• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    What a tradgedy. I would have no problem seeing a DUI fatality become 2nd degree murder, choosing to get drunk then get behind the wheel is choosing to gamble with every life out there on the road. LEO or civilian, crack down and crack down hard; it's not an "accident, it's a choice to disregard the lives of everyone else. There are families out there who will never be the same.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    What a tradgedy. I would have no problem seeing a DUI fatality become 2nd degree murder, choosing to get drunk then get behind the wheel is choosing to gamble with every life out there on the road. LEO or civilian, crack down and crack down hard; it's not an "accident, it's a choice to disregard the lives of everyone else. There are families out there who will never be the same.

What would a guy be charged with if he were doing a drive by shooting into random houses and happen to kill someone? How is drinking and driving any different than that? Just curious if the charges would be the same.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I just hope nobody would even try. The fact that his blood showed that he was drunk on duty is inexcusable. There's nothing else I even need to know as long as that fact is verified.

If I read the statutes incorrectly, I apologize. I do think it's awfully strange that one's conduct could violate multiple statutes, and they're only prosecuted under one. If that's the case, that's really a shame.

Well, I'm really surprised that you haven't said that the officer is innocent until proven guilty and should have his day in court and should find an attorney that will defend him to the utmost.:rolleyes:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Well, I'm really surprised that you haven't said that the officer is innocent until proven guilty and should have his day in court and should find an attorney that will defend him to the utmost.:rolleyes:

Well, I know what you mean and I agree, but.........
    there's always a butt......
    everyone is entitled to a defense and it is the job of an attorney to be the best advocate for their client.
    That's our system. Never stated perfection but it is what it is.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I have to wonder why he still hasn't been arrested and processed. Most of us would have have already had to go through with it. And maybe we would have even been able to make bail.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    In my opinion this guy is not going to get treated like a non-Leo, they are going to keep is as "hush hush" as possible, because honestly it does look very bad for the department and the other officers that don't drink or drive drunk on duty, not that drinking and driving off duty is exceptable either. hopefully he will get punished like a non Leo would, but if My accusations are right he probably won't. I also think that it is going to be harder to keep It quiet with Leo's being in the spotlight a bit more, but they will still try to. I don't think the system is corrupt.....

Last edited:

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Having had too many friends and family killed by drunk drivers, it is just premeditated murder. You CHOSE to put yourself in a situation that has a high likelihood of causing an accident and a pretty good chance of killing someone. By choice.

I am also amazed that he is not yet in jail, unless he is out on some type of bail. 0.19 BAC with a death. Who non-LEO would be free? Is that normal in a civilian case like this?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Drinking on the job while you are supposed to be protecting the citizens is a disgrace to his uniform and what he is supposed to represent. He has had 7 accidents since 2002 and now this one which killed an innocent person. I think it is hammer time on him as like with anyone else who commited the same crime. He should not get any favors or special treatment or any reduced charges. He is a criminal just like you or I if we did this. I think his bail is very cheap for wreckless homicide. Let's see how it all comes out. I am glad he is off the streets now.

Prayers sent to the victims family. What a terrible needless tragedy

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Drinking on the job while you are supposed to be protecting the citizens is a disgrace to his uniform and what he is supposed to represent. He has had 7 accidents since 2002 and now this one which killed an innocent person. I think it is hammer time on him as like with anyone else who commited the same crime. He should not get any favors or special treatment or any reduced charges. He is a criminal just like you or I if we did this. I think his bail is very cheap for wreckless homicide. Let's see how it all comes out. I am glad he is off the streets now.

Prayers sent to the victims family. What a terrible needless tragedy

I agree with you that it is a disgrace and have already said as much. As far as accident's, don't let that sway your thought process. I have been a cop for 12 years and have wrecked my fair share of cars. A couple were my fault, some I got hit, and the others were purposefull acts by me. The only wreck that matters in this case is the one in question.

:patriot:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I agree with you that it is a disgrace and have already said as much. As far as accident's, don't let that sway your thought process. I have been a cop for 12 years and have wrecked my fair share of cars. A couple were my fault, some I got hit, and the others were purposefull acts by me. The only wreck that matters in this case is the one in question.

Yes, we'd need more detailed info on this guy's previous wrecks to be able to hold them against him. Were they pit maneuvers to stop bad guys or were they random single vehicle accidents with no apparent cause?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Yes, we'd need more detailed info on this guy's previous wrecks to be able to hold them against him. Were they pit maneuvers to stop bad guys or were they random single vehicle accidents with no apparent cause?

I believe last night they said he had 5. 2 were for running into fences, 3 were chase related.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i just wonder why they waited 2 hours to do a blood test? also, why was he running lights and 65mph to serve a warrant? even if he was sober that in itself seems reckless to be driving 65mph on a city street for any run? especialy through an intersection where emergency vehicles are supposed to yeild and even stop in some cases. im not trying to cop bash here, im just asking questions that i would like answered. if theres a good answer then fine, but if not then i think theres some policies that need reviewed also. 2cents

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I watched the news conference with Brizzi that was on at 4pm.

Who was the female reporter that he humiliated for asking stupid questions?

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    i just wonder why they waited 2 hours to do a blood test? also, why was he running lights and 65mph to serve a warrant? even if he was sober that in itself seems reckless to be driving 65mph on a city street for any run? especialy through an intersection where emergency vehicles are supposed to yeild and even stop in some cases. im not trying to cop bash here, im just asking questions that i would like answered. if theres a good answer then fine, but if not then i think theres some policies that need reviewed also. 2cents

Indiana State Law says we must have the certified test within 3 hours of operation. I routinely have OWI cases that push that 3 hour window so 2 hours is not out of the norm. Also with blood they can calculate back to the time of operation if needed but they normally only do that in cases where the blood was taken at that 3 hour mark and it comes back an .07 or below. Hope that helps you understand that part.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Indiana State Law says we must have the certified test within 3 hours of operation. I routinely have OWI cases that push that 3 hour window so 2 hours is not out of the norm. Also with blood they can calculate back to the time of operation if needed but they normally only do that in cases where the blood was taken at that 3 hour mark and it comes back an .07 or below. Hope that helps you understand that part.

What about hit and runs when you don't find them until the next day?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom