• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    A whole lot younger and a heck of a lot dumber ago.....I bought a beat up Mossberg 500, 18 1/2 barrel, Pistol grip. Thought it was the coolest thing. I went to the old railroad gulley where we used to shoot.
    Held it up to shoot it one handed and pulled the trigger. Lets say I lauched the gun right into the swamp. Could not find it for hours.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    OK, time to resurrect this thread. lol
    Went to the corner store with my wife last nite. Grabbed the gun, forgot my wallet, and therefore my permit....DOH!

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Was cleaning my Lorcin 9mm (1st gun long time ago from Don's...ehhh). I was in my apt in college and was talking to a girl on the phone at the same time. While talking on the phone I put it back together and at some point inserted the clip and chambered it. I remember twirling the gun around and just messing around while chatting away (not thinking that it was loaded) and pulled the trigger...BOOM!!!!

Dropped the phone and tried to figure out what happend and noticed I blew a whole in the floor. The bullet bounced off the floor into the bathroom and took out some of the tiling above the tub. Despite the fact of how absolutely retarded everything I did leading up to that moment was, I was also surprised that my roomate who was in the living room never came to see what happen, what the noise was, made sure I was ok or nothing...crazy.

Lets just say im alot safer with fire arms now

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    Worst thing I ever did was leave a pistol stashed in my computer desk. It was tucked behind the keyboard tray. I had there for quick access. Well, one of my friends was fearful of someone who was threatening them and had seen it there apparently, one day when he was on my computer (no idea how he spotted it as you couldn't see it unless you were knee level). Anyhow he took it. If he had done something stupid, it would have been my fault for giving him access.

Now I make sure that IF i have discreet items, they are REALLY discreet.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Shot a spring from a Glock 19 across the sales floor at Galyan's reassembling the pistol for a customer who wanted to see how they broke down.

Fortunately I missed the customer with my launch.:D

nalees

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    I just remembered that when I was younger, maybe 12-13, I was out in the front yard with my BB gun "hunting" birds when I heard a car coming down the road. (My parents live out in the country) Well I whipped around and pulled the trigger and I hear the distinct sound of metal hitting metal as the car drove by... What a dumb idea, but I didn't let logic rule on that one.. I never thought I would hit it cause I was probably 100 yards away from the road.

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    Was cleaning my Lorcin 9mm (1st gun long time ago from Don's...ehhh). I was in my apt in college and was talking to a girl on the phone at the same time. While talking on the phone I put it back together and at some point inserted the clip and chambered it. I remember twirling the gun around and just messing around while chatting away (not thinking that it was loaded) and pulled the trigger...BOOM!!!!

Dropped the phone and tried to figure out what happend and noticed I blew a whole in the floor. The bullet bounced off the floor into the bathroom and took out some of the tiling above the tub. Despite the fact of how absolutely retarded everything I did leading up to that moment was, I was also surprised that my roomate who was in the living room never came to see what happen, what the noise was, made sure I was ok or nothing...crazy.

Lets just say im alot safer with fire arms now

So, like, what happened to the girl on the phone? :shoot:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I was showing a friend how to field strip a Glock at Atterbury. I Went through the procedure "drop the mag, check, check and recheck the chamber, point in safe direction, dry fire". Well, when I squeezed the slide back to flip the takedown levers I went too far and reset the trigger. I again pointed down range and dry fired which sent the slide a few feet over the firing line into the dirt where it sat until the next cease fire.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    I had the same experience. I had gotten a BB gun for Christmas and shot one in the front yard. Ive always regretted it and Ill never forget it either. Ive never been able to bring myself to shoot another animal since.

lizard for me. ill never shoot something that I'm not going to eat. havent even done that yet.

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    dumb stuff

take one colt .44 anacoda 6" revolver. charge 6 cases with ---- grains of clays powder and seat a 240 xtp. go to shooting range and pull the trigger on the most powerful round of 44 mag that you have ever shot. your buddy gives you a look like what the ---- was that. decided well i still had 5 more so why not. had to go home and get a wooden mallet so i could eject the cases. checked the powder charge and had it confused with a different powder. wasnt a double charge but not far from it. traded the gun off at the indy 1500. now everyone go check your colts and wonder if
    if its yours:D

Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Carried CCW in OH before they even had CCW. Didn't get caught.

Took apart an old air pistol at MCFG and left a spring retainer in the lawn.

Bought a cheapie airsoft pistol from the guy at the 1500 with the big airsoft/crossbow/taser table. Broke off the feed ramp on the first cock of the action.

Not a disaster, but I wish I'd started collecting milsurp long guns years ago, when Mosins were $50 and you could put together a FAL for under $400.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Put an idiot scratch on the finish of my first 1911. I was having trouble getting the take down lever/slide catch back into place during reassembly. After a year or so, now I am sending it to get Cerekote. I still feel stupid and embarrassed for that mistake.

Top Bottom