• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    According to today's Star, the cop is on desk duty now. Any other citizen would have gone straight to jail. He should have been immediately terminated. The paper said officers get a 30 day suspension for the first offense and terminated the second. I should become a Leo so I can be a super citizen.

You have got to be kidding me.:xmad:

Do you have a link to this, by any chance?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    According to today's Star, the cop is on desk duty now. Any other citizen would have gone straight to jail. He should have been immediately terminated. The paper said officers get a 30 day suspension for the first offense and terminated the second. I should become a Leo so I can be a super citizen.

He is not on desk duty. A warrant was issued for his arrest this afternoon and he turned himself in at the processing center around 4:30pm. He bonded out shortly after. He has more than likely been suspended without pay, pending termination.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    A truck driver driving his car and blowing a .05 will immediately end his truck driving career to my understanding.

I wonder if this cop was given a breathalyzer on the scene. I can't believe him getting paid still would even be in question.

The article said his bail would be $10k. Is that normal for a fatal DUI charge? That seems awfully low to me. Having never had a DUI, I don't know what normal bail is.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i think the mayor would be retarded if he didnt call for an outside investigation on this. the longer he waits the more the peope will suspect a coverup. im sure he wants to be the first to know if there was a coverup, how deap it went, but in this case i think its gonna be very damaging politicaly for him to keep it under IMPD. No way should ANY organization ever investigate itself. Its a conflict of intrest.

antdog/zook

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    first let me say prayers sent to families and friends of the victoms. r.i.p. sad to hear about this of a fellow rider, lost quite a few this summer so far.

ignition locks on citizens cars for breath test? partial loss of job security? how often do leo's get urine screens? how long do they have to report to pricinct or whatever to have them? is there any "heads up" there will be a random next tue....for instance?

most would like to think the leo will do some longterm sentence, amazing what a good lawyer and money can do! i lost my roomate and his girlfriend that were riding and drunk driver turned right into them, killing them both. both attended butler university at the time. he fled the scene, other bikes chased him, he decided to come back to the accident and try to blend in. the guy that killed them had previous drinking and driving incidents, even before he was 21. he bailed out, and even came to a pretrial court under the influence. "when does this get serious enough to lock him down for 20-30 years?" his parents mortgaged everything they had, with the best lawyer in town, and the kid did 2 1/2 years for killing 2 people. this was a cut and dry conviction, but the money and the lawyer got him off easy! he has been seen in broad ripple stumbling drunk since his release......wonder if he drives himself home? im sure he does! wonder if he thinks about dj and carrie as he gets ripped? or wonders about how many lives he changed with his drunk decision making that night? probably not.....i have lost faith in system over this incident, let alone all the other things going on right now.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I didn't realize he had his canine in the car with him, does anyone know if the dog got hurt?

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    The dog is fine.

Police get random drug screens all the time. You get a page that says "be here in 20 minutes" and that's it you don't have an option. The tests are very random. You also take a lie detector before you are hired, and during the job once a year if you come in contact with large sums of money or drugs (vice/narcotics/etc).

10k for a dui w/sbi isn't that odd. The APC has released murderers with 0 bail before (yikes!). First offenses for anything generally get a low bond.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Im curious.

Tonight on Fox59, I heard that he was not tested at the scene, but hours later, through blood; Which he was then tested to be over the limit.

Prior to the test, no officer reported knowing of any signs of him being drunk.

Is it possible he drunk after the wreck?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Im curious.

Tonight on Fox59, I heard that he was not tested at the scene, but hours later, through blood; Which he was then tested to be over the limit.

He still would have been on duty, correct?

If you get hurt at my factory, you get a **** and blood test before they ever stitch you up.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Im curious.

I wasn't there so obviously I can't say 100% but I think I can say 99.999% that no......he did not drink after the wreck, he would have been surrounded by all kinds of brass given the nature.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I wasn't there so obviously I can't say 100% but I think I can say 99.999% that no......he did not drink after the wreck, he would have been surrounded by all kinds of brass given the nature.

Kind of what I was thinking. If his shift was over an hour after the incident, I doubt he would have been allowed to leave.

1032JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm going to throw something out here for some to think about. This does not remove any of my opinions as what he did was wrong and he will be punished for that so please don't think I am standing up for him.

everyone is thinking he was drinking on duty.....honestley I doubt he was. If I had to hazard a guess I would venture to say he was drinking the night before and got really trashed and then went to work the next day and the alcohol was still in his system.

Again......that scenario does not make anything right.......the facts are still the facts.

1032JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    How drunk would you have to get to sleep it off and still blow a .19? What time did the wreck occur?

Thst would depend on what time he quit drinking and how much he drank. I don't have the jail "alcohol free time" list in front of me but if I remeber correctly if you blew a .25 or above you are looking at at least 12 hours before you would be alcohol free. I know I have jailed people at 5-6am on their way home that went in the high 2's and into the 3's so I don't think it would be a stretch to say they could have still been a .19 5-6 hours later. If I remember correctly the wreck was around 1130am

Again......this was and is just a thought to think about, not facts by any stretch and DOES NOT absolve him of any responsibility legally or in my mind.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm going to throw something out here for some to think about. This does not remove any of my opinions as what he did was wrong and he will be punished for that so please don't think I am standing up for him.

everyone is thinking he was drinking on duty.....honestley I doubt he was. If I had to hazard a guess I would venture to say he was drinking the night before and got really trashed and then went to work the next day and the alcohol was still in his system.

Again......that scenario does not make anything right.......the facts are still the facts.

I've got a question if anyone knows. Was he on duty for a regular shift, or was he called in because he was a k-9 unit?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom