• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I will have 2 VERY unhappy kids if I hear them saying that crap. I would like to think that I raised them to speak more intelligently than that. In a few years, I'll find out. I never talked like that and I expect my kids to do the same.

Repped. It speaks volumes of one's intelligence to depend upon outdated and illogical phrases to express their dismay or other emotions.

While I dont believe tax payers money should go into teaching children what I consider "high road" language, I do believe parents are lacking in teaching their children that folks come in all types, what makes America great. But to use these differences as a denotation of something bad, that is wrong to me.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I just think that strong communication skills are not-so-common. It is taught from an early age. It is hard to take someone seriously who speaks so poorly. Sure, it's your right to say what you want. What I can't figure out is why? Why lower yourself? Is this not a group of like-minded intelligent men/women that strive to educate people who are outside of our circle here? We cannot do that with some of the poor communication skills exhibited. I could care less about these commercials. I'm tired of all these drug company commercials (drugs looking for a patient), toy commercials (encouraging materialism), fast food commercials (terribly unhealthy), I could go on and on. We don't need commercials at all do we? We are smart enough to live our lives without them right ;)

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I just think that strong communication skills are not-so-common............ ;)

I like where your going here. I know that community colleges have seen a huge problem with writing skills in the last five years and they are contributing it to the IM and TEXT generation. Since most of the communication that goes on in the social setting is over-simplified it is now crossing over. Some behaviorist are even saying that young people are unable to have true relationship because of personal communication comfort zones. Person to Person is too intimate than screen to screen. :rolleyes:

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    GREAT! Just found this gem in another thread and I immediately locked on
    to it. I would not have paid attention to the word otherwise. I guess now
    that I'm on the lookout for it I will have a better excuse to be "upset" :rolleyes:
    :D youre welcome for that.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I like where your going here. I know that community colleges have seen a huge problem with writing skills in the last five years and they are contributing it to the IM and TEXT generation. Since most of the communication that goes on in the social setting is over-simplified it is now crossing over. Some behaviorist are even saying that young people are unable to have true relationship because of personal communication comfort zones. Person to Person is too intimate than screen to screen. :rolleyes:
    Interesting. I truly believe that it is an under-utilized skill. Of course I deal with the "not-so-smart" on a daily basis and it always amuses me to see that they take pride in their poor communication skills. Now of course this doesn't mean that I can't speak the language of the local populace when needed. My wife would probably look at me crazy if saw me talking to some of the local youth. Sometimes I'll just talk to them in my everyday style just to see how much of what I say goes right over their head. It amuses me ;)

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I like how these threads get so turned around. I don't remember the start of thread being a debate on the use of the word gay. It was about tax payer money being used to convince people to not use the word in a derogatory manner. Isn't that the job of parents? To teach children social conchesness.

Why spent tax money on one specific group? I think its wrong. If they are going to spend my money in such an effort then don't target one special group of oh so special people. Make it a general message to encompass all rude behavior.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    theres a couple people in here right now really riding around on a high horse. but its alright. like i said earlier, in common speech, im one of the most offensive people you could run across. if you want to look down on me, i could care less. im not attempting to be especially hateful towards anyone. theyre just words. and they have associations connected to them outside of their proper defintions. i have a friend thats mexican and italian. i call him wopback. we laugh about it. hell then call me a kraut, and make a comment about ww2. words are words. it doesnt say anything about my iq, because im sure its at least as high as yours. when it comes to writing a paper for school, or writing a sworn statement to keep people out of jail, mine are top notch. so take one foot out of your stirrup, swing your leg over, climb down out of the saddle, and rejoin the common folk.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    theres a couple people in here right now really riding around on a high horse. but its alright. like i said earlier, in common speech, im one of the most offensive people you could run across. if you want to look down on me, i could care less. im not attempting to be especially hateful towards anyone. theyre just words. and they have associations connected to them outside of their proper defintions. i have a friend thats mexican and italian. i call him wopback. we laugh about it. hell then call me a kraut, and make a comment about ww2. words are words. it doesnt say anything about my iq, because im sure its at least as high as yours. when it comes to writing a paper for school, or writing a sworn statement to keep people out of jail, mine are top notch. so take one foot out of your stirrup, swing your leg over, climb down out of the saddle, and rejoin the common folk.

There's a couple people in here right now really riding around on a high horse. But it's alright. like i said earlier, in common speech, I'm one of the most offensive people you could run across. If you want to look down on me, I could care less. I'm not attempting to be especially hateful towards anyone. They're just words, and they have associations connected to them outside of their proper definitions. I have a friend thats Mexican and Italian. I call him wopback. We laugh about it. Hell then call me a kraut, and make a comment about WWII. Words are words. It doesn't say anything about my I.Q., because I'm sure its at least as high as yours. When it comes to writing a paper for school, or writing a sworn statement to keep people out of jail, mine are top notch. So take one foot out of your stirrup, swing your leg over, climb down out of the saddle, and rejoin the common folk.

When it comes to writing a paper for school mine are top notch.
    We can see that! :laugh:

And Rep'd for being Top-Notch!!!

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    There's a couple people in here right now really riding around on a high horse. But it's alright. like i said earlier, in common speech, I'm one of the most offensive people you could run across. If you want to look down on me, I could care less. I'm not attempting to be especially hateful towards anyone. They're just words, and they have associations connected to them outside of their proper definitions. I have a friend thats Mexican and Italian. I call him wopback. We laugh about it. Hell then call me a kraut, and make a comment about WWII. Words are words. It doesn't say anything about my I.Q., because I'm sure its at least as high as yours. When it comes to writing a paper for school, or writing a sworn statement to keep people out of jail, mine are top notch. So take one foot out of your stirrup, swing your leg over, climb down out of the saddle, and rejoin the common folk.

We can see that! :laugh:

And Rep'd for being Top-Notch!!!
    Haha. what an a-hole. you missed the apostrophe in "he'll" though. i also should have used theyre instead of theres in the opening line. jerk.

p.s. i did that on purpose to illustrate a writing sample from the "text/instant message" generation....yea. thats it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    when it comes to writing a paper for school, or writing a sworn statement to keep people out of jail, mine are top notch. so take one foot out of your stirrup, swing your leg over, climb down out of the saddle, and rejoin the common folk.

You surely can't be top notch at writing papers. I thought we went through this already. Public School kids R dumb! :laugh:

I expected to see more "flaming" in this thread.;)

:gheyhi:

Well now that you're here... :stickpoke:

Sadly enough....yes.... :D

See, I'm telling ya, i thought we already covered this....

:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom