Explain Why It's OK To Rain Death From the Sky, Court Tells Obama Administration

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I'll throw this out here.

If the the fellow in question wasn't working with the enemy what reason would the US have to target him? Plenty of American citizens on foreign soil right now. Why him?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'll throw this out here.

If the the fellow in question wasn't working with the enemy what reason would the US have to target him? Plenty of American citizens on foreign soil right now. Why him?
    Because he was writing/broadcasting anti American messages. He was killed because of what he was saying, not what he was doing.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I don't understand, are you saying YOU think Bundy is a terrorist? Are you saying that because Harry Reid said it it must be true?

I'm saying that a sitting politician, and one with at least a fair amount of name recognition if not precisely clout, believes that people who get in his way are "domestic terrorists". I dislike siding with the idea that we can just blow people away because a court nobody saw decided that X person or X group is now a terrorist instead of a citizen because it gives idiots like Harry Reid more power to do away with their opponents.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Because he was writing/broadcasting anti American messages. He was killed because of what he was saying, not what he was doing.
    Must have said some pretty powerful stuff then. A good chunk of the world undertakes similar pursuits. Heck, there are world leaders that have called for death to America and are still kicking around.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    If the accused you're speaking of doesn't deserve due process than neither do you.
    What does due process look like?

Assassinations, Preemptive War Doctrine, Torture, Undeclared Illegal Wars, Mass Surveillance.. our founding fathers would be disgusted. Obama, Bush, and anyone who supports them with this crap deserves a nice one way vacation to the Hague.
    Please. Our founding fathers weren't saints. They were on the right side of history for one thing. All but about 3 presidents violated the Constitution in some manner, starting with good boy Georgie W.

I'm torn on this. If a person is actively conspiring to kill Americans, but is out of the reach of law enforcement, I don't see why we can't drill his $@#% with a drone. This is one of those instances where the Constitution shows its age. If it was my kid who was dodging ieds every other day, and I could pin the planning on an American born terrorist, I'd take the controls and fly it up his .... myself. The key is being outside the arm of law enforcement. It's one of those cases that is impossible to be right one way or the other.

Agreed. But the irony is that doing it the old-fashioned way has never seemed to be that big of an issue. What makes a drone different?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Snuggle up tight with your warm fuzzy federal government, it will keep you safe from all those nasty boogie men!

predator-B.jpg

It helps sometimes to be reminded we have angels looking at and listening to everything to keep us safe.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    eh...collateral damage

If he was in the same house or the same car…yep, possibly. My understanding was that it was 2 separate, unique occasions. He was hunted.

He was a boy who knew his father was on an American kill list and who snuck out of his family's home in the early morning hours of September 4, 2011, to try to find him. He was a boy who was still searching for his father when his father was killed, and who, on the night he himself was killed, was saying goodbye to the second cousin with whom he'd lived while on his search, and the friends he'd made. He was a boy among boys, then; a boy among boys eating dinner by an open fire along the side of a road when an American drone came out of the sky and fired the missiles that killed them all.

Last edited:

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    I don't care who the president is, as long as he's dropping bombs on bad guys overseas it's cool with me. They don't need to be trigger puller, he could be the admin for the AQGO message board (Al-Qaeda Gun Owners)....bombs away! Its none of my business who they launch drone strikes on as long as they aren't on US soil. The little information they release to the public about them the better.

the blood of the victims of the next 9/11 will be on your hands....sleep peacefully

WTF is the matter with you? Are you really so willing to blindly accept murder of anyone overseas because our president says so?

And where do you get off telling people "the blood of the next 9/11 victims is on their hands"? Who dropped you on your head?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Are you really so willing to blindly accept murder of anyone overseas because our president says so?

Well they aren't exactly just "murdering" anyone overseas..., I wish I was not so accepting of the president because I really don't think the president needs to be briefed unless he wants to, guys like this I think should be delegated to mid level cia staff.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm soooo glad that some of the do-gooders here weren't with me when I was taking fire. It's easy to talk about the poor misguided American born terrorist going to other countries and fighting for AQ from the safety of your keyboards. Get bent if you haven't been anywhere or done anything other than surf the web for all the bs you spout.
    I'm stopping now before I really get going and get banned.

Bob

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'm soooo glad that some of the do-gooders here weren't with me when I was taking fire. It's easy to talk about the poor misguided American born terrorist going to other countries and fighting for AQ from the safety of your keyboards. Get bent if you haven't been anywhere or done anything other than surf the web for all the bs you spout.

Bob
    Who said ANYTHING about active combatants? You kinda come off like, "I was in active combat therefore KILL THEM ALL......wahhhhhhhhhhh." Just throwing that out there.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013

Bob

So what exactly were you fighting for, Bob?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Ah yes, "keeping up safe". Its just soooooo snugly!
    Well, there haven't been any terrorist bombings on US soil as of late (excepting for Boston, and we willingly let them into our country) so something must be being done right.

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    Hmm... as an Independent I wonder if we would be hearing the same song on here at INGO if it were George W. Bush who had done extra-judicial killings of Americans....

OH. WAIT.

What ever happened to all of those black sites where Americans (and otherwise) were killed or otherwise disappeared after their "enhanced interrogations".

Ah, yes. The ridiculous bias of political ideology/fanaticism rears its ugly head once more. It's just like deciding you will ONLY make left-hand turns when driving for the rest of your life, or right-handed ones for that matter. A person who decides what they are going to believe before they even hear the facts is a non-trustworthy person in my book. Every. Time.

If I had a quarter for every time I've heard something on here about that #!&&*^ OBAMA! when a few years ago G.W. Bush was doing the same exact thing and receiving praise for it instead, I'd be a rich man.

Top Bottom