Donald J. Trump. Messiah? Poopiehead? Discuss...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, a number of media outlets are reporting that, as trump leaves for two-plus weeks of a "working vacation", that Trump has taken over 50 days off since his election, versus fewer than 20 days by this point in Obama's term. Also, I'm seeing reports that Trump has spent more on personal travel in the first half of his first year than Obama did in the entirety of his presidency.

We all heard the constant "golfer in chief" comments the last year or so that Obama was in office.

...where is the great outrage from conservatives now? Why aren't they interested in holding Trump to the same standard they demanded for obama?

I used to complain about the golf when Obama did it. I think it was clearly my bias. The way I think about it now, I'd rather not have to spend my tax dollars on every recreational whim the POTUS might have. Maybe there should be a recreation budget where once it's used up the POTUS must spend his own money. If it's a "working" recreation I don't know why anyone would be so much against that. So I guess I've evolved on the subject. Sometimes it takes seeing things from the other side to do that.

I guess that would be "Exhibit A" in the "some people are comparing Trump to Jesus" discussion.

People can compare it all they want. My only thoughts on it is wondering why anyone would choose to be offended by it.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I used to complain about the golf when Obama did it. I think it was clearly my bias. The way I think about it now, I'd rather not have to spend my tax dollars on every recreational whim the POTUS might have. Maybe there should be a recreation budget where once it's used up the POTUS must spend his own money. If it's a "working" recreation I don't know why anyone would be so much against that. So I guess I've evolved on the subject. Sometimes it takes seeing things from the other side to do that.

People can compare it all they want. My only thoughts on it is wondering why anyone would choose to be offended by it.

Ther's no way any President can go on vacation without working. This last vacation actually coincides with some renovation work on the White House. To my understanding this trip away from the White House would have had to take place.

However my problem with Trumps vacations have more to do with his hypocracy and cost. He's taken more vacations than Obama by this time in his Presidency at an estimated 25% of the first 200 days and I would have to imagine that the cost of Trumps vacations are going to make Obamas look like chump change. Not only that but Trump is enriching himself at the same time. Not only is he charging rent to his entourage (tax payer money) but from what I understand if nothing else the membership for his so called weekend White House at Maralago has gone from 100,000 to 200,000 a year since he's become President.

So the fact that he's such a hypocrite and that he's enriching himself at taxpayer expense kinda pi**** me off.

Last edited:

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    So, a number of media outlets are reporting that, as trump leaves for two-plus weeks of a "working vacation", that Trump has taken over 50 days off since his election, versus fewer than 20 days by this point in Obama's term. Also, I'm seeing reports that Trump has spent more on personal travel in the first half of his first year than Obama did in the entirety of his presidency.

We all heard the constant "golfer in chief" comments the last year or so that Obama was in office.

...where is the great outrage from conservatives now? Why aren't they interested in holding Trump to the same standard they demanded for obama?

We'll let's see.
    Trump has been in office for 200+ days, that's 28-1/2 weeks. If he were to take weekends off like most everyone else that would be 57 days, that sounds about right except he works weekends also. He also doesn't accept pay for the job as President. He really doesn't need it now does he.
    How many days off have you taken in the last 6 months?
    Oh! And how much did Obama's trips to Hawaii cost us.

It seems as though many people have forgotten that the discussed with Washington is what put Trump in office. Many figured it couldn't get any worse and Trump had a proven record of success not to mention that he paid for most of his own campaign so that he wouldn't be beholden to anyone and that's what earps a lot of people.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy

We'll let's see.
    Trump has been in office for 200+ days, that's 28-1/2 weeks. If he were to take weekends off like most everyone else that would be 57 days, that sounds about right except he works weekends also. He also doesn't accept pay for the job as President. He really doesn't need it now does he.

It seems as though many people have forgotten that the discused with Washington is what put Trump in office. Many figured it couldn't get any worse and Trump had a proven record of success not to mention that he paid for most of his own campaign so that he wouldn't be beholden to anyone and that's what earps a lot of people.

Opps, double post. Sorry.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We'll let's see.

It seems as though many people have forgotten that the discussed with Washington is what put Trump in office. Many figured it couldn't get any worse and Trump had a proven record of success not to mention that he paid for most of his own campaign so that he wouldn't be beholden to anyone and that's what earps a lot of people.

A few things FS. If you're saying Trump's working schedule is "about right," then you have to say that Obama actually worker harder than average (at least so far as days worked).
    And bring up Obama's trips, and lamenting about how much they costed the taxpayers, isn't something you should bring up. The current resident of the WH is projected to surpass the price tag associate with Obama's travels, during his 2 terms.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Personally, I didn't complain about Obama's vacations and golf games, and I'm not going to complain about Trump's. They've got smart phones and internet access and can do the job from just about anywhere in the world. So what if they're not actually sitting in the Oval Office? The only thing they need to actually be in the office for is signing bills. Just about everything else can be done from anywhere in the world these days. I won't begrudge them time away from the office.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The key word here is projected, which is an uncertain or unproven number.

You gotta be joking. Here, how about I simply ask your opinion. If Trump is projected to spend more money on trips, in his first year, than Obama spent during his entire presidency, how likely do you think it is that Trump will surpass Obama, in spending, if he serves a full 2 terms?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    A few things FS. If you're saying Trump's working schedule is "about right," then you have to say that Obama actually worker harder than average (at least so far as days worked).
    And bring up Obama's trips, and lamenting about how much they costed the taxpayers, isn't something you should bring up. The current resident of the WH is projected to surpass the price tag associate with Obama's travels, during his 2 terms.

Do you think President Trump will add 10 Trillion dollars to the debt by the time he is out of office like obama did?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    10 Trilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllion Dollars!

giphy.gif

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I thought it was silly when people criticized President Obama for his vacations as it should be obvious that a President is never really on vacation. This kind of criticism is still silly and now hypocritical on both sides.

Hypocrisy on both sides on the same issue at the same time is one of those mysteries of nature that we get to see more and more these days. When your loyalties lie with persons and not principle or ideology, this will happen more and more. We had 8 years of personality cult before and are several months into another one now.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I thought it was silly when people criticized President Obama for his vacations as it should be obvious that a President is never really on vacation. This kind of criticism is still silly and now hypocritical on both sides.

Hypocrisy on both sides on the same issue at the same time is one of those mysteries of nature that we get to see more and more these days. When your loyalties lie with persons and not principle or ideology, this will happen more and more. We had 8 years of personality cult before and are several months into another one now.

Whatever

I would still like to see a comparison of what the two cost us in tax dollars. Because at this point I'm thinking Trump is costing us HUGLEY!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Whatever

I would still like to see a comparison of what the two cost us in tax dollars. Because at this point I'm thinking Trump is costing us HUGLEY!

Oh course he is. He's not your guy. Whether it's Trump or Obama, this is purely symbolic anyway, but I get it Trump bad, Obama good.

Top Bottom