• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Business owners have the right to fire an employee for any reason. But they don't have the right to prevent employees from keeping guns in their vehicles.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    It's every bit of the business owners right. Just a shame he has to reinforce the stereotype. Hopefully he won't complain when he's boycotted for his actions.

Yea, every minority (or for that matter, Democrat) in Utah can boycott their business-probably with NO change in profit margin?? Bill.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    There are a multitude of reasons to vote for or against somebody. NOBODY who was running supported my personal position 100%. Holding that against somebody to the point of firing them is pretty "over the top".

You ever heard of voting with your wallet? What do you think this is?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I vote with my wallet. But getting fired is a bit extreme, no?

No. Give me one good reason it's okay to refuse to give your money to a business that doesn't support your cause while simultaneously arguing that it's poor form for an employer to refuse to give his money to someone that doesn't support his.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    No. Give me one good reason it's okay to refuse to give your money to a business that doesn't support your cause while simultaneously arguing that it's poor form for an employer to refuse to give his money to someone that doesn't support his.

So you're teling me that a great employee who voted against your candidate deserves to be fired?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I was recently 'outed' at an event at my job. The first thing I thought about was possibly losing my job because people now know I own firearms and support gun rights. I guess my employer has the right to fire me because my beliefs differs from theirs, but I certainly don't like it. Maybe I shouldn't have gone to that 2A rally the other day.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I was recently 'outed' at an event at my job. The first thing I thought about was possibly losing my job because people now know I own firearms and support gun rights. I guess my employer has the right to fire me because my beliefs differs from theirs, but I certainly don't like it. Maybe I shouldn't have gone to that 2A rally the other day.
    Maybe not, especially if there was a chance of being filmed or photographed

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    :facepalm:

I'm telling you that I think an employer should be free to make the decision according to HIS--and only his--standards.

Now, you gonna give me that reason or not?

I'm just curious as to where you feel the line is in this whole thing. I'm truly wondering the mindset regarding this.

Do you go and ask your employees who they voted for and then fire them if you disagree with their choices?

Top Bottom