• ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I'll try to be nice.
    Really tired of you non union ****heads calling me a communist because I work for a Union.
    In the industry I work in, and it goes for every company I've ever worked for, they all sign a contract with a utility company every couple of years. The price charged goes up every time, but it could be years before I get a raise.
    The crew size never changes, but the work load always goes up.
    They want me to do the job I'm trained on, plus they want me to do another job, then bitch because we're not getting enough done.
    Every construction trade I work with does not get paid holidays, paid vacation time, no sick days, if we rain out, we're out a day of pay.
    So if I make more than you think I should, maybe look at the whole picture.
    So until you do my UNION job and know what your talking about just STFU.
    End rant

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I'll try to be nice.
    Really tired of you non union ****heads calling me a communist because I work for a Union.
    In the industry I work in, and it goes for every company I've ever worked for, they all sign a contract with a utility company every couple of years. The price charged goes up every time, but it could be years before I get a raise.
    They want me to do the job I'm trained on, plus they want me to do another job, then bitch because we're not getting enough done.
    Every construction trade I work with does not get paid holidays, paid vacation time, no sick days, if we rain out, we're out a day of pay.
    End rant
    During my years paying dues we went 8 years, two contracts with zero money gained in our pockets. The next four years we got 50 cents in our pocket.
    Most haters here truly have no real concept of how most Unions really work. They have no concept of the work days and the week nights of going to school to earn your Mechanics Card.

Funny how in a right to work state like Indiana say a glass plant in Lapel that has 600 or so hourly workers. You get to choose wither or not you join and pay Union dues.
    Only 2 hourly workers decided to stay non union. Two.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Trump is right again. Make things in America. Then the effects of a dock strike becomes less critical.

Last edited:

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    During my years paying dues we went 8 years, two contracts with zero money gained in our pockets. The next four years we got 50 cents in our pocket.
    Most haters here truly have no real concept of how most Unions really work. They have no concept of the work days and the week nights of going to school to earn your Mechanics Card.
    I believe most here would be OK with that, probably even more of a pay increase!

I'm not OK with the jackwagons striking and "holding the country" hostage over not agreeing to a 50% pay raise.

That's the union most of America sees right now, so until your union brethren knock off this BS, I'll stand by what I said.
    I'll try to be nice.
    End rant
    Not once did I call you a communist, not sure how you guys do that stuff, it rains and you don't get paid.

I get paid rain or shine, over 5 weeks paid time off a year (not including sick time), 401k match with immediate vesting, etc. Were discussing apples and oranges here...

But when unions strike over a 50% pay increase, F 'em.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The average striking dock worker makes $145K a year and gets an additional $35K in benefits. Good for them.

I would be much more sympathetic to their cause if they didn't work in the industry that provides the absolute worst customer service on earth.

If you've ever dealt with international shipping, their motto is basically, yeah, we have your s**t, you'll get it when you get it, now f**k off.

Bring on the robots. :coffee:

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    No difference, Union President's are tasked with not just getting his workers a better income "Profit" but a better life and a better working environment for the membership.
    Apples and oranges cowboy.
    I've been on both sides of the bargaining table
    ( CWA 2252 ), I've seen how union operate
    I've seen how they protect the incompetent and donate heavily to liberal/democrat candidates.
    Unions have outlived their times.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I've seen how they protect the incompetent and donate heavily to liberal/democrat candidates.
    So all Unions work that way.... LOL

If the companydoesn't fire worthless employees that's poor company management not a bad Union.
    The Union represents all members in good standing.
    I saw more than a few problems leave our Union.
    The one you joined worked that way, Skilled Trade Unions don't work that way.
    We had the option if any of our money was given to any political party.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Wrong
    The trade unions I work with, if you're a piece of crap you're down the road, and I get to select if any of MY money gets donated. Not saying that the international doesn't donate but it's not MY money.

Top Bottom