• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Hmmm, when I am coming home or out at about during those hours I guess they should not worry about sirens so I can get out of the way to allow them to get to the scene faster because you and your familes sleep is more important.......:) Oh and your familes sleep is more important then me bleeding out on the side of the road after a wreck coming home from work because they can't use sirens and have drive slower resulting in me dieing......... but I am sure everyone including myself will die happy knowing that you and little Timmy got their sleep.

I realize you are most liley trying to stir the pot and fire people up so consider the above a response to a stupid thread.

:rolleyes:

I am also sure that you would be the first to sue when little Timmy dies in a house fire or something at night and you find out they did not use their sirens and could not get their faster...... or like above I am sure you would be okay wish some minni cooper getting hit but a fire truck because the person did not hear the sirens (I often hear fire trucks before I see them) so that little Timmy can get his sleep.
    You can exit the wagon now. :rolleyes:

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Let me add to this thread by explaining the comment about running the lights and sirens for :poop: and giggles...I know of a few people who work at the fire department who would say they do it because they can, and because it's cool. I was wrong in implying ALL emergency personnel are this way, but used a generalization I should not have included. With that said, I live in a city run by retards, and I wouldn't put anything past them for instilling some ridiculous code about anything. Anyone who lives in Bloomington will attest to that. I could have been a little more tactful in my OP, but then again, that wouldn't be me, now would it?

Thanks to those who answered in a mild manner.

I'm done with this thread.

Does not compute...............:dunno:

You can exit the wagon now. :rolleyes:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Does not compute...............:dunno:
    His version of...

tongue.jpg

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Im not the one directly affected, but when it wakes a baby, and the parent has to in turn get up to sooth the baby because of the barrage of sirens that just went by, then two people are affected. That's the basis of my rant. If there are multiple emergency vehicles traveling in a row, why do they ALL need to blare their sirens? In larger cities, I could validate the 24 hr traffic warning, but it's simply not that way here. You might see 1/2 dozen cars an hour if your lucky.

welcome to parenthood. if you couldn't handle it, you shouldn't have joined the ranks.

this was not intended to be purple either.

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    As an OP said in a earlier post, 75% (actually I think it's 70% now) of the fire protection in this country is volunteer.

7 bucks here and 7 bucks there add up. I don't know your area or demographics but I've seen many counties go with full time'ers way to soon and wind up in this position.

Honestly a combination firehouse is the way to go.

As a former Fire Fighter / EMT you won't find any sympathy from me when you try and project those scare tactics to people in order to save your job.

FWIW If the county does pass the savings of cutting some of those FT positions home owners would be looking at a decrease in prop taxes of probably 50 bucks a year, netting 57 a year. The house will stay open, it'll just go back to volunteers. Depending on the call volume of your station, that is probably not a bad thing in the least and you're saving taxpayers nearly 2 million dollars a year in salaries / benefits.

Like the OP being selfish about his sleep, your just focused on your job here. Shame on you for trying to scare everyone into signing your petition.

First off I was asking for help from the people of madison towship, so If you dont live there I dont see how it is fair for you to make that decision for them, Let me tell you a story, the same group of people that are fighting this stuff, fought another dept. and got their ambulance shut down, so since the township is only responsible for providing FIRE protection and not ems, they said sorry all , no ems responses will be ran on township money, That group said they already had a county ems system and did not see a need for their local fire dept to staff an ambulance. Less than a month latter a family member of one of the ones who fought so hard to stop the townships amb. had a massive heart attack, and that amb the county had for them... It took 45 min to get to him. So all of us can guess what that outcome was.

If you live in madison twp , go ahead and state your opinion, if not please dont try to make such a life and death decision for them, based on opinions that you have no knowlegd of, nor directly affect you.

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    The reason we run lights and sirens 24-7 is this. If I smoke a Mini Cooper in my 60,000lb fire truck while not using all the tools avalible to me I, not just the department but me personally, am going to get sued. Waking you and your kid up is better than me killing somebody in a wreck and spending the rest of my life in court and prision.

This thank you. .. must be comming from another engineer

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    PLEASE ALL, Fight to keep your staffed firehouses, at the one I work for there is a group of people that are fighting a $7.00 a month tax increase on a $150,000.00 home to keep a firehouse open and keeping 16 firefighters jobs. My job is one at risk. We run a fire engine and a Ambulance, and are at risk of being closed. We need all the fire and ems protection we can get folks. If you live in Madison Twp. in morgan county, please stop by one of the two firehouses, and sign our petition to keep our jobs and to keep you safe.
    If I lived there, I would.....

Top Bottom