• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    It won't hurt anything to use WD40, but there are much better products like the ones that have been mentioned in this thread. All I can tell you is I have never seen a knife manufacture recommend using WD40 and a lot of the products mention in this thread are highly recommended by the manufactures. WD40 is a thicker lube and has been known to gum up a bit. The Teflon based lubes are much thinner and with teflon it's a great moisture dispersant.:twocents:

QFT

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    94c335a2.jpg

I WIN!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I use Remington MoistureGuard RemOil and have never had an issue with rust on knives or firearms. I also put Frank's Red Hot on my ESEE, but that's only because I put that :poop: on everything.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    What kinda of warranty do these carry with them? are they locally made?

ESEE Knives
    Lifetime, no questions asked replacement warranty. Even if you get the knife second hand.

ESEE Knives
    With the exception of the Lite Machete blade, all ESEE branded knives are manufactured in Idaho Falls, Idaho by Rowen Manufacturing. Our Cordura MOLLE backs are sewn in Mexico and the Junglas Laserna Back Pack and Recovery Bag is made in Colombia.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    The warranty is only from ESEE knives or older models from Rat Cutlery made from Rowen and Rowen only and yes it is a no questions asked on the breakage or cracking of the steel only. Not the sheath or handles but the blade. This does not include rust.

Idaho Falls, Idaho is where Rowen is located. The heat treatment on the steel is the key on why Rowen makes ESEE knives.

Are they the best knives made NO but they are a GREAT knife for the money. Oh yeah I am a direct dealer with ESEE. ;)

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Just picked up my Junglas from Knife Lady today. Came home to put it to work right away. Used it to prepare some kindling. Great knife, and so far it lives up to its reputation. Thanks again Knife Lady!
    picture.php

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Good job Adam. I used my VG this weekend to split some firewood and some really nice cherry we used to cook steaks over the campfire. It was great.

I'm convinced you really can't break the junglas.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Was the ESEE Laser Strike a bust? It seems like when they came out they were the talk of the town, but I haven't heard anything about them.

Top Bottom