Donald J. Trump. Messiah? Poopiehead? Discuss...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Grid lock was a good thing for the last two terms, and is not totally bad now. There are a couple of things I would like to see get done, repeal, lower, defense and immigration.

Gridlock is camoflage though.

What we do not see is all the sneaky little back room deals for pork, self enrichment and self agrandisement.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    The bussed in. The latest phenomenon.

Don't even start moaning about the "the agitators came in by bus" bull ****. That is a commie tactic going back to the 50s, at the very least. Pro and anti-union forces did that in the early 20th century, for sure. Leftists are just pissed their tactics are being used against them, and, as with everything else they don't like, they infer or say "It isn't fair!" Boo mother ****ing hoo, here's a link for you: https://www.kleenex.com/en-us/coupons

Anyone who would argue against the fact there were extremists in the groups on both sides last weekend, or claim that one side's *******ry is open to less condemnation, due to some fractional moral superiority based on what some historic advocate of said point of view did or didn't do 20, 50, 80 or 150 years ago, is lacking a sense of intellectual sobriety, at very best.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Don't even start moaning about the "the agitators came in by bus" bull ****. That is a commie tactic going back to the 50s, at the very least. Pro and anti-union forces did that in the early 20th century, for sure. Leftists are just pissed their tactics are being used against them, and, as with everything else they don't like, they infer or say "It isn't fair!" Boo mother ****ing hoo, here's a link for you: https://www.kleenex.com/en-us/coupons

Anyone who would argue against the fact there were extremists in the groups on both sides last weekend, or claim that one side's *******ry is open to less condemnation, due to some fractional moral superiority based on what some historic advocate of said point of view did or didn't do 20, 50, 80 or 150 years ago, is lacking a sense of intellectual sobriety, at very best.

I think you missed the dripping sarcasm.... lots of folks around here have been complaining about the left bussing in people for eons.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

Should we talk about all of the Presidents since Eisenhower who have condemned them not to mention the fact that Goldwater and the new conservatism of that time chose to denounce them? Should we mention Reagan and Bush as well?

I can't help that Trump is either a racist or part of his base consist of them so he refuses to denounce them. Yeah Trump is a phenomenon all right or is that Alt Right?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Should we talk about all of the Presidents since Eisenhower who have condemned them not to mention the fact that Goldwater and the new conservatism of that time chose to denounce them? Should we mention Reagan and Bush as well?

I can't help that Trump is either a racist or part of his base consist of them so he refuses to denounce them. Yeah Trump is a phenomenon all right or is that Alt Right?

I am rapidly starting to believe this.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I am rapidly starting to believe this.

Someone said something last night that hits the mark.

Whether you are or not but then you condone, assist, or associate with them in fact you are a Racist.

Hard to deny if you are awake and watching all of these things that Trump does not in fact do all those things I mentioned.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T

Yes, please list them all out. Take as much time as you'd like to do it. I'll be shoe shopping online while I wait...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    TBH I'm ready for Mr. T to be gone and let Pence in. There's no way that man is going to see 4 years in office. He's the very definition of a political lightning rod and nothing is getting done legislatively.

BINGO

We Got A Winner!!

Maybe he won't make it to the end of the term. Maybe he will. Wishing isn't going to make it happen. You don't get to impeach the president just because you think he's poopy. Rather than #RESIST everything, I think it makes more sense to figure out what stuff he wants to do that makes sense, and support that, and oppose him on the stuff that doesn't make sense. But then to do that, to figure out what makes sense, you have to be willing not to hyperbolize everything because you think he's poopy. You also have to figure out what Trump is actually saying, which is hard in itself, to figure out what is good or bad.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Maybe he won't make it to the end of the term. Maybe he will. Wishing isn't going to make it happen. You don't get to impeach the president just because you think he's poopy. Rather than #RESIST everything, I think it makes more sense to figure out what stuff he wants to do that makes sense, and support that, and oppose him on the stuff that doesn't make sense. But then to do that, to figure out what makes sense, you have to be willing not to hyperbolize everything because you think he's poopy. You also have to figure out what Trump is actually saying, which is hard in itself, to figure out what is good or bad.

Actualy the BINGO reference was more about the fact Trump is radioactive. Oh wait he used political lightening rod.

