Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Live fire tonight. Ran the 3x2 live for times. I had the hits every single time. 2.05, 2.06, 2.31 and 2.00 were the times. Struggled with the shirt on the one.
    Shot 300 rounds through the 2 Limited guns. worked on moving into position and shooting hard cover targets and distant steel. Went pretty well. 10 unloaded table starts at 7 yards. Ranged from 2.31 on slow end to 1.79 on the fast end. No mikes.

I lost to Royce in an apple shooting contest with the AR. It went to the third round and he won on a technicality. But it was a win. The little bastard ate three quarter pounders on the way home right in front of me. The kid is really starting to be interesting.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Live fire tonight. Ran the 3x2 live for times. I had the hits every single time. 2.05, 2.06, 2.31 and 2.00 were the times. Struggled with the shirt on the one.
    Shot 300 rounds through the 2 Limited guns. worked on moving into position and shooting hard cover targets and distant steel. Went pretty well. 10 unloaded table starts at 7 yards. Ranged from 2.31 on slow end to 1.79 on the fast end. No mikes.

I lost to Royce in an apple shooting contest with the AR. It went to the third round and he won on a technicality. But it was a win. The little bastard ate three quarter pounders on the way home right in front of me. The kid is really starting to be interesting.

Time to move him up to the double quarter pounders.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Live fire tonight. Due to the shortage of daylight hours I didn't do the usual accuracy work at the beginning.

2 at 25
    Loaded table starts
    Unloaded table starts
    2R2
    Movement into and out of positions
    One hole drill.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Having walked the stages for the Indiana Section match tonight. Cedartop should win B Class in Carry Optics. If he does not he is under-achieving. I will help him with stage break down if he asks nicely.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Having walked the stages for the Indiana Section match tonight. Cedartop should win B Class in Carry Optics. If he does not he is under-achieving. I will help him with stage break down if he asks nicely.

Maybe I will help him.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Took a look at the video that I have from the match. I understand all of the ugly now. I had a huge ammo issue. It can be seen at the end of the video. The match starts at the loading bench and I screw the pooch there. Cost me big. 4 mikes and a FTE. I had a series of stages with lots of alphas and a mike. Looking at the video I pulled off a number of times. It is obvious when you know where the mikes were. I hope that can be fixed in the next two weeks. I plan to load nationals ammo this week as well and I know I can fix that problem. It is embarrassing to have done so poorly. I feel better today after looking at the video because I at least know what was wrong. Driving home Saturday evening I did not.

I also did not bounce back mentally very well after trashing the very first stage.

[video=youtube;Yhxb_L0vIjE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhxb_L0vIjE[/video]

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I was pretty happy with my match performance
    I would like to shoot Bay 5 again.
    I couldn't decide on a plan and never did. Lesson learned again.
    I have cut way back on the dryfire. The horrible mess that was the last Riley match had me ready to give it up entirely.
    I'm now thinking the issue has more to do with balancing the dryfire practice with live fire.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Looking for positives from the state match:
    I did not have a miss on a Tuxedo target. No extra shots on them either. I am not sure that has happened before.
    One small popper kicked my ass but I handled the rest ok or even decent.
    Have the ammo for nationals loaded and ready with no chance of a repeat from the state match fiasco.
    Shot the right side of stage 4 very well.

Went to Riley after school today. Spent the time shooting swingers and small steel. Worked a few different arrays trying to hit small steel between the activator steel and the swinger. Some good some not. Was trying to just call shots and let the front sight set the tempo. Got some good reps in on this. Did some unloaded table starts. Also worked on some 8 shot paper arrays and not pulling off while doing it.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    https://www.practiscore.com/results/new/67259

For the record: When you cut the living **** out of your finger on a pepper popper at the range on Tuesday. The scabs will come off while shooting on Wednesday and bleed like a SOB. You can still win that stage and the match.

Between the unloaded starts and the evil pepper poppers I'm thinking investment in kevlar gloves might be prudent.;)

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    The plan for thus evening was some steel challenge banner work.
    The cooler Temps and long break had me looking forward to it.
    Got distracted by a PCV valve that is located in a place that no PCV valve should be.
    Now I'm out picking up dinner.
    It is difficult to resume routines once they have been abandoned.
    I may get it in yet

Top Bottom