• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    How do you know what his demeanor was at the time? Some witnesses claim he got loud and was clearly agitated and "Made a scene." None of us except Mr. Frost, the cops and those in close proximity know what really happened.
    What witnesses? The only ones who have said he was being disorderly were the police. They just got made fools of, so I tend to believe Ben over them.

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Why do folks get so upset on the words? The license permits one to carry a handgun on their person. I see this constantly an I'm not sure why folks always feel the need to point out the difference. It isn't like the license is more than what it is: a government permission slip.

I have wondered that myself? :dunno:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I'll have to dig out an old paper but some woman made the statement about him being loud and disorderly. We both know the paper can't be wrong;)

I have read many of Ben's posts here on INGO, and have never seen him get irate, (*), or "loud" in any of his comments. If anything, he strikes me as a very laid back individual who has thick skin and a good sense of humor. He also strikes me as someone who will not tuck their tail between their legs and cower in defeat when someone tries to bully him. That being said, I wasn't there, but I suppose what happened is that Ben wasn't going to submit to their unlawful commands and they kept pushing the issue. As he kept asserting his rights, a "scene" was made because it seemed that the two parties were arguing. In the words of our own Kirk Freeman: "Contempt of Cop."

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    By the way, the video in the article above has a police woman (Karen Majowicz) stating the him being ejected from the zoo had nothing to do with "The Gun", it was only because of "The Disturbance".

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I'll have to dig out an old paper but some woman made the statement about him being loud and disorderly. We both know the paper can't be wrong;)

My wife thinks I get loud and forceful, with people all of the time. What it really is, it's she does not like any sort of conflict in public so when people are standing their ground and expressing displeasure it would be " causing a disruption". I think the fact that he did not spend any time downtown is a better indication of his attitude.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    What witnesses? The only ones who have said he was being disorderly were the police. They just got made fools of, so I tend to believe Ben over them.

See post #100- Of course her presence cannot be verified. There were a couple others that posted in that thread who said the same thing. Again, I'm not pointing a finger at TF, just passing info. He seems like a great guy from what I have seen on here.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    The battle is being fought on the Bloomington HT as well. If anyone has a log in there come fight them with me. Just when I think I've shot down all of the idiots, they go and find a new one for me.:D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    How do you know what his demeanor was at the time? Some witnesses claim he got loud and was clearly agitated and "Made a scene." None of us except Mr. Frost, the cops and those in close proximity know what really happened.

Your question is legit. My info regarding his demeanor and those involved in this event comes from the horse's mouth. I am Mr. Frost's friend, pastor and fierce IDPA competitor. I believe him 100% and stand behind him in this 100%. I won't elaborate on our conversations on this forum for obvious reasons.

I will say that this is not the first time TF has experienced these issues in public. A quick check of his posts and threads will reveal these instances for you. In each case he calmly, yet firmly, stood his ground on his rights. He has yet to be arrested and as far as I know has never seen the inside of the Vanderburgh County Jail. I've no reason to doubt this event was handled by him the same way. Calm and firm.

I have not heard nor read of any "witnesses" saying he was unruly- could you please cite your source on this information?

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Your question is legit. My info regarding his demeanor and those involved in this event comes from the horse's mouth. I am Mr. Frost's friend, pastor and fierce IDPA competitor. I believe him 100% and stand behind him in this 100%. I won't elaborate on our conversations on this forum for obvious reasons.

I will say that this is not the first time TF has experienced these issues in public. A quick check of his posts and threads will reveal these instances for you. In each case he calmly, yet firmly, stood his ground on his rights. He has yet to be arrested and as far as I know has never seen the inside of the Vanderburgh County Jail. I've no reason to doubt this event was handled by him the same way. Calm and firm.

I have not heard nor read of any "witnesses" saying he was unruly- could you please cite your source on this information?

