• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oucme69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    indianapolis
    I will never go back to find guns it is a rip off everything id way over priced...... I read some were on line a few year back that find was ranked number 3 in the us for selling guns to people who use them in crimes

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    1. I think Don's takes advantage of people with his extremely high prices.
    2. The salespeople treat everyone like their buddies, instead of customers. I don't like to be cussed at by people who are trying to earn my money.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I know a guy from work that ignored all advice against Don's and came out with a $2000 Desert Eagle. Yes it happened but it was okay since they threw in a box of ammo. He still has not heard the end of that story nor do I think he has recovered from the colon cleansing he recieved.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i would imagine don's sells to 3 groups of people:

1) straw purchasers (from Chicago)
    2) local wannabes, small timers
    3) first time gun buyers who see his commercials, and then never buy from him again

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I will never go back to find guns it is a rip off everything id way over priced...... I read some were on line a few year back that find was ranked number 3 in the us for selling guns to people who use them in crimes

Last I saw they are at about number 6 but the people above them don't have a lot more.

I wonder if he still has that Matress store haha.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I have only been there once and will not go back. First it was extremely packed with what looked like people you would not want carrying a weapon, Second there customer service SUCKED and three the indoor range is poorly lit and the prices are outrageous. I would rather freeze my butt off at a free outdoor range than go there again.

prtrrssll

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Very over priced place everything is double price but if you take something in for trade completly backwards they dont offer anything

dooleydclown

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Somewhere between Indy and Carmel
    Was in Don's last week, $400.00 Kel Tecs give me a break! The help made me nervous. Two guys came in a few minutes after I did and had no idea what they were looking for from the conversation I heard and five minutes later one of them was getting his NICS paper filled out. Never shopped around even in there just bought what the salesman suggested.
    Left and don't need to go back.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I've only been in there once several years ago, but the prices were OUTRAGEOUS and my dad has been in there a few times when in the area and he doesn't remember seeing anything less than 10-15% ABOVE retail.
    I also heard a RUMOR from two different people years back that he got started with money he made as a bodyguard for someone (I think mafia was mentioned) but that is a RUMOR as I've never found that as fact anywhere. (I have done some casual searching online out of curiosity.)

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    I've only been in there once several years ago, but the prices were OUTRAGEOUS and my dad has been in there a few times when in the area and he doesn't remember seeing anything less than 10-15% ABOVE retail.
    I also heard a RUMOR from two different people years back that he got started with money he made as a bodyguard for someone (I think mafia was mentioned) but that is a RUMOR as I've never found that as fact anywhere. (I have done some casual searching online out of curiosity.)

He is a retired business agent for the teamsters union , and used to be Hoffa's right hand man , his money came from repeat customers :dunno:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I used to own a mini-14. I stopped in Don's one day to pick up a few mags. This was the northside store before it closed. They had 3, and I bought all 3. I got them home, and one would not actually fit properly in the rifle at all. The second I couldn't fit 30 rounds in it (only 23 fit in before it jammed up).

I took them back to Don's that same day, and the same jagoff that sold them to me accused me of taking them home and swapping them for other mags and wouldn't take them back. Even with the receipt. I told them they could keep their shi**y mags, since they were no good to me, dropped them on the floor and told them to f*** themselves and walked out. I haven't been back since.

Jimbovia

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Plainfield
    LOL!!!!

For the sake of time and my fingers for having to retype what was already stated...I borrowed from above, and support the claims 100%. I also added some remarks in parenthesis.

1) Insanely high prices. (Ammo was 200% of normal)
    2) Unsafe range practices. (there isnt enough room in this range to safely manipulate ones own body much less a weapon, and targets, and your own ammo.)
    3) Horrible customer service. (I felt like the store was being run by "purposely left unnamed" country wide biker gang. As I hail from California originally, I can only relate the exact feeling of discomfort to shopping at a corner store in Compton.)

"I am not in this to make money, I just like to watch your credit card scream when I sell you an over priced gun"

ROFLMAO!!!

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I took my brother in law there once so he could rent a gun and shoot. He was a mormon missionary and when he came back after two years in Argentina where he couldn't do ANYTHING, I told him I'd take him to do whatever he wanted and he only had to tell his parents if he wanted to. I thought he'd pick go to a strip club, but he wanted to shoot firearms.

I took him to Don's and we rented a handgun and an AK for him to fire, and we went through 3 boxes of ammo and it cost me like $160 plus however much it costs for a bar of Lever 2000 so I could take a couple of showers when I got home.

I don't like the place. Their prices are ridiculous high (my wife used to want a Bersa 380, and they were charging over $500 for it!!!) and it's gross, and I always feel like I'm going to get hit with a drive by in there for some reason... so yeah, that's my opinion of Dons.

I do like his commercials though.

nhgluff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Don's Prices

Don is absolutely dishonest in the area of pricing, also always shady characters in the store. I always wondered if the firearms manufacturers such as Glock Sig etc, would like to know about his ridiculous prices. Maybe they would stop supplying him because of price gouging and it's giving them a bad name. I've been their twice including the big liquidation sale? Just a thought and the store is only good for a laugh at the sale saw a 600 dollar SKS and 700 dollar glocks HAHAHA!!!!!!

bjosephback

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Indy
    Don's range prices aren't that bad. You must bring your own ammo though because their ammo prices are high. The only negative thing other than the ammo prices is you must buy their targets. You can bring your own ear/eye protection (and I would recommend wearing a bullet proof vest).

In regards to their gun prices, I would never consider them to be respected gun dealer so their prices reflect that.

Top Bottom