• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Frosty, what does that mean next? Are the statements then shared with the attorneys for each side so that each side can lambast the other?

What about witnesses? When are they going to be deposed? Or composted? Or whatever the heck you do with witnesses!

During a deposition all attorneys are present and anyone who is a party to the lawsuit is present as well. Either side can call whomever they want to ask questions. It isn't a statement they ask questions and you answer as concisely as possible.

They wanted my depo as a principle party and Tiffany is the main witness. They may request more.

Sorry I can't give you specifics but come out to the Vanderburgh Courthouse Dec 10th and hear the whole story!

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    During a deposition all attorneys are present and anyone who is a party to the lawsuit is present as well. Either side can call whomever they want to ask questions. It isn't a statement they ask questions and you answer as concisely as possible.

They wanted my depo as a principle party and Tiffany is the main witness. They may request more.

Sorry I can't give you specifics but come out to the Vanderburgh Courthouse Dec 10th and hear the whole story!
    I hope they don't delay this thing to death.

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    watchingmovie.jpg

I definitely am going to be watching this!!

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Can't believe we have to wait till December...are the courts that busy or are they not waiting to deal with this and prolong it as long as possible.

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    Is video recording during the trial allowed?

If so, if someone was nice enough to record the trial and post it for those of us that can't attend, I am sure they will be given at least a few pounds of bacon for their efforts :whistle:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Can't believe we have to wait till December...are the courts that busy or are they not waiting to deal with this and prolong it as long as possible.

According to Guy it is actually pretty fast. You have to realize that this is not a criminal case and as such is not bound by the Constitution to be a 'speedy trial.' Patience is a virtue, and one I am learning whether I like it or not! :):

Is video recording during the trial allowed?

If so, if someone was nice enough to record the trial and post it for those of us that can't attend, I am sure they will be given at least a few pounds of bacon for their efforts :whistle:

I do not know but I will send that on to Guy and see what we can do about it. I think it would be awesome to have it recorded or possibly broadcast live too.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I can almost guarantee that no cameras / recording gear will be allowed in the courtroom.

-J-

Is there a reason why some are allowed and others are not? At the very least perhaps we can convince the media to be there and report on it... Well they don't really do that great of a job actually reporting the truth so that might be out the window. :rolleyes:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    According to Guy it is actually pretty fast. You have to realize that this is not a criminal case and as such is not bound by the Constitution to be a 'speedy trial.' Patience is a virtue, and one I am learning whether I like it or not! :):

I do not know but I will send that on to Guy and see what we can do about it. I think it would be awesome to have it recorded or possibly broadcast live too.
    Hmm, interesting. Is it only criminal if a citizen breaks the law and not criminal if a representative of the municipality breaks the law?

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Correct. The law itself allows for civil damages in the form of a lawsuit. If you can find a criminal law that was broken I'm sure Guy would like to hear about it but I think he is on top of it.
    I don't know the details, but it seems as if there must have been a crime committed by LE if you were forcibly removed while violating no law? If nothing else, even a simple assault or something?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't know the details, but it seems as if there must have been a crime committed by LE if you were forcibly removed while violating no law? If nothing else, even a simple assault or something?
    I don't think he can get into much of a discussion about a whole lot at this juncture.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I can't believe I just sat here and read all 78 pages of this thread LOL

Bring bacon to the courthouse.. (and a pocket voice recorder) hahaha

(what a long read)

Top Bottom