• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    1. We have a man who openly declared his intent to kill a number of people. Regardless of whether or not his claims were true, this is not acceptable.

<redacted>

A lot of people have declared that exact intent if/when certain things come to pass.

Does the phrase ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ring a bell?

Are the people who say ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ, being fully cognizant of what it means to say such, wrong in your opinion? Because I've said it myself, and mean it with 100% conviction, from the bottom of my heart.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    A lot of people have declared that exact intent if/when certain things come to pass.

Does the phrase ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ring a bell?

Are the people who say ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ, being fully cognizant of what it means to say such, wrong in your opinion? Because I've said it myself, and mean it with 100% conviction, from the bottom of my heart.

I was making a distinction that may not be as clear as I had intended, specifically that of defending one's self against armed hostility and hunting down named persons and/or their loved ones as personal revenge rather than defending one's self, family, and the republic.

Lycurgus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    read the feed at 2:45 as the LEO is claiming no body has been found. :dunno::dunno:

[ame]http://youtu.be/FAdNI63ak0o[/ame]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just out of curiosity, why would it be a problem if the police set a cabin on fire in which a person inside was employing deadly force against them? How is a shooting a "fire" arrow at a wooden building and the guy dying from burning up, any different that him catching a .308 round in the head?

jath08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Greencastle, IN
    Just out of curiosity, why would it be a problem if the police set a cabin on fire in which a person inside was employing deadly force against them? How is a shooting a "fire" arrow at a wooden building and the guy dying from burning up, any different that him catching a .308 round in the head?

Same end results just ones alot quicker.:flamethrower:This
    or this:biggun:

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    c'mon did anybody seriously think this guy was gonna make it to trial? in their zeal to kill this heavy set black man they shot 2 asian women and a skinny white guy. guilty until proven dead

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

So far as I can tell, absolutely none. It is apparent that there was no intent whatsoever to bring him in alive. The method of extermination is irrelevant.

Once again, I feel no particular sympathy for Dorner. My concern is that if summary execution is allowed to come into style, it can be visited on anyone who crosses the police. Many among us have accepted it with drone strikes against 'terrorists' so labeled without any burden of proof, due process, or legal recourse. The same people are accepting a more direct and personal form of extrajudicial execution with Dorner, here in the US, for what is still common crime even if it has uncommon overtones to it. I am not given to believe that Dorner would have peacefully surrendered at any point, but then again, the behavior of the police throughout the hunt has indicated that it was intended from the beginning to be an execution with apprehension not even contemplated, as demonstrated by opening fire on innocents with no warning or reasonable attempt to ascertain identity of those on the receiving end.

Back to your original question, as I see it dead is dead regardless of specific method.

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I AM THE LAW!!
    obama_thinks_this_judge_dredd_makeover_is____by_spacecadetbling-d5iws84.jpg

YoungGunLover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    As of right now, no body has been found in the cabin. Authorities say it is too hot to go near get and that they have not been able to do an in depth search of the cabin. No one knows yet why there was a confusion with all the media stations reporting they found a body.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Why was my thread closed. :xmad:

I had worked on a post to address a couple of statements that had the feel of trolling. I put quite a bit of thought and deliberation into it, then submitted. The screen then informs me that the thread had been closed, 35 minutes earlier...

First I gave it an "Oh man" then chuckled. Guess I am going to have to get that word/min speed up to 120. That is 2 in 2 days...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    As of right now, no body has been found in the cabin. Authorities say it is too hot to go near get and that they have not been able to do an in depth search of the cabin. No one knows yet why there was a confusion with all the media stations reporting they found a body.

I believe it was the Chief of Riverside (or a Riverside officer) that came out saying the body was identified as Dorner. I think the media confusion in the reporting is partly coming from the Keystone Cops.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth

the good guys and bad guys been doing this from the 1700 - now ....its called burn them out ..but a lot of the times it leads to innocent people getting burned alive has happen then and now like all the children in waco........and gives the image of the police being judge jury and executioner with given no option to surrender .......

but your right dead.......is dead....... bullet ..... fire ...water ...hanging

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    It is quite difficult to bring someone in that is actively shooting at you.

When they say push back it doesn't mean literally by their hands. He tried his luck back in the house instead of being shot.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    i hope they got the nutt ......but with all the actions by LAPD to the public (shootings etc.) has given more mistrust then ever .....

i agree push back was poor term to use ...(subject went back in cabin do to gun fire from police engaging subject)......is a term that applys

Top Bottom