Explain Why It's OK To Rain Death From the Sky, Court Tells Obama Administration

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Can't trust the government with our healthcare but we can trust our government to be executioners with absolutely no oversight.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Can't trust the government with our healthcare but we can trust our government to be executioners with absolutely no oversight.

The drones have great cameras, there's plenty of oversight

image-140091-galleryV9-rcnv.jpg

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    because that's actually happening

California, new York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Maryland, Colorado, DC... the list goes on.

As for freedom of speech.
    Q3RWPYa.jpg

Yes, it's actually happening. But since it isn't as black and white, all at once, as you want to see it, you ignore it.

gravitas73

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Assassinations, Preemptive War Doctrine, Torture, Undeclared Illegal Wars, Mass Surveillance.. our founding fathers would be disgusted. Obama, Bush, and anyone who supports them with this crap deserves a nice one way vacation to the Hague.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Assassinations, Preemptive War Doctrine, Torture, Undeclared Illegal Wars, Mass Surveillance.. our founding fathers would be disgusted. Obama, Bush, and anyone who supports them with this crap deserves a nice one way vacation to the Hague.

Tar and feathering, stealing and redistributing Tory property, profiting from millions of human chattel, land wealth determining representation...

Yes, they'd be disgusted that we did away with their oppressions and established a modern set of our own. The Founding Fathers were men, and subject to the same vices and hypocrisies. They weren't divine.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Let Obama justify his actions and authority, that's fine. Don't plan on that actually every happening, but good to try.

As far as Anwar Al-Awlaki, al Asiri, et. al., I have no issue with their demise.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Guess Obama supporters come in all sizes and shapes.

Would have been funnier if you'd have posted after this:

I'm not surprised that people think it's okay to drone-strike US citizens just because the President says they're extraspecialbad. Bring charges. Prove it. In a court of law. In front of a jury.

So if any US president is able to drone-strike any citizen he calls a terrorist, may he never find a reason to call you a terrorist.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    California, new York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Maryland, Colorado, DC... the list goes on.

As for freedom of speech.
    Q3RWPYa.jpg

Yes, it's actually happening. But since it isn't as black and white, all at once, as you want to see it, you ignore it.

what does that have to do with drone strikes on enemy combatants?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I'm not surprised that people think it's okay to drone-strike US citizens just because the President says they're extraspecialbad. Bring charges. Prove it. In a court of law. In front of a jury.

So if any US president is able to drone-strike any citizen he calls a terrorist, may he never find a reason to call you a terrorist.

The extraspecialbad guy said he was no longer a citizen, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm torn on this. If a person is actively conspiring to kill Americans, but is out of the reach of law enforcement, I don't see why we can't drill his $@#% with a drone. This is one of those instances where the Constitution shows its age. If it was my kid who was dodging ieds every other day, and I could pin the planning on an American born terrorist, I'd take the controls and fly it up his .... myself. The key is being outside the arm of law enforcement. It's one of those cases that is impossible to be right one way or the other.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm torn on this. If a person is actively conspiring to kill Americans, but is out of the reach of law enforcement, I don't see why we can't drill his $@#% with a drone. This is one of those instances where the Constitution shows its age. If it was my kid who was dodging ieds every other day, and I could pin the planning on an American born terrorist, I'd take the controls and fly it up his .... myself. The key is being outside the arm of law enforcement. It's one of those cases that is impossible to be right one way or the other.

To an extent I agree. But it's the whole "pinning on" part I disagree with. Whose word should I take that we're "drilling" the right "$@#%"? By what due process have we determined, no matter the awful things the government has "pinned on" a citizen, that that person is worthy of "drill his $@#% with a drone"?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    To an extent I agree. But it's the whole "pinning on" part I disagree with. Whose word should I take that we're "drilling" the right "$@#%"? By what due process have we determined, no matter the awful things the government has "pinned on" a citizen, that that person is worthy of "drill his $@#% with a drone"?

I think that's how it should be addressed. I do believe that the current administration was outside the law with its dronings, fyi. I think the evidence should be presented publicly illustrating the crimes (that way they cant just go bombing people) and citizenship revoked if found guilty. I think this would have to allow for convictions in absentia. I think this should only be done once a VERY high threshold is met.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think that's how it should be addressed. I do believe that the current administration was outside the law with its dronings, fyi. I think the evidence should be presented publicly illustrating the crimes (that way they cant just go bombing people) and citizenship revoked if found guilty. I think this would have to allow for convictions in absentia. I think this should only be done once a VERY high threshold is met.

I'm still not convinced. I'm there with you emotionally. The crap these terrorists do really **** me off. But it's hard to get around the due process, jury trial, and the right to confront your accusers. If we can set up extra special conditions, even with some VERY high threshold, what says that precedent doesn't erode to less than some VERY high threshold?

I want the bastards who plot to kill Americans drilled as well, but I don't want to crack foundations of the constitution to do it.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    But it's hard to get around the due process, jury trial, and the right to confront your accusers.
    I want the bastards who plot to kill Americans drilled as well, but I don't want to crack foundations of the constitution to do it.

Enemy combatants on the battlefield are not entitled to the same constitutional protections. The US Military is not mirandizing those they pick up on the battlefield.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Enemy combatants on the battlefield are not entitled to the same constitutional protections. The US Military is not mirandizing those they pick up on the battlefield.

That's an interesting point. If the military captures an enemy combatant, not knowing they are American, and the interrogate them for Intel, does all that testimony go out the door if the person is tried?

Top Bottom