• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Okey-dokey, back on target--dude, it's the Media, do you really expect anything to be right at this point?

Quick, someone post one of the 178 threads on INGO where NBC claimed a rifle was not used at Newtown!
    This. I'm amazed how much credibility the media is given here.

The same media that is leading the way to take away your "assault" weapons.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    He was a rogue elephant, had to go out horizontal. This does not excuse LAPD's behavior in any way. I hope the victims there receive speedy justice (I would not anticipate criminal prosecutions) and that LAPD sits down and learns from the MCFs that they perpetrated.

Dorner should have surrendered to the wardens and asked for a change of venue a la OJ Simpson where he stood a chance of at least hanging a jury.

I do not know what happened in the cabin. I would suggest we wait for the final reports.

*Disclaimer: I know some of those involved in the manhunt as gunfu instructors.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No argument here. And thanks for the response

Would not think so. The recent West Coast MCFs have sparked more outrage among good cops with knowledge of firearms and tactics than with the most ardent wookie suiter.

My only hope is that the blue Tacoma shooting becomes an industry standard of what not to do among FTUs all over the country.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    That is pretty callous, public servant. I've responded to a house fire with bodies inside. Didn't remind me of Lonestar.

If you've seen so much death and stupidity that you've lost the abiliy to be sorrowful over human life lost, perhaps u should find another line of work. For your personal well being as well as for the safety of the rest of us. Just sayin'.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    That is pretty callous, public servant. I've responded to a house fire with bodies inside. Didn't remind me of Lonestar.

If you've seen so much death and stupidity that you've lost the abiliy to be sorrowful over human life lost, perhaps u should find another line of work. For your personal well being as well as for the safety of the rest of us. Just sayin'.
    Thanks for your opinion. I wasn't rejoicing in it. I simply stated my thoughts from experience.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Fire? Was the BATF there?

I thought I saw Janet Reno in some of the video feed, you be the judge...

bigfoot.jpg

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I was thinking this as well

As if the cops got close enough to lay hands on him physically and didn't get shot in the process. Or that they'd venture so close to the burning building. No need to push him back in. Just shoot him as he comes out.

kool-aid drinkers, no; but some serious lack of critical thinking, perhaps.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Dorner could have surrendered to the San Bernardino Deputies if he wanted to live to see another day. He chose to fight the cops that have nothing to do with LAPD. He could have stayed in Los Angeles to wage his war. Instead, he killed two innocent civilians and two innocent cops from Riverside and San Bernardino.

Cops are not equipped for warfare against criminals with rifles. This same thing happened against the North Hollywood bank robbers. Class 3A body armor is useless. Dorner wanted a war, he got it.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So what is the conspiracy theory here? That he was executed?

I assumed he killed himself before being burned alive. I havent watched the news so I could be wrong. I was on the road all day yesterday and only listened to what happened on the radio.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    So what is the conspiracy theory here? That he was executed?

I assumed he killed himself before being burned alive. I havent watched the news so I could be wrong. I was on the road all day yesterday and only listened to what happened on the radio.
    There were reports of a single gunshot being heard from inside the cabin as it burned.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Just out of curiosity, why would it be a problem if the police set a cabin on fire in which a person inside was employing deadly force against them? How is a shooting a "fire" arrow at a wooden building and the guy dying from burning up, any different that him catching a .308 round in the head?

If it's your property (home, photos, memories) that is destroyed in the process (possibly leaving you at least temporarily homeless), I would say it's significantly different. Should police reallty be empowered to employ "scorched earth" mentality?

I'm not saying that's what happened. Maybe the suspect set the fire. But to answer your question, YES, there is a big difference. They can wait him out. Shut off his water and electricity. Negotiate. Lie. At least give it 72 hrs or a week.

Wasn't he reported to have hostages? Or did that turn out to be incorrect? What about them? Had he killed them? Could LAPD have known if they were alive? What about their bodies?

-rvb

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ....I assumed he killed himself before being burned alive. I havent watched the news so I could be wrong. I was on the road all day yesterday and only listened to what happened on the radio.

I suspect that is what happened as well, but I'll wait and see.

As for "what conspiracy theory"? Good question.

Some people are so anti-police that they will assume that there must be a conspiracy of some sort. They believe media reports that cite unnamed sources, no sources at all, are based on other 4th hand media reports, and are clearly rank speculation, as evidence. They claim no body was present when there had not yet been a search, nor anyone in the cabin.

I don't get it. Never will. There is enough lying and stupidity in government that making up wild stories about what it does isn't necessary. Sure, reality is less interesting, less like a TV show, less like a movie, but that's the world we live in.

...and we wonder why so many people won't take 2d Amendment believers seriously.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    As for "what conspiracy theory"? Good question.

Some people are so anti-police that they will assume that there must be a conspiracy of some sort. They believe media reports that cite unnamed sources, no sources at all, are based on other 4th hand media reports, and are clearly rank speculation, as evidence. They claim no body was present when there had not yet been a search, nor anyone in the cabin.

...and we wonder why so many people won't take 2d Amendment believers seriously.

I, for one, fail to see much room for conspiracy in truth or theory. The death on scene appears to have happened by mutual demand, although so far as we are aware Dorner made no attempt to surrender at any point. Having the newsies driven back far enough that they couldn't get any useful footage doesn't help and opens the door to the notion that he may have made a last-minute attempt, but I feel no need to address this beyond acknowledging that it is within the realm of possibility. Dorner made it clear up front that he did not intend to be captured alive. The police, by evidence of their actions, made it clear up front that they did not intent to apprehend him alive. Everyone got their wish here, differences in timing and casualty count notwithstanding.

I don't see a concern over the body. A gas stove cools immediately when the flame is extinguished. A house fire does not. The PD spokesman was necessarily correct in his treatment of the subject and the probably outcome is that we will soon have a news release indicating that the body found on scene is indeed Dorner Flambe.

As for not being taken seriously, one must ask why the same does not apply to the leftist who clearly live in fantasy. Also disturbing is the notion that questioning the proffered narrative, especially when it has more holes than a Swiss cheese, is presumed to be evidence of defective though ranging from simply being wrong all the way up to mental illness in the clinical sense of the term. Speaking up and saying that the story doesn't make sense (in cases where it doesn't) makes one crazy, but blaming George Bush for everything bad that has happened this side of World War II isn't? The biggest problem is that we allow people with a partisan interest to set the standards for reality.

There are many problems with this situation, but so far as I am concerned they are out in the open even if they are not being noticed as they should. Unless correction is made soon, we will have established a couple of very dangerous precedents, particularly in terms of the police half of the apparent mutually held decision against live capture and the acceptability of, at minimum, irregular searches, and the acceptability of drawing down on and/or opening fire on citizens who are not involved in the incident. We also have the last piece of the puzzle, in form of what the evidence suggests was handled as a kill mission from the beginning, to bring the drone strike approach to law enforcement home. We have drones being used in our home skies, the new Obama summary execution by drone doctrine with no burden of proof beyond an arbitrary decision by a political hack, and now Dorner brings us a large measure of acceptance of a kill mission by virtue of the fact that he wouldn't have had it any other way. This almost completely takes attention off of the fact that the behavior of the police indicates that they wouldn't have had it any other way, absolving them of responsibility in the minds of most while introducing a very dangerous precedent. The next step is simply to combine these elements and...battlefield conditions and standards for killing coming soon to a country near you.

Top Bottom