Thank you Pastor! :yesway::yesway::yesway:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville

Nah. I'll back off. We were out of town this weekend romping with the grandkids so I was just half following this on-line. I just always question blanket statements by people who were not there. I hope to meet mr. TF sooner rather than later and I'm sure we'll get along famously. BTW, if he has any more interactions with the EPD he'll probably get an invitation to the FOP Christmas party:D

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Some of the crap posted in the comments is downright frightening.

Okay now you are starting to **** me off. You idiots are the reason I quit the NRA years ago. I am going to explain it one last time. In Indiana it is no longer illegal to possess a firearm just because one is a convicted felon. You have to be a serious violent felon. I pointed this out to a couple of you last night. Even though you insist it is. Next Senator Jim Tomes introduced changes to the gun laws. You can go to his website and click the link for his legislation.
    Now here it is one last time. A person can now carry a handgun WITHOUT A PERMIT on their person on their own property or on the property of another with that person's consent. I am well aware of 35-47-2-3. I am telling you just because you cannot get a permit doesn't mean you can't own a firearm. My God you people are slow.

Then JackBurton posts the actual code defining "proper person" and that same moron posts:

Okay I give up. You posted a legal description for a "Proper Person". Do you think the police have ever arrested anyone for being an "Improper Person"?
    I have been a gun owner my whole life. I believe in the right to own and carry. It is you dense, red neck fools, that make me embarrassed to support gun laws.
    The Jim Tomes laws are terrible. It allows felons to carry guns period. I have posted the links and proven my point.

:rolleyes::n00b:

Shelly1582

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some of the crap posted in the comments is downright frightening.

Then JackBurton posts the actual code defining "proper person" and that same moron posts:

:rolleyes::n00b:

Apparently that guy only read the first line of IC 35-47, a result of SB 0506. :dunno:

"Citations Affected: IC 35-47.
    Synopsis: Handgun possession. Allows a person to carry a handgun on or about the person's body without being licensed to carry a handgun if: (1) the person is in or on property, or in a vehicle, that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by the person; (2) the person is lawfully present in or on private property, or in a vehicle, that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by another person; (3) the person is carrying the handgun at a shooting range, while attending a firearms instructional course, or while engaged in a legal hunting activity; or (4) the handgun is unloaded and securely wrapped. (Current law provides that a person who does not possess a valid handgun license may not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body unless the person: (1) is in the person's dwelling or fixed place of business or on the person's property; or (2) is carrying the handgun unloaded and in a secure wrapper from the place where the handgun was purchased to the person's dwelling or fixed place of business, between a handgun repair shop and the person's dwelling or fixed place of business, or from one dwelling or fixed place of business to another.) Specifies that a person who has been convicted of domestic battery may not possess or carry a handgun unless the person's right to possess a firearm has been restored by a court."

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Apparently that guy only read the first line of IC 35-47, a result of SB 0506. :dunno:

"Citations Affected: IC 35-47.
    Synopsis: Handgun possession. Allows a person to carry a handgun on or about the person's body without being licensed to carry a handgun if: (1) the person is in or on property, or in a vehicle, that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by the person; (2) the person is lawfully present in or on private property, or in a vehicle, that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by another person; (3) the person is carrying the handgun at a shooting range, while attending a firearms instructional course, or while engaged in a legal hunting activity; or (4) the handgun is unloaded and securely wrapped. (Current law provides that a person who does not possess a valid handgun license may not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body unless the person: (1) is in the person's dwelling or fixed place of business or on the person's property; or (2) is carrying the handgun unloaded and in a secure wrapper from the place where the handgun was purchased to the person's dwelling or fixed place of business, between a handgun repair shop and the person's dwelling or fixed place of business, or from one dwelling or fixed place of business to another.) Specifies that a person who has been convicted of domestic battery may not possess or carry a handgun unless the person's right to possess a firearm has been restored by a court."

But see, none of that matters, he read an article that said the new laws allow felons to carry :n00b:

Top Bottom