Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I never called anyone a liar.

I resent it!!!!

I will recant, If I receive an abject apology!!!!

And then he twisted what I said to him in private and posted it in open forum!!!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I just don't get it.

If I were to phonetically recount what Rodney King said, I would write it this way: "Can we, can we all get along?..."

Somehow, that morphed into the popular saying: "Why can't we all just get along?"...which is the way I remember the viral phrase/punchline from my 20s.

....I don't think there is sufficient information to impugn someone over a dialect that he says come from one source and is assumed comes from somewhere else?

In fact, the "caint" seems classic Ken Curtis to me.

But geez, if we ever needed to heed the words of Rodney King before something goes sideways like:

RemorsefulWaterloggedEnglishsetter-size_restricted.gif

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Worst case scenario is they somehow get Trump out, then go after the new President Pence, get him out and they have their dream of President Nancy.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just don't get it.

If I were to phonetically recount what Rodney King said, I would write it this way: "Can we, can we all get along?..."

Somehow, that morphed into the popular saying: "Why can't we all just get along?"...which is the way I remember the viral phrase/punchline from my 20s.

....I don't think there is sufficient information to impugn someone over a dialect that he says come from one source and is assumed comes from somewhere else?

In fact, the "caint" seems classic Ken Curtis to me.

But geez, if we ever needed to heed the words of Rodney King before something goes sideways like:

RemorsefulWaterloggedEnglishsetter-size_restricted.gif

Granted, my ebonics is a little rusty, but I think it would've gone something like "Why we can't be gettin' along?", not "Why cain't we all get along?" The latter being more Festusesque... And Rodney King used neither.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Between this and "Excuse me Stewardess, I speak jive"... I went with the lesser-posted of the two.

wait is there a difference between jive and ebonics, am i racist for blending them together

giphy.gif

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Between this and "Excuse me Stewardess, I speak jive"... I went with the lesser-posted of the two.

wait is there a difference between jive and ebonics, am i racist for blending them together

giphy.gif

You are absolutely racist! Ebonics was sold to us as a legitimate "language" based on the ancestral languages of black Africans' native languages in linguistic structure. Apparently, in the tribal languages, for example, "Does he" translates to "Do he be". I'm serious.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom