2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Crikey!

I remember watching the news coverage of the comment.

For me, there is only 1 source of that quote - the one Kut linked to.

(There ain't no way the faux accent was attributable to some secondary tv show actor from much further back in time.)

As a disabled man that sits at home day after day and watch Gunsmoke 3 or 4 times a week, and happen to like Ken Curtis, it is not unbelievable.

You sir are a ...

I don't want to be banned or I would tell you what I really think of you.

Kut has reason to make judgments. As wrong as I believe that is, I can understand.

You on the other hand are a...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ComplexFlawedGemsbuck-size_restricted.gif

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Generational thing, I guess. :)

Here's the most memorable version I can think of... Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks. This is the voice and cadence I hear it in when I say it in my head.

[video=youtube;BAomAwIwxm8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAomAwIwxm8[/video]

Perhaps generational if one's time came after Rodney King, but even then the Mar Attack quote is a reference to King.
    http://speakingfrog.com/?p=269

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    As a disabled man that sits at home day after day and watch Gunsmoke 3 or 4 times a week, and happen to like Ken Curtis, it is not unbelievable.

You sir are a ...

I don't want to be banned or I would tell you what I really think of you.

Kut has reason to make judgments. As wrong as I believe that is, I can understand.

You on the other hand are a...

To avoid confusing, perhaps you should clarify that you mean me, not T.Lex. Your post makes it seem otherwise.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Perhaps generational if one's time came after Rodney King, but even then the Mar Attack quote is a reference to King.
    http://speakingfrog.com/?p=269

Yep, probably. Just pointing out that it's possible for us to know about something from far different sources, even if it has the same root source.

I think there was another example here on INGO, similar situation... a quote some knew, but didn't know it was from a civil rights-era thing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yep, probably. Just pointing out that it's possible for us to know about something from far different sources, even if it has the same root source.

I think there was another example here on INGO, similar situation... a quote some knew, but didn't know it was from a civil rights-era thing.

Yeah, but I doubt you remember it as "Caint we'all jus get along?"

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    To avoid confusing, perhaps you should clarify that you mean me, not T.Lex. Your post makes it seem otherwise.

NO! TLEX is a...

You are just a pre judging man. I can understand you even though you sometimes pre judge me.

Lex is and always has been a...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    NO! TLEX is a...

You are just a pre judging man. I can understand you even though you sometimes pre judge me.

Lex is and always has been a...

...a stand guy. I rock the boat sometimes, so I get people thinking I'm a @#%^%, but T.Lex even when he's wrong and I'm right, is still a good nut.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Oh, don't worry - he made clear in neg rep that he's talking about me.

Apparently I trigger thoughts he hasn't had in a long time. Bad thoughts. Dirty word thoughts.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh, don't worry - he made clear in neg rep that he's talking about me.

Apparently I trigger thoughts he hasn't had in a long time. Bad thoughts. Dirty word thoughts.

:laugh: I must be losing my touch. There was a time when I held the $#^hole crown, solely by myself.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Kut, your in box is full.

Lex called me a liar in open forum.

It was not Neg Rep ot was 0 rep.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Wasn't there a push in the late 80s early 90s to except "Ebonics" as some kind of new official language so it could be taught in schools? I remember that everyone ignored it because they thought it was a joke but it was a serious push that made a few waves. I was in LA at the time so maybe that's as far as it got. Just locally.

Just an FYI-
    When living in CA, it's like a bubble. Truly is. Everything we would learn or get told we would need to contact people living outside the bubble if we wanted it verified. The local media and Government there made up whatever they wanted and sold it as real. So all this fake news crap that I've been seeing for the last decade nationally just reminds me of living there.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I a 63 and a hardly remember and do not dwell on RK.

It has absolutely no place in this discussion and was meant as a joke. TLex called me a liar That is funny coming from a LAWYER that prosecuted an INGOer using his forum posts as evidence that he was a crazy gun owner.

BTW he LOST.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom