• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    3. Burning up smells much worse.

4. Burning up = harder to identify body.

5. Burning up = destruction of evidence.

6. Burning up is harder to clean up.

Nope, I gotta go with Green on the eating of the marshmallows. Dealing out justice probably left them famished. Nothing like a good smore.

Lycurgus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    My concern is that if summary execution is allowed to come into style, it can be visited on anyone who crosses the police. Many among us have accepted it with drone strikes against 'terrorists' so labeled without any burden of proof, due process, or legal recourse.

they are having a conference in DC about that today or tomorrow?.. listen at the 10 sec. mark

[ame]http://youtu.be/5Z_5lLnddD8[/ame]

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    they are having a conference in DC about that today or tomorrow?.. listen at the 10 sec. mark

http://youtu.be/5Z_5lLnddD8

Good find! According to the spokesman, an active shooter engaging the police changes the rules because it shows no concern for life, segue into officer safety. One wonders why we didn't hear a similar statement regarding the lack of regard for life displayed by the police firing on innocent citizens who were well past being too far away to even be considered bystanders. The rest of us like going home alive as well.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled comment on due process, right to a jury trial, and rule of law. I understand that it is not always possible to bring a non-cooperative suspect in for trial, but, once again, it was evident from the beginning that this was going to be an execution. No-knock warrants were first accepted with the implicit understanding that they would be rare and reserved for the most dangerous of criminals and evolved into the present standard as the general method of serving warrants with the standard tripe about officer safety justifying tactics that would make every dictator in modern history proud. Likewise, I can see this leading to execution hunts on any wanted person who does not proactively turn himself in. OK, I can already hear the posts remarking on my tinfoil hat shaping up, but we have been down this road before. Why would anyone expect it to be any different this time?

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Setting the place on fire makes good sound tactical sense to me. He either burns up or comes out. Either way it brings a positive end to a tense few weeks. I say good riddance to the thug and wish he could have been stopped much sooner.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Setting the place on fire makes good sound tactical sense to me. He either burns up or comes out. Either way it brings a positive end to a tense few weeks. I say good riddance to the thug and wish he could have been stopped much sooner.

I will grant you that there is a strong measure of technical efficiency in this resolution.

One down. I would be willing to bet that a couple of Hispanic women and a skinny white guy, all of whom drive pickup trucks, are wondering when justice will be brought to the remainder of the thugs in this story.

TravisJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Muncie/Ft. Wayne, IN
    Good riddance to him and the rest of our rights to due process if those police officers responsible for earlier incidents are not held accountable for their irresponsible actions. Burning him out was not the right thing to do because what if they find a couple extra charred bodies in that cabin? Yeah it may have been safer for the police than sending in swat, but that has to be an acceptable risk. If you put officer safety over possible civilian death or injury it defeats the purpose of having police.

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    As long as the 250 cops at the scene went home safe that is all that matters.

The public are just cannon fodder. If someone was out killing hookers and pimps we would not have had all of the police in CA looking for this guy? But endanger a couple of cops and we have a major problem. Hookers and pimps lives are just as important as a cops despite what you may have heard.

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    It smells exactly like well done steak.

I seriously doubt you've ever been in the presence of a burning body.

It doesn't smell like "well done steak" in the least. Beef is bled out after it's slaughtered, and is almost pure muscle/fat. A human body is full of blood. Heat up a penny and hold it under your nose. Now imagine nine pints of that smell, boiling up and evaporating. Skin smells like charcoal. Burning hair, eyeballs, cerebral fluid, intestines, stomach acid...

It's so thick and putrid you can taste it. There's nothing like well done steak about it. As J.D. Salinger said, "You never really get the smell of burning flesh out of your nose entirely. No matter how long you live."

Don't talk about **** you've never lived.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I seriously doubt you've ever been in the presence of a burning body.

It doesn't smell like "well done steak" in the least. Beef is bled out after it's slaughtered, and is almost pure muscle/fat. A human body is full of blood. Heat up a penny and hold it under your nose. Now imagine nine pints of that smell, boiling up and evaporating. Skin smells like charcoal. Burning hair, eyeballs, cerebral fluid, intestines, stomach acid...

It's so thick and putrid you can taste it. There's nothing like well done steak about it. As J.D. Salinger said, "You never really get the smell of burning flesh out of your nose entirely. No matter how long you live."

Don't talk about **** you've never lived.
    *edit: removed 'cuz it really doesn't matter.

Last edited:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    frabz-Im-sowwy-pweez-fowgib-me-73201c.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Okey-dokey, back on target--dude, it's the Media, do you really expect anything to be right at this point?

Quick, someone post one of the 178 threads on INGO where NBC claimed a rifle was not used at Newtown!

Top Bottom