• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Across the industry, including in nonunion jobs, pay for some dockworkers can be far more modest at around $53,000 a year, according to job site Indeed

Looks like there is value in being union.

STAGE 2

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 26, 2019
    Fishers
    I'll try to be nice.
    Really tired of you non union ****heads calling me a communist because I work for a Union.
    In the industry I work in, and it goes for every company I've ever worked for, they all sign a contract with a utility company every couple of years. The price charged goes up every time, but it could be years before I get a raise.
    The crew size never changes, but the work load always goes up.
    They want me to do the job I'm trained on, plus they want me to do another job, then bitch because we're not getting enough done.
    Every construction trade I work with does not get paid holidays, paid vacation time, no sick days, if we rain out, we're out a day of pay.
    So if I make more than you think I should, maybe look at the whole picture.
    So until you do my UNION job and know what your talking about just STFU.
    End rant
    Couple of things. The argument that “until you do it you can’t talk about it” just doesn’t wash. Intelligent humans can have a legitimate argument about something that they may not do firsthand. Im not a border patrol agent but I can have a salient point on immigration. I’m not an accountant but I can have a legitimate point on tax policy. Same goes for unions.

Im not going to call you a communist because I don’t know you. But being a conservative in a union is a lot like being a civil rights activist in the kkk. It really doesn’t matter because the organization at large is the problem.

Like it or not automation is a fact of life. History is full of jobs that no longer exist because of advances in science and technology. That’s not corporate americas fault that’s just humanity’s progress.

The irony you and your union brothers don’t realize is that every time you pull a stunt like this you are killing yourselves faster. Look at all of the grocery store strikes of the 1990s and now you might have 1 person working a register with everyone else in self checkout.

If you keep this up companies are just going to rip the bandaid off quicker.

Top Bottom