brethren are not, or that the older ones want little to do with the younger ones. I heartily concede that this is the most common reality in any given U.S. household. But where you go wrong is assuming that any deviation from the most common is indicative of something nefarious.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    [QUOTEto;5170725]I will just say that if I was the father in this situation, no one else would ever have to worry about this piece of :poop: ever again. After a few days the police would give up the search and he would just be another missing person.[/QUOTE]

Wood chipper and a pigpen in that boys future.:yesway:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I suggest you read the post just above this one.

I'm not over-thinking anything. I'm simply not accepting a single subset of society as the universal standard.

If anything you are the one with the faulty logic. I have never disagreed with the claim that most boys at a certain age become interested in pursuits their younger brethren are not, or that the older ones want little to do with the younger ones. I heartily concede that this is the most common reality in any given U.S. household. But where you go wrong is assuming that any deviation from the most common is indicative of something nefarious.

Yeah you got that post in before I was done typing , now I see what your thinking .

However , I'd say your trying to compare apples and oranges . " In but not of " , oil and water and so on .

I'd also say that my post still holds true even with the crowd your talking about , to a much lesser degree .

Why do I say that ? Experience in both worlds .

Preachers daughters have reputations , church girls still get pregnant out of wedlock , Catholic alter boys still get *** well you get the point .

I've seen kids / young adults ( in that world ) that were way more mature than their peers AND I've seen the opposite .

Remember , " the devil roams the earth as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour " .

I still contend that if an older male chooses to spend much of his time with a younger one , there's something wrong there .

It isn't normal under anyone's laws .

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Back in the dark ages when I was growing up, parents knew the parents of everyone I hung around with. They made it a point to do so without fail. If my parents did know the kids parents, well tough luck for me.

I do not see that with a lot of parents today....even with my own grandkids....lots of people seem to be too naïve or too self absorbed to take the effort. Age difference or not, you must without fail pay attention to what is going on in your kids lives.

Too many parents today are too concerned about being their kids "friend" instead of being the mentor they need.

Just like Doc mentioned, open the windows so you can hear what is transpiring. Don't just stick your head in the sand.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    You guys do know how easy it is to inflict insufferable pain while causing very little trauma, right? If it had been me I would have let him have the option to kill HIMSELF. That probably would take me about 4 hours...... But maybe it could be stretched out to 6 hours if I was real careful.

never2big

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2014
    portage
    I have 3 young son my self. I would have most likely shoved everything in sight up his butt. Then proceeded to beat him just short of his life.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom