Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    clips vs. magazine

poster33090609rc9-tm.jpg

clipmag1.jpg

thereisadifference2.jpg

And for the exception to the rule: A pistol that takes clips (as I'm sure this is the type of pistol Nakatomi was referring to the OC as carrying... HA!):

c96_oleg.jpg

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to the doctor to go get scoped. :nopity:

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Wow after reading all the post I was just going to ignore your uneducated flaming post and live my life, but after this I have to say you are a complete Jackass!!!

You have gone from thinking OCer are "KOOKS" to Judging another member by his/her choice of handgun.

Have you ever been shot??? Do you have ant real life experience??

I was 18 when some banger on the southside of Chitcago wanted my Harley more then I did I guess. I am a big guy but I was unarmed because the Commie state of Illinois does not allow carry of any kind. I was sitting at the light when 2 of them got out of their car one held a small pistol at me while the other told me to get off the bike. I am pretty sure it was a 22 or 25 from the looks of the barrel but I really didn't want to find out.
    Any gun is better then no gun!!!!

A man who is trying to protect his family should not be critized by his choice of weapon, and by you doing just that you have reaffirmed my opinion of you!!

MODS***** Please do not delete or edit this post if I have to take a suspension for this I will.. To judge another man for his choice of weapon used to protect his family officially makes this poster a Jackass. Not every member here can afford a Glock or XD and should'nt have to be called out on his choice of firearm.****

:+1: Totally agree.. One of these days I want to shake your hand Mike. I would never put down someone for what he or she carries. Not everyone can afford a XD, Glock, HK, Sig, ect... When people ask me what they should carry or just purchase I tell them get the best you can afford and what you can shoot the best.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    poster33090609rc9-tm.jpg

clipmag1.jpg

thereisadifference2.jpg

And for the exception to the rule: A pistol that takes clips (as I'm sure this is the type of pistol Nakatomi was referring to the OC as carrying... HA!):

c96_oleg.jpg

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to the doctor to go get scoped. :nopity:

I stand corrected weaker, he must be carrying that. I'd love to OC that thing! Enjoy your scope, those are always fun. Really, good luck though.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Wow after reading all the post I was just going to ignore your uneducated flaming post and live my life, but after this I have to say you are a complete Jackass!!!

You have gone from thinking OCer are "KOOKS" to Judging another member by his/her choice of handgun.

Have you ever been shot??? Do you have ant real life experience??

I was 18 when some banger on the southside of Chitcago wanted my Harley more then I did I guess. I am a big guy but I was unarmed because the Commie state of Illinois does not allow carry of any kind. I was sitting at the light when 2 of them got out of their car one held a small pistol at me while the other told me to get off the bike. I am pretty sure it was a 22 or 25 from the looks of the barrel but I really didn't want to find out.
    Any gun is better then no gun!!!!

A man who is trying to protect his family should not be critized by his choice of weapon, and by you doing just that you have reaffirmed my opinion of you!!

MODS***** Please do not delete or edit this post if I have to take a suspension for this I will.. To judge another man for his choice of weapon used to protect his family officially makes this poster a Jackass. Not every member here can afford a Glock or XD and should'nt have to be called out on his choice of firearm.****

Thank you Mike. I appreciate you having my back. I was going to call the gentleman in question a douchebag, but that got me in trouble before. What do you think of "Sir Massengil" instead? :cool:

I invite the poster in question to come break into my house any time he wishes, since my .380 is inadequate for protection, I am sure he will not mind 7rds of Powerball into his center mass.

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.8%
    80   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Goodness the OC people are so excitable. Make one little joke about raccoons and someone has a seizure.

Indyroadie, I forthwith apologize for hurting your feelings regarding your choice of firearm, I thought we were engaged in some good-natured banter. The Bersa is a fine piece of Argentinian craftsmanship, and I would be proud to own one myself. No seriously! Especially the two tone ones, very swanky!

