• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So about those thousands of US soldiers we're sending to Africa to fight Ebola...

Starting to not make any sense. This is going to get worse, a hell of a lot worse, before it gets better.

And where are these 3000 soldiers from? Various states?

DanSwanky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Springfield
    So about those thousands of US soldiers we're sending to Africa to fight Ebola...

Starting to not make any sense. This is going to get worse, a hell of a lot worse, before it gets better.

I thought I read that new research put out by the CDC did suggest that shooting Ebola is the best way to contain it.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark

Of course it makes sense. If you're Obama, if you're government, and you want Ebola to spread in this country AND you hate the troops, what would you do to further that intent? It all makes perfect sense. It's just malevolence. Think like government: think evil and you will know what government intends.

[video=youtube;Iu_30-8ZlmQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_30-8ZlmQ[/video]

Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy
    Check the news everybody,
    Dallas health care worker tests positive for ebola,
    first known case of transmission in the US.

ETA:
    Sorry, I didn't notice that someone already posted this.....
    This is a pretty big deal IMO

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    You guys are being disingenuous. The soldiers are there to protect the healthcare workers and possibly prevent extremist groups from obtaining samples. The Obama administration just can't say that outloud since it doesn't fit their narrative. Think about it for more time than it takes to read the headlines. It is probably the right thing to do in the long run. Prayers for those deployed in all theaters.

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    Don't know where I came across this but it is a 209 page CDC document for "Infection control of viral haemorragic fevers" in the African healthcare setting. Published in 1998 but shows decent logical steps and directions on how decon would be set up etc. I have no idea how good the information is or even compares to currently updated studies so take it for what it's worth. The fact that it's from 98 may not mean anything because hey it could never happen here.

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/abroad/pdf/african-healthcare-setting-vhf.pdf

DanSwanky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Springfield
    I can't help but wonder what is going to happen in the coming months when thousands of people go to the minute clinics and the ER with the flu but will be positive that they have ebola and demand an isolation room that has Maury reruns on the tv.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I can't help but wonder what is going to happen in the coming months when thousands of people go to the minute clinics and the ER with the flu but will be positive that they have ebola and demand an isolation room that has Maury reruns on the tv.

That would be the most stupid thing you can do. If we are having continued Ebola cases, you DONT want to be hanging around healthcare facilities unless absolutely necessary, and know you are going to the right place for what you have.

That seems to me the biggest potential crisis with continued Ebola cases: it's flu season. Do you quarantine every suspect in one regional hospital, and risk exposing flu patient to Ebola?

As for the troops in Africa, if they are sending those with medical training and equipment, that have a chance of containing the virus, that's the best defense we have against it. However, my opinion on that shifted slightly today when I read that one area (I believe it was Sierra Leone) already has more cases than they can hospitalize and told people with Ebola to "stay home". Hopefully that was sensationalist reporting and not reality.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Something to watch this week. Sometime around noon on Monday at every hospital will have updated orders for ppe based on the nurse who was infected in Dallas. The supply chain is going to be pushed to the limit, and shortages will happen. It will take time to ramp up production and find new suppliers.

The waste generated from the last ebola patient filled a semi trailer and then some.

irishanimal917

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Something to watch this week. Sometime around noon on Monday at every hospital will have updated orders for ppe based on the nurse who was infected in Dallas. The supply chain is going to be pushed to the limit, and shortages will happen. It will take time to ramp up production and find new suppliers.

The waste generated from the last ebola patient filled a semi trailer and then some.

Apparently that supply chain has already been pushed to the limits...

I spoke with one of our Chief's this evening and they informed me that the ppe supply issue was already addressed with MESH here in Indianapolis during a meeting this past week. Not only are you correct in saying that it will be pushed to the limits you also hit the nail on the head as far as shortges.

According to "them" (MESH), when asked the question of why we do NOT have the necessary equipment distributed to Emergency Crews and in stock for resupply as the news clearly stated in a report this week to the public that Indianapolis Emergency Crews do, THEIR ANSWER WAS "A SIMPLE SHOULDER SHRUG AND DUNNO"?

They are behind the ball, watching it launch out of orbit on this issue. Again the news is distributing information to give people a false sense of security. We are not prepared and probably won't be for weeks and maybe even months by the time production catches up to supply and demand. I guess we'll all just have to hold our breath and wait and see in the coming weeks what comes down the pipe where this disease is concerned.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :popcorn:
    Late to this party but have been convcered about this since out started.
    We should have shut our borders to people coming from that infected area a long time ago

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    Transfer this same virus to a modern nation that understands how it works and how to avoid it, has top-notch medical care, and a strong desire to not contract it from others and this all becomes overblown paranoia. Watch and see, I'm very skeptical that we will even see a single case of an American contracting it ON American soil.

:popcorn:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dems went from “it’s fine, don’t panic” to “Republicans are to blame for Ebola” overnight. But pretend this wasn’t coordinated, Media.

http://twitchy.com/2014/10/13/sunda...-budget-cuts-have-prevented-an-ebola-vaccine/

Do you know what sorts of things actually might have taken money from Ebola research?

Solyndra
    Obamacare Website
    Studies on why lesbians are fat (this is a real thing)
    Obama's vacations
    Obama's fundraisers
    The Stimulus
    $424K why men don't like condoms
    $3.2M getting monkeys drunk
    $2M Russians getting drunk
    Study on duck penises

Also:

http://twitchy.com/2014/10/13/chris...tweet&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Sick%2BJoke.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics