• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Nice setup Firefighter56, hope you don't mind me posting the pic.

2012-02-14_12-10-11_154.jpg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I used my junglas over the weekend to clear a path on our propery to a river. I had taken a neighbor back there the day before and everytime I go back there I have to fight through all the brush and little prickly things. He said he's bring over a chainsaw and that's just too much tool for what little I had to do. The junglass was just right. Now, I have a nice wide and clear path you can drive a truck down. I'm amazed at how easily that blade goes right through most things in a single swipe and still holds an edge. Yesterday was the first time I had to sharpen the beast (haven't had it that long) and it was pretty simple. I did manage to get a little nick in the blade near the tip, but that just adds character. I've tried to explain to guys who don't get it why I'd spend so much on a knife like that, but I'm sure glad I did.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    I had a 9" thick power pole come down at my place and I had cut it into 2' sections with a chainsaw. One day while burning the pieces up in the fire pit I decided to cut one section in half with the Junglas. :)

It took roughly 10-15 min. To get through. I kept turning it and chipping away pieces all the way around like a beaver would.
    IMG_9808.jpg

Afterward the blade still shaved my arm with ease. And after a quick strop it was easily sharper then the factory edge. Great blades for the money.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Tools Photos by firefighter56 | Photobucket

Its been about a year since I've taken any photo's and put them in here. Since then I've Anso'd the handles of my 6, stripped my 5, picked up several more knives and a few more guns. The sheath for the 6 and Izzy came from Godspeed Tactical. I am also waiting for the Tan 6 group buy from Eli. I have a few more sheaths and some other things coming from him too so I'll probably be the last one to see mine but I'm fine with that and I've told him I'm in no hurry so he can work on everyone elses first.

Nice setup bro. I know you from the esee forum, glad to see you made it over here.

Welcome to INGO and great pics!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I used my junglas over the weekend to clear a path on our propery to a river. I had taken a neighbor back there the day before and everytime I go back there I have to fight through all the brush and little prickly things. He said he's bring over a chainsaw and that's just too much tool for what little I had to do. The junglass was just right. Now, I have a nice wide and clear path you can drive a truck down. I'm amazed at how easily that blade goes right through most things in a single swipe and still holds an edge. Yesterday was the first time I had to sharpen the beast (haven't had it that long) and it was pretty simple. I did manage to get a little nick in the blade near the tip, but that just adds character. I've tried to explain to guys who don't get it why I'd spend so much on a knife like that, but I'm sure glad I did.

I've been making paths though the woods at my place and my in laws and the Junglas is fantastic!! Such a great knife, balance, good edge, good grip, sheath, I could go on and on. Woohoo! :D

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I've been making paths though the woods at my place and my in laws and the Junglas is fantastic!! Such a great knife, balance, good edge, good grip, sheath, I could go on and on. Woohoo! :D

I used mine this past summer after we took down 5 pine trees. It makes quick work of removing branches and chopping them down to size.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The weight of the knife really made it easy for me. Cleaning off little branches barely even feels like a bump with that knife. It was a lot less hassle then dealing with a chain saw and quicker than using clippers. My wife still rolls her eyes at me when she see's me going out back with the thing to work with like I could have gotten away wiht using a swiss army knife or something, but she puts up with me. I hesitated buying one just because I was afraid it was only going to look cool like a rambo knife but not be very useful. Man I'm glad I bought one. It made such short work of all the brush. The only thing I've done to mine was wrapping some friction tape around the handle. It doesn't really "need" it, but in the winter with gloves on I don't want that hog slipping out of my hands.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    So glad to see you all using your ESEE knives and enjoying them. They are great knives for the money. I will soon be carrying the new 2013 models when they start shipping. More to come.........

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Well I am pretty excited about it too. Just waiting on Jeff to give me the go ahead. ESEE has a lot on their plates this year.

That's good news! Can't wait to see what kind of group buy you have in mind.

(and hopefully one of the things keeping Jeff and Mike so busy is getting the Junglas Backpack in stock!)

Firefighter56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    East Central Indiana
    Nice setup Firefighter56, hope you don't mind me posting the pic.

2012-02-14_12-10-11_154.jpg

No worries!! I just figured it would be easier to post a link to my pics than to post multiple pics up here. That is my favorite setup though, there isn't much you can't get done with a 6 and Izzy. Suprisingly its not that heavy and with the dangler setup from Eli it never gets in the way.

Firefighter56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    East Central Indiana
    I see some of the same names here that I see on ESEE's forum and that's cool. I'm sure there are probably some others that have different names here and there. I had the pleasure of participating in hiding one of the tubes for Jeff. I was actually the first (besides Jeff and Wendy) to get one. It was a blast! Thanks for the warm welcomes here and I plan to continue to participate in both places frequently.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom