• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shift

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    This will end badly. Intolerance breeds intolerance. I predict something like what happened with Chic-Fila (gays staged a "kiss in" in some restaurants).

images

Omg, that's disgusting...

Peach milshakes..:rolleyes:

Jason91887

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    This is precisely why I flat out REFUSE to talk about politics (or any personal belief for that matter) at work, even if it is with a friend or someone I trust, because you never know who could be listening and what could come of it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You actually think there will be silence if that comes to pass?

I didn't say there would be silence. I'm just saying that gun owners and 2A rights supporters should support the decision if it comes to pass, if they are willing to accept what the employer chose to do in this instance.

Sure, an employer should be able to do as he/she desires, but it would be good to be smart about it. Irony is one thing, but retaliation is another.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I didn't say there would be silence. I'm just saying that gun owners and 2A rights supporters should support the decision if it comes to pass, if they are willing to accept what the employer chose to do in this instance.

Sure, an employer should be able to do as he/she desires, but it would be good to be smart about it. Irony is one thing, but retaliation is another.

I fully agree with you. But having those who support the parking lot bill and some even want to force businesses to allow customers to carry on their property, I doubt they will be supportive should an employer fire someone over 2A support.

I used to be a partisan hack until I saw what I was saying and doing was no different than what the left does. I support a business's right to discriminate against gays, minorities, gun owners, young, old, etc. I wish there were no laws preventing them from doing so. I'd prefer that business owners would be more open with their bigotry so that we as consumers could vote with our dollars and feet. I would never support a business if I knew they were racists, etc. If business owners saw what their bigoted views were costing them, maybe they'd learn how stupid their beliefs are.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I was curious, so I looked up the business in the OP. This is posted on his facebook page (apparently created today):

https://www.facebook.com/TerryLeeForensics

Thank you for your interest in Terry Lee Forensics.

If you have reached this site due to the erroneous newspaper article originating in the Salt Lake Tribune, here are some interesting facts regarding the article:

1. I am the sole-proprietor of this business and I have no employees.

2. For a number of years I have been performing digital forensics as a sole operator Private Investigator in the state of Utah.

3. I have decided to expand operations outside the state of Utah by starting this company.

4. I have no employees.

5. I would never fire anyone based on how they vote. Voting in this country is a right we should all be proud to exercise.

6. I do not use any accounting services, yet.

I realize we all tend to believe the printed word, however, sometimes things are not as they appear.

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    you can quit your job for whatever you like.

i'll be damned tho if i pay for your unemployment because someone makes poor decisions in life and hates their job.

You don't get unemployment when you quite, except in some very limited circumstances.

Quitting a job is firing an employer.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    MH - What's so bad about that? You can fire your employer for any reason, and he can fire you for any reason. Customers can "vote with their feet" as well. I have no problem with an employer having the right to do this. If someone doesn't want to employ me - even based on something stupid like race or religion or anything - then I don't want to work for them. Period. Que's question above made sense.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    MH - What's so bad about that? You can fire your employer for any reason, and he can fire you for any reason. Customers can "vote with their feet" as well. I have no problem with an employer having the right to do this. If someone doesn't want to employ me - even based on something stupid like race or religion or anything - then I don't want to work for them. Period. Que's question above made sense.
    Well sir, you need to just stop making sense

Top Bottom