• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    simple statements that will save you: "I choose not to answer questions" and " I do not consent to any searches" and "here is my license and registration officer"

THATS IT, chew on a piece of gum to keep your mouth shut. and Keep your hands on the steering wheel. nothing disrespectful or unsafe with all that.

Last edited:

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    Stresses of facing unknown individuals during routine contact between citizens and police officers is in reality minimal compared to the stress of leading a team into a building occupied by an unknown number of hostile well armed enemy combatants with hostages, neutralizing the bad guys and saving the hostages, while the international press is watching.
    Two soldiers alone many miles from back up in hostile territory looking for one target, terminating said target then making our way to friendlies with God knows how many soldiers in pursuit wanting to kill us. These are just a couple of the things I lived repeatedly for 22 years.
    So go ahead and tell me I have no clue of what these guys face. Or how to handle hostiles.
    99.9% of police officers out there will never have a single shot fired at them. Do not ever attempt to make a big deal of the risks,dangers or stresses of their jobs to me or any like me because we have been through way worse.

So you are comparing approaching a car with a unknown person of unknown risk and with unknown weapons while being armed with only a handgun and soft armor to assaulting a building with known armed individuals while carrying a select fire rifle, a combat load out of at least 120 rounds, SAPI plates, helmet, air support and artillery or crew served weapons? I just want to make sure I understand your post.

I know at least 15 officers who have either been fired at or have been involved in police action shootings, I don't believe your 99.9% statistics are correct. I personally do not have to be attacked to know the possible outcome of such attack and see no reason to believe it will never happen to me.

Last edited:

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    So you are comparing approaching a car with a unknown person of unknown risk and with unknown weapons while being armed with only a handgun and soft armor to assaulting a building with known armed individuals while carrying a select fire rifle, a combat load out of at least 120 rounds, SAPI plates, helmet, air support and artillery or crew served weapons? I just want to make sure I understand your post.

I know at least 15 officers who have either been fired at or have been involved in police action shootings, I don't believe your 99.9% statistics are correct. I personally do not have to be attacked to know the possible outcome of such attack and see no reason to believe it will never happen to me.
    when a citizen is stopped by leo they are faced with the same problem. they are being approached by an unknown person with unknown weapons. and i would bet there have been alot more than 15 of them who have been fired at.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Not necessarily. Who says anyone had even spoken to the victim at that point? What if she drove off to get away from her assailant before LE arrived?
    so how does that work? if she never talked to le and they have no name of suspect do they just hook up everyone driving a vehicle that matches that description? how do they determine when they have the right guy?

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    when a citizen is stopped by leo they are faced with the same problem. they are being approached by an unknown person with unknown weapons. and i would bet there have been alot more than 15 of them who have been fired at.

They don't know the police have have a weapon?

Have been shot at by the police or other people?

I know a few people, and very few of them have been shot at when compared to police officers.

ol' trucker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    indianapolis
    To any Leo here in Indy,I have a question? I got pulled over several years ago. they wanted to know if I had any weapons on me? I said yes,and told them that I had a gun permit. they had me get out of the car and sit on the sidewalk while they ran the numbers on the gun to see if it was legit. everything came back good. but they had me open my trunk. took the bullets out of my gun. and put the gun in a wash bucket that I had back there. and told me not to open the trunk until they left,for their safety. that just seems weird to me. like after they just ran your name,and the gun...what are you going to do...start shooting at them? was just wondering if that was procedure or what? made absolutely no sense to me. and if I would have opened the trunk,and got my gun and mag while they were still behind me. is there anything they could do to me,for not following their instruction? even if I have been a licensed gun owner for 20+ years.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I am assuming the officers had the suspects name, otherwise they'd had detained the OP until they had brought the victim/witness to the scene in order to do a visual ID.

They had not spoken with the victim. It was called in by a witness thats why they were looking for a dark truck following a white vehicle, which I stated in the original post.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I just want to say I feel like in the given situation I did what I felt was right. To anyone that doesn't agree with the way the officers and myself handled the situation, well that is your perogative. There was absolutely NO reason for me not to consent and do what they asked of me. It saved me and them both a lot of headaches and aggrivation. If it happened to me again I would handle it the exact same way I did last night with out question. I believe 99.9% of the LEO's out there are good outstanding guys and are there to help and protect us. I am sure that the few "bad eggs" that do get exposed really make it hard on the majority of officers, because most of the sheeple out there believe that you see one thing about a bad officer on the news and instantly think they are all bad. I personally wouldn't be able to take that kind of stereotyping.

Thanks to all that think I did the right thing. I appreciate the praise. Those of yall that dont like it just remember the extra steps that need to be taken next time you have a dealing with an officer, weather it be getting pulled over or need them for something else. I know you think your pistol is the only back up you need, but it sure is nice to have someone that cares and is willing to help.

Sorry if I am rambling, but I just get worked up over these things.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    I feel the same way every time I hear cops pissing and moaning about how dangerous their jobs are!
    How their fear's justify violating peoples rights.
    How that same fear requires the public to put up with rudeness and disrespect from cops.
    How in the name of officer safety you are allowed to resend every single God given right a person has during the contact period. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I just want to say I feel like in the given situation I did what I felt was right. To anyone that doesn't agree with the way the officers and myself handled the situation, well that is your perogative. There was absolutely NO reason for me not to consent and do what they asked of me. It saved me and them both a lot of headaches and aggrivation. If it happened to me again I would handle it the exact same way I did last night with out question. I believe 99.9% of the LEO's out there are good outstanding guys and are there to help and protect us. I am sure that the few "bad eggs" that do get exposed really make it hard on the majority of officers, because most of the sheeple out there believe that you see one thing about a bad officer on the news and instantly think they are all bad. I personally wouldn't be able to take that kind of stereotyping.

Thanks to all that think I did the right thing. I appreciate the praise. Those of yall that dont like it just remember the extra steps that need to be taken next time you have a dealing with an officer, weather it be getting pulled over or need them for something else. I know you think your pistol is the only back up you need, but it sure is nice to have someone that cares and is willing to help.

i dont think you did anything wrong. as long as you were willing to be subjected to what you got.

i would not be willing to be subjected to that, so thats why I would handle it differently. Its not a flame on you, its just different strokes for different folks.

"There was absolutely NO reason for me not to consent and do what they asked of me." << quoting you.

If thats the way you feel then obviously you did the right thing.

for me and the way I feel, every right I have is important and I will not allow others to violate them, nor will I consent (give up those rights) to anything unreasonable or be treated like a criminal until I am PROVEN guilty or there is probable cause . maybe your vehicle matched a suspect vehicle maybe it didnt. (maybe they lied maybe they didnt). it doesnt matter, you still have the same rights to due process. for me, since I know Im innocent..... submitting to a run of my gun and being disarmed is not at all reasonable, whether officer safety is claimed or not. They outnumbered you so do you think they were in harms way at any point even if you were a killer?

this isnt a jab at the police, or an attempt to be disrespectful. my comment above pointing out (dont answer questions, and dont consent to searches) are the LAW and your right if you choose to use them (your free to give up your freedom and right to privacy at any point (as you did). they are just as important as any other law or right that the police enforce. so when a citizen envokes or is informed of their rights and lets it be known RESPECTFULLY (dont be an ass to the cops or shove it in their faces), im confident that every good police officer will respect them and not push any further or get mad because they cant search your car etc..... I support the police too! as long as my ID checks out then whats in the car (legal or illegal) as long as not visible is my business and no one elses.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home

I been shot at more than 15 times in a matter of seconds many times heck even been hit before.
    In my day we had simple flack vests that wouldn't stop a rifle round, thank you!
    You are compairing three cops on one civy armed with a single sidearm surrounded in the open to 5 men clearing a multi level structure of unknown interior design occupied by 30 to 50 hostiles with automatic weapons, grenades and anti personnel mines holding hostages?
    Air support and crew served weapons are of no use when I and my guys are in the same room as a handfull of BG's in the midst of a fire fight.
    Wake and smell what you are shoveling!

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

lightweight ;) :):

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    To any Leo here in Indy,I have a question? I got pulled over several years ago. they wanted to know if I had any weapons on me? I said yes,and told them that I had a gun permit. they had me get out of the car and sit on the sidewalk while they ran the numbers on the gun to see if it was legit. everything came back good. but they had me open my trunk. took the bullets out of my gun. and put the gun in a wash bucket that I had back there. and told me not to open the trunk until they left,for their safety. that just seems weird to me. like after they just ran your name,and the gun...what are you going to do...start shooting at them? was just wondering if that was procedure or what? made absolutely no sense to me. and if I would have opened the trunk,and got my gun and mag while they were still behind me. is there anything they could do to me,for not following their instruction? even if I have been a licensed gun owner for 20+ years.

:hijack:

I have wondered this myself. I have never even had a LEO ask me if I had a weapon on me, but if I were confronted with the above situation, I would like to believe that I would respond to the officer, "No sir. I decline your suggestion. I am going to reload my weapon now. I have clearly demonstrated to you repeatedly through my full cooperation that I am no threat to you."

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Perhaps we should just sit behind a watch desk, take complaints and write reports. Would that make you people happy? Jeez................

No the taxpayers could save money by farming those jobs out to a call center in India.
    I have a novel idea, how about doing your job and showing respect to the public and not violating our god given rights.
    That would really turn things around and put an end to what you call bashing and what we call putting you on the spot for your actions.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    No the taxpayers could save money by farming those jobs out to a call center in India.
    I have a novel idea, how about doing your job and showing respect to the public and not violating our god given rights.
    That would really turn things around and put an end to what you call bashing and what we call putting you on the spot for your actions.

:poop:

That is all.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home

OP no one is saying you did anything wrong. No not all cops are "bad" but when some of see the wrong attitude from a cop we call them out on it. none of this is toward you.

Top Bottom