Frankly this latest thing is going to hang over him for the rest of his life and not just his Presidency. This is the type of thing that is American History kind of thing. Frankly even if he fixes the North Korea thing he can't wipe out the effects of this misstep, poor show of judgement, stubborn stance, not giving into his base, or simply racist reaction whatever it was. This stink is the kind of stink that lingers and can't simply be washed off or forgotten so easily. He's made this the new topic that will be THE TOPIC.

As you say a lot of hyperbole. Well guess what Trump stirred the pot and it ain't going away. This is not his latest Tweet misstep by any means. It's not going to be forgotten. We'll move on to other things but this one won't be forgotten.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Actualy the BINGO reference was more about the fact Trump is radioactive. Oh wait he used political lightening rod.

Frankly this latest thing is going to hang over him for the rest of his life and not just his Presidency. This is the type of thing that is American History kind of thing. Frankly even if he fixes the North Korea thing he can't wipe out the effects of this misstep, poor show of judgement, stubborn stance, not giving into his base, or simply racist reaction whatever it was. This stink is the kind of stink that lingers and can't simply be washed off or forgotten so easily. He's made this the new topic that will be THE TOPIC.

As you say a lot of hyperbole. Well guess what Trump stirred the pot and it ain't going away. This is not his latest Tweet misstep by any means. It's not going to be forgotten. We'll move on to other things but this one won't be forgotten.

And his family, associates, and employees.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You certainly aren't going to sell that anywhere, including here.

Unfortunately this is very true.

TBH I'm ready for Mr. T to be gone and let Pence in. There's no way that man is going to see 4 years in office. He's the very definition of a political lightning rod and nothing is getting done legislatively.

Why would you wish for such a thing? Pence has neither the vision nor the fortitude to be the guy on top, he would do nothing but sit and watch the establishment run on autopilot. Avoiding this is the reason Trump was elected.

That's why I kept saying over and over again how could any one in their right mind support (I'm not, I'm not including vote) or associate with this guy?

He's Toxic!!

It is very simple. He is the only person since before my lifetime who has had the fortitude to make any effort whatsoever to change the wrong direction the country has taken (i.e., taking on the real problems of the distorted nature of the government, not merely attacking individual issues). He may not be the great conservative hero some of us had hoped for, but he is the best we have, and we wouldn't have that much had he not been able to self-finance his campaign. We have a very few good men like Rand Paul who are not able to gain traction (or the money needed) to win a primary, and aside from Trump, we are left with one swamp monster or the other. Not much of a choice really.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Unfortunately this is very true.

Why would you wish for such a thing? Pence has neither the vision nor the fortitude to be the guy on top, he would do nothing but sit and watch the establishment run on autopilot. Avoiding this is the reason Trump was elected.

It is very simple. He is the only person since before my lifetime who has had the fortitude to make any effort whatsoever to change the wrong direction the country has taken (i.e., taking on the real problems of the distorted nature of the government, not merely attacking individual issues). He may not be the great conservative hero some of us had hoped for, but he is the best we have, and we wouldn't have that much had he not been able to self-finance his campaign. We have a very few good men like Rand Paul who are not able to gain traction (or the money needed) to win a primary, and aside from Trump, we are left with one swamp monster or the other. Not much of a choice really.

Ah, I see where your coming from now. A light is coming on. I don't agree but I understand. Just makes me mad though.

Hey, do you really honestly think he's not going to take donations he'll be able to legally get and refund whatever he spent? Do you really think spending money of his own like that goes along with this mans character especially since and how he's done things in the past?

Oh, and by the way this doesn't mean I'm going to stop trashing this POS.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Ah, I see where your coming from now. A light is coming on. I don't agree but I understand. Just makes me mad though.

Hey, do you really honestly think he's not going to take donations he'll be able to legally get and refund whatever he spent? Do you really think spending money of his own like that goes along with this mans character especially since and how he's done things in the past?

Oh, and by the way this doesn't mean I'm going to stop trashing this POS.

At this point I really don't care. I feel very fortunate to have anyone in office who is not a sworn enemy.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    At this point I really don't care. I feel very fortunate to have anyone in office who is not a sworn enemy.

Can't help pointing things out where this guy tends to show his real colors. He may have not done it, and it's possible he won't. But given his history I very much doubt he won't and since you seem to have indicated it was important I just had to point it out.

Top Bottom