• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I have seen nothing in the Evansville Courier as of yet. Just checked their website, notta, zilch

I got an email today that said that the CP is going to publish my letter on Thursday. I'm not sure of the reason for the delay, but I'd guess they want to have the City's response in hand at the same time.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Awesome, cannot wait to go all internet ninja on the the fruitcakes that will post in the comments section of the C&P

That will be interesting, since I just say, "put up or shut up" and produce the security video and EPD audio tapes. How does anyone argue with that?

(Of course, we know they will - logic notwithstanding.)

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    That will be interesting, since I just say, "put up or shut up" and produce the security video and EPD audio tapes. How does anyone argue with that?

(Of course, we know they will - logic notwithstanding.)
    See, and that's when we start hitting them with our ninja like logic:D

I already forwarded that letter to my brother and have not heard a word from him. He is GhrisG453 on the C&P. He slowly keeps becoming more rational. He still thinks he should have just covered it up, but has become less combative.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Say Guy in the paper today, good read. He's a excellent standard bearer for the cause.

Rep inbound

Got SIG?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I am sure I am repeating someone here, but do tell, how does a city "protect safety" as Brian Malte states in the article? Is he ignorant or deceitful about the police department's obligation to protect private citizens? According to Warren v. District of Columbia:
    Warren v. District of Columbia (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981) is a U.S. Court of Appeals case in which three rape victims sued the District of Columbia because of negligence on the part of the police. Two of three female roommates were upstairs when they heard men break in and attack the third. After repeated calls to the police over half an hour, the roommate's screams stopped, and they assumed the police had arrived. They went downstairs and were held captive, raped, robbed, beaten, and forced to commit sexual acts upon one another and to submit to the attackers' sexual demands for 14 hours. The police had lost track of the repeated calls for assistance. DC's highest court ruled that the police do not have a legal responsibility to provide personal protection to individuals, and absolved the police and the city of any liability.
    And more recently:

Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005), was a case decided by the Supreme Court of the United States, in which the court ruled, 7-2, that a town and its police department could not be sued under 42 U.S.C. §1983 for failing to enforce a restraining order, which had led to the murder of a woman's three children by her estranged husband.
    So I ask you Brian Malte, if the police aren't required to protect us, where does that responsibility lie? Exactly, my safety is my responsibility. As for the gun laws, can you list the ones that the criminals typically obey? I can wait.

Guy, nice article (http://www.indystar.com/article/20110927/LOCAL0202/109270333/) and keep up the good fight!!

Last edited:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    So, are we on the Indy Star article now? Seems the CP articles have been sufficiently educated.
    I just checked out the CP editorial page. They printed three on-line excerpts. One absolute idiot was crying about Tomes' new law that lets people open carry now. Another slams him for his out-of-text comments about the situation and made a comment such as, "Duh. What did he expect?" The third is a pro-gun piece. It looks like the CP needs to have an article to explain to the idiots what the new law does and doesn't do.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    My "open letter" is supposed to be published in the C&P tomorrow. And Jim Tomes has sent out a letter indicating that the C&P got it wrong ("Legislator Furious . . .") and the Indy Star got it right ("Tomes supports Relford's lawsuits."). I should have a copy soon.

Guy

Top Bottom