• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I'm all for oc and cc but gun laws are tough and it seems you have to balance the risks of freedom carry vs. completely losing the right. I just don't think "being asked" to conceal (not disarmament) should have made such a big scene.:dunno:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I'm all for oc and cc but gun laws are tough and it seems you have to balance the risks of freedom carry vs. completely losing the right. I just don't think "being asked" to conceal (not disarmament) should have made such a big scene.:dunno:

Do you even understand this Heinlein quote you have in your Sig??

"The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."
    Robert Heinlein

By your logic Rosa Parks should have just given up her seat rather than make a scene, right? :dunno:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Some anti dude's letter got printed in the Evansville Courier this morning saying it was stupid to open carry. I'm going to respond and hope they print my letter tomorrow. At least the editorial staff hasn't written an editorial against it yet.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Some anti dude's letter got printed in the Evansville Courier this morning saying it was stupid to open carry. I'm going to respond and hope they print my letter tomorrow. At least the editorial staff hasn't written an editorial against it yet.
    Okay, I just sent an email letter to the Courier. If someone can tell me how to attach it here I will do so.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Yes I do, very much so and I don't even have a ltch.

Just to clarify a bit more..

"The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."
    Robert Heinlein

You don't think the Police accosting a man who is doing nothing wrong, nothing illegal, and in fact, is in a place that is legally barred from controlling the citizens use of arms, is not being "controlled" in the context of the above quote?

garyindiane

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Bright, Dearborn County
    I compare these situations to this...

Your driving along at 55mph which is the posted legal speed limit for the road you are on. Cop pulls you over and says "Sir you are driving too fast. We have had a complaint from other moterist and we think you should be driving 35mph. 55mph is just too fast in our opinion. You have to drive 35 mph because you may scare someone"

You have done nothing illegal at at but are still being harrased by LEOs trying to enforce opinion.

-Gary

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I would never support anything against the right of someone to carry openly or cc. The majority are the anti's. If concealing in certain public areas where the majority roams keeps them quiet, then for pete's sake, cover it up. Balance and or co-exist is all I'm trying to say here. Like I said, don't take this wrong. It's just my view on this incident.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I would never support anything against the right of someone to carry openly or cc. The majority are the anti's. If concealing in certain public areas where the majority roams keeps them quiet, then for pete's sake, cover it up. Balance and or co-exist is all I'm trying to say here. Like I said, don't take this wrong. It's just my view on this incident.

"Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness."
    George Wahington.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Can you just copy and paste?
    No but I'll write it out here.

Those complaining about Benjamin Magenheimer open carrying a pistol at the zoo need to consider a few things. Courts have held that if you are attacked at the zoo the city, county or state is not liable for damages. Second, there aren't enough police to patrol everywhere at the same time. When it comes to violent crime police respond to the scene after it is over, file a report and testify at the trial of the guy who killed you. You probably have a better chance of an armed citizen, whether concealed or open carrying, being around you if/when you are attacked. Did anyone see any police at the zoo until they were called? Did they see Mr. Magenheimer, a legally armed citizen, who would probably go out of his way to defend them also in an emergency? Most people bent on hurting someone are cowards. They attack quickly, violently and usually from behind. It might take too long for a citizen to draw from concealment to defend himself and his family. I applaud Mr. Magenheimer for his decision on how best to defend his family. Consider also that the sight of a legally carried firearm might make someone think twice about trying to snatch a purse. Don't fear an exposed firearm carried by a normal citizen. Fear the one you don't see in the pocket of the repeat violent felon walking down the street toward you at night.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom