• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Because it would be taking money from the state to prop up something that obviously cannot support itself.

Do not start a business that is not capable of making money
    That's quite naive to say. Just because you're willing and able to accept government funds to help your business grow doesn't put your business in a bad light nor does it mean that your business isn't capable of running on it's own.

For example, my business has been in business for nearly 5 years now, growing 300% year over year, but that wouldn't mean that I'm not willing to accept additional funding from outside sources. The only kind of funding I won't accept is the "strings attached" kind (i.e. money for part ownership, etc).

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    That's quite naive to say. Just because you're willing and able to accept government funds to help your business grow doesn't put your business in a bad light nor does it mean that your business isn't capable of running on it's own.

For example, my business has been in business for nearly 5 years now, growing 300% year over year, but that wouldn't mean that I'm not willing to accept additional funding from outside sources. The only kind of funding I won't accept is the "strings attached" kind (i.e. money for part ownership, etc).

So as a business owner you just want FREE money? :D

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Indy Zoo also chooses to pay more for "green" energy which irritates me. They want me to donate but choose ways to voluntarily make their expenses higher

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    So as a business owner you just want FREE money? :D
    I'm happy to accept free money, you're welcome to "donate to my cause" :).

If there is a state or federal grant that would help my business grow, I'd take advantage of it in a heartbeat.

For example, there are grants out there that will pay something like 2/3 of the cost of building and maintaining a shooting range. It would be silly to not accept that money on principal unless there were conditions you simply did not agree with. (I didn't read up on the conditions, I just know the money is there).

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Indy Zoo also chooses to pay more for "green" energy which irritates me. They want me to donate but choose ways to voluntarily make their expenses higher

Yes, they make expenses higher, but it's a zoo that is actively involved in world conservation. If you're as involved as they supposedly are, why would you elect to use energy that pollutes or contaminates the environment?

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Poor Ben......

Wait, wasn't he already accused of that? I mean his OCing at the Zoo was supposedly caused cats and dogs living together, women and children stampeded, cattle raped, mass hysteria, etc.
    Hold on just a damn minute! I've met Ben and done a bike ride with him. He's a fine gentleman who doesn't deserve to have his name smeared. But now that I think about it he probably could do all that weird stuff. Yeah, I take it all back. He definitely needs to be watched. I mean, like, look what gas prices are doing. Ask yourself, where they that high BEFORE he pulled his little publicity stunt at the zoo? I think not. Sorry, fellas. You may continue your bashing.:D

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    And your total and undeniable truth of this statement ...

... is? Please avoid the jerky murky words of Green-peace et al. Just the facts, No paragraphs.
    Yes, they make expenses higher, but it's a zoo that is actively involved in world conservation. If you're as involved as they supposedly are, why would you elect to use energy that pollutes or contaminates the environment?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    ***UPDATE***

Sorry to get this back on track fellas but Mrs_Frost and I just got finished with our depositions. Depositions for the 4 officers and Zoo personnel will be scheduled later this week. Thanks for the support!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    ***UPDATE***

Sorry to get this back on track fellas but Mrs_Frost and I just got finished with our depositions. Depositions for the 4 officers and Zoo personnel will be scheduled later this week. Thanks for the support!
    Sounds like the wheels turned a little bit. Thanks for the update. Carry on.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    ***UPDATE***

Frosty, what does that mean next? Are the statements then shared with the attorneys for each side so that each side can lambast the other?

What about witnesses? When are they going to be deposed? Or composted? Or whatever the heck you do with witnesses!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom