• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If you've ever wondered what a good, succinct example of "vicious cycle" is, try this:

"I need a raise because of inflation."

I get it...and that's what makes it a "vicious cycle".
    So if we can persuade everyone to never take a raise we can end this madness!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I've never had anyone other than me to negotiate for a wage and I feel like I've done OK in that regard. But then again, I get paid for what I do, not based on what 45,000 other people do.
    I am kinda a rare breed. I get paid for what I know and am capable of doing, but no one wants me to do anything. Customers certainly don't. How many people can say their boss has said they know it's a good day when they walk in and my feet are on the desk and I am reading the newspaper or watching TV? I can ;)

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I am kinda a rare breed. I get paid for what I know and am capable of doing, but no one wants me to do anything. Customers certainly don't. How many people can say their boss has said they know it's a good day when they walk in and my feet are on the desk and I am reading the newspaper or watching TV? I can ;)
    Haha, I get checks deposited a few times a month for doing whatever I want to do.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Bunch of communists hatin on the people who make too much money. I should start a thread on who gets paid exactly what they should. Be empty. Then start another on whose underpaid...be full!
    I make more now than I ever thought I would when I was working in the restaurant business, even when I was in management. I make less than a lot of the people I work with. I make more than a lot of the people I work with. I worked hard to get here and I still work hard. I really want for nothing at this point. I'm blessed. :thumbsup:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I make more now than I ever thought I would when I was working in the restaurant business, even when I was in management. I make less than a lot of the people I work with. I worked hard to get here and I still work hard. I really want for nothing at this point. I'm blessed. :thumbsup:
    Well other than wanting Creedmoors retirement checks and firecadets salary because they both seem huge....

I am pretty blessed too...don't tell anyone....I wanna keep my right **** and moan.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Couple of things. The argument that “until you do it you can’t talk about it” just doesn’t wash. Intelligent humans can have a legitimate argument about something that they may not do firsthand. Im not a border patrol agent but I can have a salient point on immigration. I’m not an accountant but I can have a legitimate point on tax policy. Same goes for unions.

But that still doesn't mean you know what you're talking about

Im not going to call you a communist because I don’t know you. But being a conservative in a union is a lot like being a civil rights activist in the kkk. It really doesn’t matter because the organization at large is the problem.

95 % of the union guys I've met in the last 20+ years of being in the union are conservatives

Like it or not automation is a fact of life. History is full of jobs that no longer exist because of advances in science and technology. That’s not corporate americas fault that’s just humanity’s progress.

Agreed, but from my understanding, the automated crains they are talking about are remote controlled, so you still need the operator. He'll be standing on the dock with the remote instead of sitting in the seat.

The irony you and your union brothers don’t realize is that every time you pull a stunt like this you are killing yourselves faster. Look at all of the grocery store strikes of the 1990s and now you might have 1 person working a register with everyone else in self checkout.

In the 20+ years I mentioned earlier I've never been involved in the strike

If you keep this up companies are just going to rip the bandaid off quicker.

Most utility contractors, and a lot of the bigger buildings require being a union company to do the work. Except cable TV, they'll hire anyone

I spaced my responses out, to hard to change response color on my phone
    It's in the quote

Last edited:

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    IT's union brainwashing that only unions can get you a good wage. Most union people I've known over the years weren't worth half of what they were paid.
    As stated before in the trades I deal with if you're a **** up or can't pass a drug test you're down the road. The gas industry is DOT regulated, I could be drug tested every other day if they wanted.
    Would you rather have some fly by night outfit where everyone shows up stoned putting in the gas main in front of your house or the service to your house? How about the oxygen lines in the hospital some dumb ass who was the lowest bidder, or someone whose trained and does the schooling when regulations change?

Top Bottom