• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    The nurse's infection is being widely blamed on a breach in protocol. Do we actually know this yet? I think at this point it's all speculation, isn't it? I have a very uneasy feeling that we're not being told the truth.

This whole show of taking passenger's temperature at airports seems ridiculous to me. It can be easily be defeated with Tylenol. On top of that, with the 3 week incubation period, anyone coming in can have it and not exhibit any symptoms at all when they get "screened". One thing is certain in my mind, if I was in Sierra Leone and felt sick, I would get my ass to the USA as fast as possible, no matter what.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    One thing is certain in my mind, if I was in Sierra Leone and felt sick, I would get my ass to the USA as fast as possible, no matter what.
    & if you were in one of those infected countries we should NOT let you in just yet!

We should do like we did back when the immigrants were coming to America via NYC. 21+ days on quarantine while we ensured you were not sick.
    Anyone attempting to come to the USA via those countries can only come in via certain areas (east/west coast) we put a ship out at sea and you wait 30 days on that ship. If you are not sick after that you can come in otherwise nope.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    & if you were in one of those infected countries we should NOT let you in just yet!

We should do like we did back when the immigrants were coming to America via NYC. 21+ days on quarantine while we ensured you were not sick.
    Anyone attempting to come to the USA via those countries can only come in via certain areas (east/west coast) we put a ship out at sea and you wait 30 days on that ship. If you are not sick after that you can come in otherwise nope.

I'm right there with ya, Jedi. Shut it down.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ebola an red meat?

My sister is all paranoid that she read on the internet :eyeroll: that you can get Ebola from eating red meat in which the cow had ebola.
    :facepalm: Really... Really....
    I'm looking online for the article she claims to have read but can't find anything.

DWS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    Sheridan
    My sister is all paranoid that she read on the internet :eyeroll: that you can get Ebola from eating red meat in which the cow had ebola.
    :facepalm: Really... Really....
    I'm looking online for the article she claims to have read but can't find anything.

Of course there is this...

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/pdf/bushmeat-and-ebola.pdf

Note: "Generally, Ebola is not spread by food; however, in Africa human infections have been associated with hunting, butchering, and processing meat from infected animals".

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Anyone else think its strange that all the alphabet agencies were stocking up on ammo and getting full auto weapons the last year or two and now this.
    The :tinfoil: crowd was spreading that FEMMA was loading up on body bags and now Ebola is spreading here from a "breach of protocol ".
    I'm not a big conspiracy theory guy but, umm sounds like a movie script.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Anyone else think its strange that all the alphabet agencies were stocking up on ammo and getting full auto weapons the last year or two and now this.
    The :tinfoil: crowd was spreading that FEMMA was loading up on body bags and now Ebola is spreading here from a "breach of protocol ".
    I'm not a big conspiracy theory guy but, umm sounds like a movie script.

Oh don't worry will just nuke the major cities. ;)

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    The roadmap to one billion infections is through India and then it explodes into Asia. Can the world keep that from happening?

It appears there is growing concern the outbreak is going to jump borders in Africa due to desparate people fleeing those countries and corrupt people taking bribes. I hope I am wrong.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Each day over the last week, 150 or more people come into the USA from those three countries. About 800 a day come in from the region. Imposing a travel ban based on those numbers is not really a big deal. Why won't we do it?

Even if that number is true (and I'm not sure that it is), we had roughly 3 months (July-September) with only 1 (known) patient getting in. So, if that rate holds, it will be a year before we get to 4.

Now, I'm not denying the "possibility" of more. Heck, there might be 3-4 (or more) here, now. Importantly, though, other population centers - Europe, S. America, Asia - have not reported an infections. Plus, the escapee outbreaks in Nigeria and Senegal have been controlled.

In this context, I am kinda a data guy. Let's make decisions based on available information, with some healthy skepticism.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The roadmap to one billion infections is through India and then it explodes into Asia. Can the world keep that from happening?

It appears there is growing concern the outbreak is going to jump borders in Africa due to desparate people fleeing those countries and corrupt people taking bribes. I hope I am wrong.

Sounds a lot like what was in the book world war z on how the infection spread and could not be controlled.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Just nuke it from orbit outs the only way to be sure.
    On a serious note is it not ironic that a simple virus which lacks intellegence can wipe out the most advanced life form, humans, off the planet.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom