• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Good for them to stand up to the "POWERS THAT BE".. Lawyers and Courts always trump ignorance and stupidity.

I for one wouldn't stop with the City of Evansville.. I'd be suing those police officers personally!

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Man, did I get sick of reading those comments. It never ceases to amaze me how many uninformed ignoramuses there are out there. They make up their own facts, don't even bother to read the article, ignore what the law says and just make **** up about the plaintiff at random.

I live in South Bend, for crying out loud, and I actually think I'm better off than those of you that live in Evansville.

That scares me a little bit...:rolleyes:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I am still banging away on both comment sections. Hearing this much ignorance is stunning. Not unbelievable though.

I tried to register on the website to enter into the fray, but the system wouldn't let me create an account. Hmmmm..... Methinks there is conspiracy afoot. Where's rambone??? :shady:

HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    Another win from this situation. I normally OC about 95% of the time here in Evansville. After all of the media coverage and discussing this situation with me, my wife has decided that she is OK with me OCing. Apparently she used to be semi-uncomfortable with it, but now it's fine. She would be in favor of an OC day at the zoo. And this morning she started trolling around INGO. :rockwoot:

And a friend who works at my local bank branch asked this morning if I had been to the zoo recently.:D

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Don't let a few whacked out commentators skew your view of Eville, look more toward the poll results and you will have a better view of this area.

jvanvorst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    It was safer to refuse the officer "request"

Alot of the comments in rag's website were debating whether or not Ben should have OC'ed in this venue. Whether we agree with his decision or not is beside the point. He was obeying the law.

When the LEO told him to conceal the weapon would he not have had to remove it from the holster and put it somewhere? Bystanders witnessing this may have jumped to conclusions that he was brandishing a weapon at this point? Could one of the LEOs interpreted his actions as hostile and created a more ridiculous situation?

LEOs need to know the law. Ask to see the permit then have a nice day.

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    Here is what I was going to post, but it wouldn't let me create an account. So if anyone wants to use part or all of my post feel free.

The closed minded people on here really make me wonder how our society will survive. Calling someone a loser, scum, moron etc. just because he chooses to carry a gun out in the open. You dont know who he is, what he has been through, or what training he has. You wouldn’t call a police officer those horrible names because he has a gun. Then why this man? Because the officer wears a uniform or has a badge? I just think people shouldn’t be so quick to judge those they know nothing about. If you feel in danger by all means call the police they are only minutes away from preventing an imminent threat.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Now nefsigh has suggested "changing the purchase laws to make guns more track-able" and "mandatory firearm training for everyone" in the "updated" article on the courrier press website.

These people just want to see freedoms eroded more and more and more and more.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Now nefsigh has suggested "changing the purchase laws to make guns more track-able" and "mandatory firearm training for everyone" in the "updated" article on the courrier press website.

These people just want to see freedoms eroded more and more and more and more.

Yeah, thinking about replying to him. At least he isn't saying we've got small peckers, so I'm not gonna beat on him too badly.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have said it before in this thread, I said it on the article, and I will say it again..

What logical sense does it make for someone to they are are "scared" of an uncovered gun, but will feel better when it is covered? It's still THERE for crying out loud!

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    I have said it before in this thread, I said it on the article, and I will say it again..

What logical sense does it make for someone to they are are "scared" of an uncovered gun, but will feel better when it is covered? It's still THERE for crying out loud!

Ostrich2.gif

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Alot of the comments in rag's website were debating whether or not Ben should have OC'ed in this venue. Whether we agree with his decision or not is beside the point. He was obeying the law.

When the LEO told him to conceal the weapon would he not have had to remove it from the holster and put it somewhere? Bystanders witnessing this may have jumped to conclusions that he was brandishing a weapon at this point? Could one of the LEOs interpreted his actions as hostile and created a more ridiculous situation?

LEOs need to know the law. Ask to see the permit then have a nice day.

Uh wut?

Top Bottom