• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think the first step in controlling this would be a media embargo. No reporting of new cases. Deny it is a problem. Blame other health problems. That will make it go away...

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry to hear he lost his life...
    This is gonna sound cold and cruel, but I'm not. If he had lived, he would have become a cause celebré for the ebola stricken of the world. "Look at the Americans! They have the magic ebola cure! Everyone infected with ebola, or who thinks they might be, let's flood their shores and borders and demand they give us their secret cure medicine!"

In fact, if we had succeeded in curing him, it would prolly have given rise to an urban legend that we caused ebola, since obviously none of our own would ever be seen dying of it. We can cure all of our own of it, so obviously we have the cure because every mad scientist developes the cure for their doomsday diseases in lock step with the disease itself. It's common knowledge.

Had he lived, it would also have caused a firestorm of controversy for the Dallas DA's office in terms of what to charge him with/try him for. There's still the issue of what his family might be charged with for refusing to stay in quarantine.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    City, IMHO.

If Indy gets an outbreak, I think it will mean that it has spread to a bunch of other cities first. Of course, I would not have predicted Dallas as the location of the initial outbreak, either.

Realistically, though, I think we'll get this one confined. I think.
    Indianapolis has a fair sized African population, and I know of several that travel back and forth relatively often. I don't see it as too far fetched that we don't have a case here sooner rather than later! That also doesn't take into account all our college populations and fall break!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    It's not racism, it's socioeconomic reality. If WASPy people from the Hamptons were the first to be infected with ebola, there would've been a vaccine before the second outbreak ever occurred. Big Pharma don't work for free.;)

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    It's not racism, it's socioeconomic reality. If WASPy people from the Hamptons were the first to be infected with ebola, there would've been a vaccine before the second outbreak ever occurred. Big Pharma don't work for free.;)

Hey, show me the money! Also, not our citizens. Like that silly #save our gurlz :poop: ... not our gurlz. Of course they don't get that being good world citizens and what not. Or maybe the just hate us...so, spend our money, bring the diseases here, set the jihadi's free.

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Officials to take temperature of travelers from Ebola-stricken countries at 5 US airports | Fox News

Not like many people come into the country from stricken areas. :rolleyes:

"Earnest said the five airports cover the destinations of 94 percent of the people who travel to the U.S. from the three heavily hit countries in West Africa -- Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea. He estimated that about 150 people would be checked a day under the new procedures."

And what good does it do to take their temperature? If they had done that to the guy that just died, he wouldn't have been running a fever and they would have let him in anyway. Just because they're not symptomatic when they arrive, doesn't mean they won't be the day after they step off the plane. :dunno:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Don't close the thread just yet - Another Ebola patient in Dallas, possibly

Breaking: New Ebola patient in Dallas? | Twitchy

Report by @NBCDFW that new suspected patient is a Dallas County Deputy Sheriff who served quarantine papers on Thomas Duncan's residence.

OH Snap, snap and more snap.

Also.... GPIA7R you are on twitter.... printcraft doesn't tweet but.... tell those fools that said patient zero died because of racism that printcraft says they can suck it.

Top Bottom