• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I just read every single post in this thread, hoping that at the end I would find the resolution... Looks like I have to subscribe and keep checking back.

Any public resources one can use to follow the case beyond this thread and the newspaper?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hum.. I wonder if this case will turn sour just like the case in Hammond where the Judge basically said that the hammond ordniance of no guns in the park is OK since there is a disclaimer on the website saying all the ordiannce may not be accurate and since the new state law made it so. :faint:

Here is the link for that case:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...se/165392-hammond_is_looking_for_trouble.html

The case will be applead BTW.

-Jedi

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Hum.. I wonder if this case will turn sour just like the case in Hammond where the Judge basically said that the hammond ordniance of no guns in the park is OK since there is a disclaimer on the website saying all the ordiannce may not be accurate and since the new state law made it so. :faint:

Here is the link for that case:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...se/165392-hammond_is_looking_for_trouble.html

The case will be applead BTW.

-Jedi

No. I've spoken to TF, and without telling me why (I'm not pressing for details as I don't want to compromise anything), he's said he's got a positive attitude. He did say he's supposed to give a deposition soon, but I'm not sure when.

I do see what you're saying though. That whole website thing came out of left field. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    No. I've spoken to TF, and without telling me why (I'm not pressing for details as I don't want to compromise anything), he's said he's got a positive attitude. He did say he's supposed to give a deposition soon, but I'm not sure when.

I do see what you're saying though. That whole website thing came out of left field. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Well I don't know about Evansville but the Hammond issue did/does not suprise me considering it's LAKE COUNTY which is "above the law" and thus whatever it wants until the FEDs finally smack it! (ie. the last 2 East Chicago mayors were not taken down for corruption by the state but by the FEDs after a long, long, long time.) So hopefully you guys have better luck.

-Jedi

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    yeah, a LAKE COUNTY judge, preparing to retire in three months, conjures up some justification to support the mayor of Hammond, who, btw, is vice-chair of the Indiana democratic party. I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    yeah, a LAKE COUNTY judge, preparing to retire in three months, conjures up some justification to support the mayor of Hammond, who, btw, is vice-chair of the Indiana democratic party. I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.
    In the most straight forward of terms the good judge found that the two people filing suit had no standing because they hadn't been harmed. Another point that probably is being made is that just having the statutes still on the books is intimidation.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    In the most straight forward of terms the good judge found that the two people filing suit had no standing because they hadn't been harmed. Another point that probably is being made is that just having the statutes still on the books is intimidation.
    No, he said that because the website had a disclaimer on it the website was not the official ordinance, therefore no justification for the suit. No mention was made of "standing" the law clearly gives standing.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I've heard through the grapevine that the trial will be in December 2012. I'm sure Ben and Guy would appreciate as many INGO members as possible being there, so clear your schedules.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I still like the idea of a Zoo trip!!! Besides that I just needed to subscribe to the thread!

I'm in French Lick about every other month. Anyone else interested?

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I still like the idea of a Zoo trip!!! Besides that I just needed to subscribe to the thread!

I'm in French Lick about every other month. Anyone else interested?
    The zoo trip, imho, isn't a good idea at the moment unless you just happen to want to go on your own. Organizing an OC event there right now would be rubbing salt in the wound and would likely only result in negative backlash.

Top Bottom