• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jason conley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    WEST SIDE OF INDY
    I was practicing speed reloads with my 625 smith&wesson I knew I had live rounds in the gun but my finger didn't I guess it was muscle memory. Boom the gun went off going threw the light bulb on the lamp I was using for a target. Three walls later, and a tiled shower it hit my gunsafe of all things and stopped. Like I said I knew it was loaded and for some reason II just pulled the trigger. Moral of the story buy more than one pack of snap caps for indoor practice.

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    We had a Russian exchange student when I was 13, took him up to our condo in Northern Michigan and decided to do some shooting. He couldn't stand the recoil of a 12 Gauge Remington 1100 so he decided to take empty cardboard ammo boxes and put them between the butt and his shoulder. We all stood there telling him that wasn't a good idea, and he didn't listen! Non of us could understand what he was saying after he shot, since we didn't speak Russian but it didn't sound good...lol That bruise lasted a long time!

If he thought a REM 1100 kicked. i've got a couple that'd kill him lol :ar15:

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Back when I was around 10 year old, I shot and killed a Robin.

Not only was it dumb, it was stupid and a bad thing to do. I'll remember that day for the rest of my life.

I had the same experience. I had gotten a BB gun for Christmas and shot one in the front yard. Ive always regretted it and Ill never forget it either. Ive never been able to bring myself to shoot another animal since.

dispatch765

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Brown County
    Used to have a G22 (yes, used to...still kicking myself for getting rid of it). I tried to teach my dad how to shoot a semiauto. A little background on my dad: My dad is oldschool diehard revolver kinda guy. He shoots two handed and crosses his thumbs behind the hammer. Well....He tried to do the same with my Glock. Before I could correct him he squeezed the trigger. When the slide came back it skinned the top of his thumb knuckle. He only shot once and has refused to shoot an auto since.

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    36   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    went to local gun shop(20 yrs ago ) worked a deal pending my gun was what i said and only had about an hour to get back with it!?? so i was in a rush hurried in the house grabbed hard case and all with out checking to see if it was loaded ! made it back in time.Handed the gun across the counter to the owner ! when he checked it !! yep you guessed it ! all six in cylinder .I was so embarrased!

Last edited:

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Wow..where should I start? Ok, when I was about 12 or 13 Mom and Dad left me home alone for the first time while they ran to town. I knew we kept a 22 rifle in a closet and I also knew where Dad had the ammo hidden. I loaded up, fired a couple shots outside the back door (we lived out in the sticks) and carried it back inside to put it away. Of course, I forgot to make sure it was empty and ended up shooting a hole in our kitchen floor. Next was when I was about 16 and hunting with 3 of my friends. There was two of us on each side of a small patch of plowed cornfield, maybe 150 yds wide. The guys on the other side jumped a couple of quail and fired. Next thing we knew, 20 ga pellets were raining down on us. Naturally we fired up in the air several times causing pellets to rain down on our buddies as well. Between the 4 of us we must have fired 50 rounds. Lucky we weren't injured. But the worst was when I was about 21 and CC'ing while working as a furniture mover. I was carrying a Colt Combat Commander in a Safariland shoulder rig, underneath a light windbreaker. As I was carrying a large box into the customers house, the Colt worked loose and dropped to the floor. I was able to retrieve it as the lady had her back turned. I must have looked pretty shook up because she asked me why I was redfaced and sweating. She was nice enough to make me take a break and offer me some ice tea though.
    But the absolute worst and dumbest thing I've ever done with a gun is to sell one (not trades, they're OK.)

rcrocket

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    South Side Indy
    I was in the woods shooting and my friend had an old old greman gun, when I loaded a bullet in the barrel it automatically went off! Luckily it was pointed towards the ground, sure makes me think everytime a load a gun now.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    In homage to the "Dumbest things you have said" thread, I give you the:

Dumbest thing you have DONE with a gun, thread.

I will start. Today, I had to answer the call of nature. Hate public bathrooms, but I had no choice, know what I mean?

So I stand up, hike up my pants. just about as they get near my waist..

Well, let's just say the Bersa does NOT fire when dropped a couple feet onto tile :ugh:

I thought you were going to say that you dropped it in the toilet. :D

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    One time I was heading to the range to go shooting. I put five cased handguns in a large plastic tote along with ammo, and threw it in the back of my truck. I didn't put the tailgate up, and was halfway to the range before my son asked me "Daddy, why is your tailgate down?". I freaked out and stopped on the side of the road. Thankfully, the guns were still there, barely on the back of the tailgate. That could have been a disaster.

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    one time a friend shooting for the first time...and really enjoying it, fired a few rounds into a stuffed animal then looked over at us all gleefully, while limply holding the gun finger on the trigger, round chambered aiming at my face...and in disbelief i just stood there like an idiot for about 4 seconds before diving out of the way...we chewed her out pretty good, and laugh about it every once in a while

hmm dumbest thing Ive ever done, absentmindedly cocking, dry firing, a handgun while talking on the phone then taking a loaded clip and putting a round in the chamber..i immediately realized the horror about to happen and emptied it

owning guns has been a constant educational experience, i look back at so many things and just think... wow that was dumb, really dumb!

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    This happened just recently. I was at Bass pro shop and was talking to the guy behind the counter. I was looking for my first pistol, only have and used revolvers before. The guy there was really great, showing me all different brands field stripping them down with me and showing me what to clean and what not. So were there with the last gun hes showing me, a sig P226 ( the one I ended up buying). He feild strips it one handed with his left hand( he was right handed). puts it back together. Hands it to me and says ok now you do it. I start to slide the rack back (while looking at him, and not paying attention) had my hand in the wrong postition and bam, it slid out of my right hand and my left index fingure was bit. Not wanting to look like a total _________(fill in the blank), I wrapped my finger in my shirt near my pocket, for 5 minutes occasionaly checking(cause it kept bleeding). As I left the store with my new sig I looked at my finger and then looked at my finger 2 holes and blood stained. Then I looked at my shirt and there was a blood stained circle the size of a silver dollar.

The guy behind the counter must of seen it, but he never lost his cool and started laughing, so mabe he didnt see it. I fell in love with the gun and figured I had to buy it, I mean come on, It even gave me a little love bite. I wanted to post this earlier right after it happened, but was too embarressed. Then figured whats life with out a little embaressment.

Top Bottom