• ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    This guy is hilarious:

And I provided you the Indiana code. In fact I spoke with the Vanderburgh County Prosecutor's Office today. And guess what I am right. In fact they are pretty stumped how they are supposed to prosecute gun crimes thanks to the Indiana law makers not realizing what a mess this would cause.

:nuts::facepalm:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    He went way past that though. He claimed that a felon can carry "without any kind of permit on their person". Then claimed that local lawmakers told him personally they can't prosecute gun crimes now because of the Tomes Bills, but then yet again, acknowledged the changed were made in 2002 before the Tomes bills.. :n00b:
    Yeah I know, but I had no idea there was no Indiana Law prohibiting someone from owning a firearm. Man my foot sure does taste bad, thank God for that federal law or we would really look stupid

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Please think through the Open carry at the zoo. I fully support TF in what is going on. Mostly because I know he carried that way regularly and was acting no different then he would typically. I truly believe a show like this will just bring bad press and ill will. Go instead to the second amendment meeting and see what we can acomplish there.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Guy,
    As I said in my PM, REP INBOUND..... after I spread some around..... Your first in line to get REP...... SOMEONE PLEASE REP TFT IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!!

He isn't taking on this for just his client, he is doing this for every INGOs (not just members of this site) and should be recognized for his efforts........ Again thank you Guy for what your doing for all of us.

Thank you, sir. Ben and I very much appreciate the support and encouragement from our fellow INGOers!

Guy

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What disturbs me most of all with a bunch of the anti gunners and some of the people who claim to be gunners is that they say yeah you have the right but do not do it. So I have the right but I should not use it. How would that go over with any other right. IE I know you are muslim and want to wear the garb but do not do it cause that right might be taken away. Yes you can carry a gun but if you do then it may be taken away. Does anyone see the irony here. It is disturbing. People were supposedly disturbed at the gun so he does not have the right anymore. I am disturbed by liberal speech now can I complain to the police and will they come tell them to shut up and when they do not will they throw them out and charge them with disorderly conduct if enough people are "disturbed"

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    What disturbs me most of all with a bunch of the anti gunners and some of the people who claim to be gunners is that they say yeah you have the right but do not do it. So I have the right but I should not use it. How would that go over with any other right. IE I know you are muslim and want to wear the garb but do not do it cause that right might be taken away. Yes you can carry a gun but if you do then it may be taken away. Does anyone see the irony here. It is disturbing. People were supposedly disturbed at the gun so he does not have the right anymore. I am disturbed by liberal speech now can I complain to the police and will they come tell them to shut up and when they do not will they throw them out and charge them with disorderly conduct if enough people are "disturbed"
    The point that I think a lot of us are trying to make is that the open carry thing in Indiana is so new that most people aren't aware of it. It isn't new in the sense that we just got the right but in the sense that so few people do it yet that there isn't a lot of exposure. I've never seen an OCerier here. What happens when people aren't exposed to it gradually but all of a sudden come upon a group of OC people basically strutting their stuff. We have the right but if you stick it in people's noses the way that some are suggesting we WILL lose it. Things are slowly going our way with our new gun-friendly laws. Let's keep building slowly and bring the public along.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The point that I think a lot of us are trying to make is that the open carry thing in Indiana is so new that most people aren't aware of it. It isn't new in the sense that we just got the right but in the sense that so few people do it yet that there isn't a lot of exposure. I've never seen an OCerier here. What happens when people aren't exposed to it gradually but all of a sudden come upon a group of OC people basically strutting their stuff. We have the right but if you stick it in people's noses the way that some are suggesting we WILL lose it. Things are slowly going our way with our new gun-friendly laws. Let's keep building slowly and bring the public along.

That argument holds no water. Show me one case where anyone has stood up for their rights, and lost that right for doing so..

By your logic Rosa parks should have just gave up her seat so she didnt make waves..

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Like I said I fully support and agree with what TF did, He lived his daily life and in thatvwas wronged. The Open Carry day at the zoo is taking a great thing one step too far. What good can come from this? We have already won in the state house now you want to in mass flaunt something known to alarm people. I would hope that we try and work into this gracefully and educate people in thenatural course and not try and ram it down thier throats.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Like I said I fully support and agree with what TF did, He lived his daily life and in thatvwas wronged. The Open Carry day at the zoo is taking a great thing one step too far. What good can come from this? We have already won in the state house now you want to in mass flaunt something known to alarm people. I would hope that we try and work into this gracefully and educate people in thenatural course and not try and ram it down thier throats.

Most on this board know that I am an advocate of OC. You would be hard pressed to find someone who is more pro-OC than I (with the exception of ATM, who happens to be a god among OC'ers). However, I don't think that an OC event at the park would be prudent at this time. They have been hit hard right now with the lawsuit that has been filed on behalf of TF. Their heads are spinning as to what they can do here. Holding an OC event at the zoo would be like rubbing salt into a wound right now.

I am a big proponent for activism. But activism should be done for the purpose of making a change. The zoo has been advised that their actions were unlawful, and they will have to deal with the consequences of their actions. I say let the lawsuit take its natural course and allow the legal system to work for us. Kicking them while they are down will do nothing to help our case.

I humbly suggest that you continue your plans for an OC event, but that you schedule it for an alternate location. If I were closer to you, I would gladly join in. It's your decision, but you really should consider your actions carefully.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ^ Agreed. Let them see one or two people OCing normally each week and it will soon become the norm. Probably too soon for a big OC gathering to have the most desirable effect.

Top Bottom