• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Loaded language not expressing the reality. Paint yourself into the corner where everyone hates everyone and nobody is right enough. Won't solve the problem. Won't improve the country. Is counterproductive at best. Unions were useful and possibly necessary when the railroads safety practices were killing 4 or 5 people a day.. Now they're just an exercise of power and greed and the leadership is at least as corrupt as Hunter Biden.

We're all crabs in a bucket when the unions take over. Nobody allowed to do anything outside the rules of the union. Nobody allowed to go out on their own and really make things better. Oh no! That would affect the communist rank and file who won't work that hard and excel. Who just want a protected job with a guaranteed wage that they don't have to really perform to achieve. Show up, do the minimum, maybe have somebody else clock you in and out when you don't feel like showing up. Funk that.
    You certainly have a convoluted though of most Union Workers.

Not many non union companies have pensions for the hourly workers any longer. Ever ask yourself why that is?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Happy that you got yours. Could it be that it was at the expense of others? And you'll need to explain that 112% growth rate in terms we can all understand. 112% ? Methinks someone's forecast might be too rosy to prove. Only thing I've seen grow at that rate lately is Nancy Pelosi's insider trading and possibly AI stocks.
    Expense to whom?

Explained, money invested in our retirement accounts. It's not what interest it's making, it what our entire assets are growing at each year with money being put in my those still working and money going out with those that earned retirement and disability monthly checks.

In essence our money is in excellent shape for now and the future for those just starting in the trade.

All of this is public information that's available on the internet.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    So you’d rather see some haitians run the docks for minimum wage so you can get your cheap Chinese crap? Got it!
    I'd rather see the people who comprise the union make reasonable demands. 77% increase over what, 7 years? Plus no automation. And they already make upwards of 250K! Very presumptuous of you to state I buy Chinese crap. You don't know squat about me!
    The crazy demands of the liberal/ democratic unions have caused more harm than good. Lost more jobs that have been gained genius.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I thought i saw a post somewhere making $250,000.

That's a big difference from 39$/hr.
    $39/ hour base pay. Does not include incentives, OT or holiday pay. Base pay at $82k, add in OT for 20 hours (5-12’s) and work 5 holidays for double time and a half and you’re pushing 200k

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    $39/ hour base pay. Does not include incentives, OT or holiday pay. Base pay at $82k, add in OT for 20 hours (5-12’s) and work 5 holidays for double time and a half and you’re pushing 200k
    I don't count OT in my base pay. I am pretty sure not everyone wants to put their body through that much stress either.

Top Bottom