Group hug?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Goodness the OC people are so excitable. Make one little joke about raccoons and someone has a seizure.

Indyroadie, I forthwith apologize for hurting your feelings regarding your choice of firearm, I thought we were engaged in some good-natured banter. The Bersa is a fine piece of Argentinian craftsmanship, and I would be proud to own one myself. No seriously! Especially the two tone ones, very swanky!

Group hug?

QFR :):

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Man this thread took off fast. Sorry about your bad experience Scutter. There have been many threads on opencarry.org about experiences just like yours. Usually the person calls or writes a letter to corporate. Corporate will contact the store and then everything will be okay for a while.

I'm guessing that whomever asked you to leave is new. Or the AP person is new and they are not clear on policy.

I understand you getting pissed and just leaving. If there is a "next time" and this happens again ask to speak to the manager. The manager may be aware of correct policy and educate the employee. If an employee is really freaking out you could put your firearm in the car then go back in to speak to manager.

Her saying "we shouldn't have to look at that" is hilarious.

Should have told her "then don't look". lol.

I wonder why the AP person sent a messenger instead of speaking to you personally? Maybe the employee was acting on their own.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I wonder why the AP person sent a messenger instead of speaking to you personally? Maybe the employee was acting on their own.

The AP is clearly a coward and can't deal with confrontation. She was not acting alone. She was clearly conferring with someone both before and after our exchange, although I never saw the person.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Group hug?

For the record, I did not report you, nor do I OC, nor am I "excitable". You chose to insult people on here for their method of carry, and for what they carry.

I apologize to Scutter for helping to run this thread off course.

Last edited:

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    The AP is clearly a coward and can't deal with confrontation. She was not acting alone. She was clearly conferring with someone both before and after our exchange, although I never saw the person.

She was not acting alone, like Lee Harvey Oswald....:D

Couldn't resist.

My only fear of the whole situation is that corporate may just change the policy and not allow it at all.

I highly doubt it as most places that sell firearms aren't too strict, but the possibility is always there.

I would think that if enough people were to call and complain, warranting a response, that they'd make damn certain that they get the word out to their employees (ALL of them) that carrying in their stores is flat out okay.

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    RE: Open carry at Hammond Cabela's
    To:
    Date: Mon Apr 20 11:25:04 2009
    *Attachments
    Bradley,

Yes, you can open carry pistols and
    revolvers in our stores as long as applicable laws allow open carry.

I’ve attached our official statement
    to that effect. I understand there have been some misunderstandings at
    individual stores and steps are being taken to straighten out the situation.

Thanks for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Joe

Joe Arterburn

Corporate
    Communications Manager

Cabela's Inc.

One Cabela Drive

Sidney , NE 69160

joe.arterburn@cabelas.com

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.8%
    80   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    For the record, I did not report you, nor do I OC, nor am I "excitable". You chose to insult people on here for their method of carry, and for what they carry.

I apologize to Scutter for helping to run this thread off course.

What? I apologize to you for hurting your feelings and you do not reciprocate by apologizing for indirectly calling me a douchebag and threatening to tickle my centermass with several rounds from your firearm?

Bad form Sir.... Bad form.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    What? I apologize to you for hurting your feelings and you do not reciprocate by apologizing for indirectly calling me a douchebag and threatening to tickle my centermass with several rounds from your firearm?

Bad form Sir.... Bad form.
    Apology? Where was that?
    We are all sorry you're acting like a jackass. Does that work for an apology to you? Now to find that "ignore" feature. Never used it yet, but it's pretty tempting when someone adds absolutely nothing of value.

Random thought: Wouldn't it be funny if the Mods had a "universal ignore" button that could be put on someone so they thought they were still posting on threads, but nobody else knew it or could see their posts? It would look normal to the ignored person, but they'd wonder why nobody ever replied to their posts. Wouldn't that be funny?

Anybody?

Anyone there?

Bueller?

awww crap.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom