• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    1000% Correct..... I don't care who said it originally, it's absolutely true.
    Now stop talking about it because we're not suppose to be talking about......
    IT. :n00b:

I'm just agreeing with the president... again... because he's right... again. :patriot:

'GOP rep Kinzinger slams Trump for suggesting impeachment will lead to 'Civil War-like fracture'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/beyond-repugnant-lawmaker-slams-trump

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm just agreeing with the president... again... because he's right... again. :patriot:

'GOP rep Kinzinger slams Trump for suggesting impeachment will lead to 'Civil War-like fracture'

Oh? So you're going to be out there with your rifle in-hand, ready to kill some Americans if this impeachment nonsense actually succeeds for the Democrats?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Did you read the part where we're not talking about this?
    Besides, it's illegal for to bring guns to DC.

With that said -
    Doing the right thing is not always legal.

In fact, doing the right thing seems to always be illegal to certain groups of people, no matter what it is. Prosecutors always have some trick up their sleeve.

Kinda like when I was married -
    I was consistently wrong.... when in fact, the only wrong thing I did in my marriage.... was to get married in the first place.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    "A civil war-like fracture" is NOT a civil war. It simply means there will be deep divisions of opinion similar to the division that causes some people to refer to the "Civil War" and others to refer to the "War of Northern Aggression."

This post is not intended to support armed conflict or a deep division of opinion.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    "A civil war-like fracture" is NOT a civil war. It simply means there will be deep divisions of opinion similar to the division that causes some people to refer to the "Civil War" and others to refer to the "War of Northern Aggression."

This post is not intended to support armed conflict or a deep division of opinion.

Dammit!
    I just got done sharpening my pitchfork. :xmad:

Just as well, I couldn't find my torch. I think my kids are using it as a tiki lamp.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Dull and rusty could be difficult to remove so you can get the next guy. Of course after the first few, it should be well lubricated.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

And thus the original statement would need quite a bit more to actually be true, despite the person who uttered the statement putting in "-like" escape hatch, probably meaning exactly as many originally took it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Caint we'all jus get along?

[video=youtube;1sONfxPCTU0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0[/video]

Must be some other guy who you were referencing. I just happened to think of
    Rodney King, but he wasn't using ebonics. :dunno:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    There you go again.

I was speaking with a distinct Festus Hagen dialect.

Your mindreading projection abilities are slipping.

Put your hands up above your head and very slowly reach down, no sudden moves now, and remove that chip from your shoulder, friend.

You are right, I was not thinking of anything RACIAL (that is all in your own mind).

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I have never known that line was attributed to anyone. I think I mostly heard it in cartoons as a kid.

Crikey!

I remember watching the news coverage of the comment.

For me, there is only 1 source of that quote - the one Kut linked to.

(There ain't no way the faux accent was attributable to some secondary tv show actor from much further back in time.)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Generational thing, I guess. :)

Here's the most memorable version I can think of... Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks. This is the voice and cadence I hear it in when I say it in my head.

[video=youtube;BAomAwIwxm8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAomAwIwxm8[/video]

Crikey!

I remember watching the news coverage of the comment.

For me, there is only 1 source of that quote - the one Kut linked to.

(There ain't no way the faux accent was attributable to some secondary tv show actor from much further back in time.)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There you go again.

I was speaking with a distinct Festus Hagen dialect.

Your mindreading projection abilities are slipping.

Put your hands up above your head and very slowly reach down, no sudden moves now, and remove that chip from your shoulder, friend.

You are right, I was not thinking of anything RACIAL (that is all in your own mind).

You can sell that someplace else, I'm not buying.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom