• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    How often does one get to see one's favorite television show become real? Everyone who ever wanted a walk-on role in 'The Walking Dead,' congratulations and step right up, it will soon be your turn.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    By the way, for those following these things, here is a rough timeline:*

(Generally accepted that Duncan was exposed on Sept. 15.)
    Duncan symptomatic Sept. 24, in the hospital - Sept. 25 (first visit), Sept. 28 - Oct. 8 (when he died).
    -- symptomatic ~ 9 days after exposure.
    -- range from Sept. 28-Oct. 8 = 10 days.
    Nurse #1 symptomatic Oct. 10, diagnosed Oct. 11.
    -- symptomatic ~ 2-12 days after exposure.
    Nurse #2 symptomatic Oct. 14(?), diagnosed Oct. 15.
    -- symptomatic ~ 6-16 days after exposure.

Meanwhile, his family and friends were quarantined as of Sept. 30(?). So far, none have been described as symptomatic. They are at least 17 days post-exposure at this point, but no more than ~ 25 days.

* Would be VERY helpful if CDC clarified some of the possible exposure dates. They have to have a record of shifts worked that dealt with Duncan. Don't they?

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    How often does one get to see one's favorite television show become real? Everyone who ever wanted a walk-on role in 'The Walking Dead,' congratulations and step right up, it will soon be your turn.

I thinking about the FX series, 'The Strain'.;)

I watched the first episode of Walking Dead and knew I didn't have the time to devote to a series that was gonna be that addictive.

Meanwhile, his family and friends were quarantined as of Sept. 30(?). So far, none have been described as symptomatic. They are at least 17 days post-exposure at this point, but no more than ~ 25 days.

And since we all know it's an airborne virus at this point and it can be spread even with no symptoms present, and that CDC and WHO are just lying to us, they should all be dead. Why aren't they?:dunno:

Maybe they are all dead and that was what bunnysuited workers were carrying out of the apartment in trash bags.:ugh:

Last edited:

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I thinking about the FX series, 'The Strain'.;)

I watched the first episode of Walking Dead and knew I didn't have the time to devote to a series that was gonna be that addictive.

I actually tuned out long ago because of how soap-operaesque it became. Now I'm thinking it would make for great study on what to do. :popcorn:

We could have prevented this. There's no changing the channel now.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    And since we all know it's an airborne virus at this point and it can be spread even with no symptoms present, and that CDC and WHO are just lying to us, they should all be dead. Why aren't they?:dunno:
    Maybe they are all dead and that was what bunnysuited workers were carrying out of the apartment in trash bags.:ugh:

My INGO-spidey-sense detects purple, but I'm sorta not sure.... :D

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My INGO-spidey-sense detects purple, but I'm sorta not sure.... :D

I read it on INGO today, so I knows its troof.:ingo:

Well, the part about asymptomatic transfer and it's undoubtedly airborne nature.

The rest is just :tinfoil:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In West Africa, based on current numbers, the growth is no longer exponential - it has flattened out - but in the US, it is what it is.
    In west Africa, when they try to burn the bodies of the Ebola dead, their families attack the cremation workers. They're about to run out of places to store the dead. They're running out of even rudimentary PPE for healthcare workers. Once they run out of healthcare workers, the death rate's gonna skyrocket. Once the Ebola dead start just piling up for lack of anyone willing to even try to burn or bury them, the infection rate is gonna skyrocket. Who's on first. What's on second. A leads to B leads to C. Did you miss the prediction of 10,000 new cases per week by 2015. It's not flattening out. It's about to flatten us. And that's all assuming it's just bodily fluid transfer. If this bug is learning how to fly, this is gonna get a lot more interesting a lot sooner than 2015.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Did you miss the prediction of 10,000 new cases per week by 2015. It's not flattening out.
    haha

I did. :) But I also read where the WHO guy said the numbers are flatter, but their use of (WAG) multiples gets to 10k/week. To put that into perspective, there haven't even been 10k cases reported since this outbreak began.

I'm not saying it WON'T happen. I'm just saying that the reported statistics don't support that prediction. Yet.

If this bug is learning how to fly, this is gonna get a lot more interesting a lot sooner than 2015.
    Cannot disagree with that. If it makes that leap (pardon the pun?), people won't waste time keeping track of statistics.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Is that an implicit vote of no-confidence in the Dallas hospital's protocols?

About time they address this threat like the threat that it is... I think it was clear from the point that the hospital sent a person infected with Ebola back home with antibiotics that they shouldn't be granted any confidence from the public or CDC. They are either in denial about the seriousness or they are just plain ignorant of it... either way, they couldn't handle 1 patient, what makes us think they can handle Pham or Vinson?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ya know - this morning, they were all touting how Vinson was hospitalized within 90 minutes of having a fever. Now, we know that she had a fever the previous day.

The CDC and hospital just make blank up.

CDC: Woman with Ebola shouldn't have flown commercially - CNN.com
    Because she had helped care for Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan, and because another health worker who cared for Duncan had been diagnosed with Ebola, the worker was not allowed to travel on a commercial plane with other people, said Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
    The worker had a temperature of 99.5 Fahrenheit (37.5 Celsius) before she boarded her flight, he added.
    Health care workers who had been exposed to Duncan were undergoing self-monitoring. They were allowed to travel but not on a commercial plane with other people, Frieden said.

Oh... and... uh... this is actually a bit ominous:
    Moving forward, the CDC will ensure that no one else in such a situation travels outside of a closed environment, he said.

Wacky question - does CDC have a SWAT/ERT?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You would think that after the one nurse came down with it, the other staff would have been quarantined or at least put on home confinement. I simply can't imagine how she was flying across America...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Supposedly she flew out the same day the first nurse showed symptoms and a day before the diagnosis was confirmed. The flight back was after the diagnosis.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    but wait, we will contain it and no one else will catch it. 50+76+133 people potentially exposed (that we know of) to a deadly virus, and there is still no official boarder lock down or quarantine. Way to go team Obama. At this rate, there will be 10,000 cases here just in time for halloween.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    You would think that after the one nurse came down with it, the other staff would have been quarantined or at least put on home confinement. I simply can't imagine how she was flying across America...

Well...if you wanted to contain it...

:gaychase:

As opposed to watch it spread...

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    but wait, we will contain it and no one else will catch it. 50+76+133 people potentially exposed (that we know of) to a deadly virus, and there is still no official boarder lock down or quarantine. Way to go team Obama. At this rate, there will be 10,000 cases here just in time for halloween.

Just in time for folks to dress up as zombies and go door to door...

orangeITguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    The Heart
    With finding out that now a 2nd nurse has now contracted ebola I am now curious of why this has happened in the first place, did the nurses not follow proper protocol or is the hospital not enforcing proper protocol to protect their employees? This day and age this should not of happened esp since Ebola is not a airborne disease.

Top Bottom