• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Apologies for being unfamiliar with the case. **** happens and things fall through the cracks sometimes. Maybe he should have had a better defense team? I'm not saying my idea is perfect, but maybe it would prompt reform in the system to make it more efficient in finding the real facts of the case instead of trying to force the case fit the most convenient suspect.

To make an omelet you gotta break some eggs in the beginning.

Either way I bet he wouldn't do it again. Whatever it was.
    That was not an isolated incident. Illinois found thirteen people on death row that were cleared of their crimes before they abolished the death penalty. That is a lot of cracks.

Shiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2014
    The dumpster
    That was not an isolated incident. Illinois found thirteen people on death row that were cleared of their crimes before they abolished the death penalty. That is a lot of cracks.

Since Illinois is such a morally upstanding state that has no death penalty and a flawless legal system I'm shocked! Its not like crime is rampant on the streets of Chicago or anything. I mean no one in Illinois' government could possibly be corrupt right?..... Right? Sure yeah right.

Like I said my idea is not perfect. But maybe it would prompt the change needed to reform the whole system so innocent people don't get arrested in the first place. If cops in IL spent half the time they do searching for criminals as the do shooting out streetlights and calling for gun control maybe those 13 would never have been arrested? Suspected maybe but not arrested. If they were arrested and the judges weren't just payed cronies of the corrupt governor then they would have been released. It is all an act and a photo op to look tough on crime and catch the bad guy to put that feather in their cap come election time. It just so happens it blew up in their face those times.

Could you imagine how hard all in the system would work to prove those guys were innocent if they knew they would be held responsible for the deaths of those innocents if it came to that?

Of course that assumes they would work to prove their innocence. They would more than likely try to prove their guilt so they could have their photo op and look tough on crime.

It is a complicated issue that has to assume that people are inherently honest. Of course though, no one is that naive are they?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If you'd like to stand there and watch a person be strangled or baked inside out for 8 minutes, then you and the criminal may have one thing in common.

That's a fact. There is so much fanatical bloodlust in this thread alone. If there were torture-rituals being performed in the street half this forum would be either participating or eating popcorn as blood splattered at their feet.

Sadism is cool when the government does it, apparently.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    How much does it cost to feed, house, and care for a single inmate for 25+ years. 10s of thousands maybe? And we have how many?

What we ought to do is stop all the long drawn out appeals. They get one.

That would save money.

So we should kill people to save money? And not bother with an appropriate appeals process to make sure we don't kill an innocent person?

If a murderer's family can pay for his incarceration do we let him live and only execute poor people? The decision to take a life should not come down to economics.

Shiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2014
    The dumpster
    The decision to take a life should not come down to economics.

Why not? How much is a convicted murder's life worth to you? I just looked up the stats and in NY alone it costs roughly $168,000 per year per prisoner of your money and mine. That is money wasted on a wasted life that could be going to save the lives of our veterans or better our education system. Also I believe in equal opportunity executions. No one is to rich or poor to die if they did the crime.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    **** happens and things fall through the cracks sometimes. Maybe he should have had a better defense team? I'm not saying my idea is perfect, but maybe it would prompt reform in the system to make it more efficient in finding the real facts of the case instead of trying to force the case fit the most convenient suspect.

To make an omelet you gotta break some eggs in the beginning.

Either way I bet he wouldn't do it again. Whatever it was.

Your idea is worse than "not perfect." Your goal is to create a government so scary that people don't commit crime. If a few innocent eggs get cracked, too bad. There is no hope for justice in this kind of environment.

It is a complicated issue that has to assume that people are inherently honest. Of course though, no one is that naive are they?

All these fools calling for abolishing appeals and mandatory death apparently think that all aspects of the system are honest. Frankly assuming an honest investigation and a fair trial is a terrible assumption.

The the checks and balances that so many people despise are there to save innocents, which could turn out to be any of us.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I just think the government ought to be able to balance a checkbook before we allow it to kill people. You know, basic skills first.

Shiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2014
    The dumpster
    I guess I dont understand this statement... What did an wrongfully convicted innocent person do that he wouldn't do again?

Nothing, anything. Ever again. Whether wasting away in prison for 25+ years or being wrongfully executed, all his hopes and dreams are over. Which is exactly why I'm saying the systems needs to be entirely reformed. Work to find doubt on all suspects, try to prove their innocence and the guilty party will be obvious.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That's a fact. There is so much fanatical bloodlust in this thread alone. If there were torture-rituals being performed in the street half this forum would be either participating or eating popcorn as blood splattered at their feet.

Sadism is cool when the government does it, apparently.

I've asked those calling for genocide against Muslims what they're waiting for. Pick up their rifles and get to work. If it's the moral thing to do, they don't need the governments permission. The government doing it for them absolves themselves of immorality even though they're standing by with their Pom poms.

Shiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2014
    The dumpster
    Your idea is worse than "not perfect." Your goal is to create a government so scary that people don't commit crime. If a few innocent eggs get cracked, too bad. There is no hope for justice in this kind of environment.

Actually that is the exact opposite of what I would like to happen. I would like to create a system in which everyone is assumed to be innocent and all suspects were exhaustively examined to be proven as such. Then those who are found to be guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt are swiftly and permanently dealt with. I know "all suspects are innocent until proven guilty" but does it ever seem like that is really the case? The guys are arrested and assumed to be guilty and the facts of the case are forced to fit that suspect. And thus an innocent is incarcerated or executed.

Last edited:

Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I've always had a problem with using the electric chair. I think they should use electric bleachers. More shocks per zap. The tree-hugging libs should approve.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yes, it's all true.

Those "citizens" that rape dismember toddlers will learn a harsh lesson by being put in prison for life.
    I can't think of a worse punishment than free meals, room and board, entertainment and fellowship.
    Truly, it is a fate worse than death. They'll be thinking long and hard about where they went wrong.
    Hell, they might just get reformed and be eligible for release.
    What a grand day that would be.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Just wondering if any of you have ever read the Bill of Rights. It came with more than just the 2nd Amendment.

8th%20Amendment.jpg

Lots of hypocrisy.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Why not? How much is a convicted murder's life worth to you? I just looked up the stats and in NY alone it costs roughly $168,000 per year per prisoner of your money and mine. That is money wasted on a wasted life that could be going to save the lives of our veterans or better our education system. Also I believe in equal opportunity executions. No one is to rich or poor to die if they did the crime.

TROOPER! You're Back! (don't worry, I won't tell anyone)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I have my reservations about this. Of course if it was my loved one I would be all for it. But does that make it right? I don't have an answer. For anyone wanting to hear a story about an innocent prson getting the death penalty, read this. It's all 100% true.

Shiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2014
    The dumpster
    TROOPER! You're Back! (don't worry, I won't tell anyone)

Sorry, I guess I don't get the reference. Is this supposed to be an insult?

I don't see the problem with eliminating the criminal class. Those people willingly chose a life of crime and have proven to be unworthy to live in our society. Why should we continue to waste tax payer money to "reform" them. Prison is just crime college to them. They go in a novice and come out a pro. So they should either be eliminated or permanently removed from society into a facility that costs as little tax dollars as possible to maintain.

Let the animals live like animals on a deserted island somewhere. You know like the Brits did with the Aussies

Top Bottom