Does a gay person have the right to be President?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Only if said homosexual is a natural born citizen and over the age of 35.

I am a heterosexual, natural born citizen and over 35. Do I have the RIGHT to be President? If so schedule me in right now. I can't wait to put my feet up on the desk.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Indiana has had a closet bi-sexual Senator re-elected for many years, so I guess if a homosexual can get elected President they have the right to serve as President.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I am a heterosexual, natural born citizen and over 35. Do I have the RIGHT to be President? If so schedule me in right now. I can't wait to put my feet up on the desk.

You have the right to run, just as anyone else who meets the age and birth stipulations.

Now back on topic.

Its nuts that these days people still hold age, race, religion, sexual orientation, etc against someone. We are all people. We all should have the exact same rights as everyone else, no more, no less.

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    each and every person is entitled to feel how they want about this ..homosexuality is a touchy subject, i dont have to agree with something for it to happen ..look at the wheel tax you get charged at the license branch when doing a title or renewing your plates..im sure there has been many gays in our government , doesnt mean i have to agree with it....just my two cents though

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You have the right to run, just as anyone else who meets the age and birth stipulations.

Now back on topic.

The question wasn't if they have the right to run. It was does a gay person have to the right to BE President. So back on topic. I know in the US, we have an entitlement mentality. Everyone thinks they are somehow entitled to something. I have news for some of you, you aren't entitled to jack squat.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    people who still think if a "gay" "woman" "black" "asian" can

are hatefull biggots.

It never crosses my mind if a certain group of people can do anything.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    I believe its a personal opinion. By not voting for someone that is gay, I am exercising my right to opinion. I also question their decision making on moral grounds.
    Many years ago homosexuality was social no-no, now it's becoming more commonplace. Long ago and stgill currerntly, sex with minors was and is considered extremely bad. How much longer until this "progressive" way of thinking, eats away at our current veiwpoint. Ever hear of the Overton Window theory?(not the book by Glenn Beck)

how many is many? you do know the greeks where having gay sex long before anyone of your ancestors were even alive right?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    does a straight person have the right to be freaked out by homosexuals and not want to associate with people who actively practice that behaviour while they are practicing it? I think so.
    now you say a straight person has the right to be freaked out by a gay.

now if you were oc'ing a miss liberal flamejob and her kids started screaming in the middle of the store that you had a gun, you would have the mindset well, she should've known the law and shouldn't of freaked out and started screaming and had the police shove a shot gun in your face.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    now you say a straight person has the right to be freaked out by a gay.

now if you were oc'ing a miss liberal flamejob and her kids started screaming in the middle of the store that you had a gun, you would have the mindset well, she should've known the law and shouldn't of freaked out and started screaming and had the police shove a shot gun in your face.

I am not even sure what the point of this is. I do have the right to dislike anyone that I wish for whatever reason I decide.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    For example, I work at a Christian Tattoo Shop. Some less informed people of yonder years would think that tattoos are sinful, or only bikers and con's have tattoos. Nowadays, any person with any sort of proper education knows neither of those are true. Tattoos are more acceptable. It isn't such a testament to someone's character nowadays as it is to professionalism of certain jobs (although some more narrow minded people would beg to differ).
    kind of ironic how the bible says not to peirce or mark your skin.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    I am not even sure what the point of this is. I do have the right to dislike anyone that I wish for whatever reason I decide.
    you do but the person i quoted was being borderlined hateful.

and he said he was freaked out by gay people
    some people are freaked out by guns, he should be a little more understanding.

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    kind of ironic how the bible says not to peirce or mark your skin.
    In Leviticus. To make a long story short and attempting not to turn this in to a religious debate, in the New Testament Jesus basically said "Those old Jewish laws are whack yo!"

Its true, look it up. PM me if you (or anyone) wants to converse further.

That is odd... never heard of a Christian tattoo shop...
    There are a couple in Terre Haute too. My boss used to work at one of the ones there, but then went to another one in Nashville (it was a chain) and opened her own here.

Oh yea, gays and stuff.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    In Leviticus. To make a long story short and attempting not to turn this in to a religious debate, in the New Testament Jesus basically said "Those old Jewish laws are whack yo!"

yeah, we're gonna go with, disrespectful and extremely misleading.

On a more relevant subject:

WHY IS THIS THREAD EVEN STILL GOING?!?!?!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    each and every person is entitled to feel how they want about this ..homosexuality is a touchy subject, i dont have to agree with something for it to happen ..look at the wheel tax you get charged at the license branch when doing a title or renewing your plates..im sure there has been many gays in our government , doesnt mean i have to agree with it....just my two cents though

Homosexuality shouldn't be a touchy subject, there is no reason for it to be. I fail to see how unless you yourself are gay how it effect you? How does being gay make Bob any less of a quality doctor, lawyer, trucker, UAW worker, soldier, or even President.

It tells you something about our country that if a guy/gal could come along and create jobs, knock down the debt, and do a great job people wouldn't want them in the office because they are gay.

What I don't understand is how someone being gay effects anyone but him/her and their partner. I have never seen a gay couple doing anything that straight couples haven't done when in public. No gay guys have ever tried to convert me, tried to molest me, or anyone I know for that matter. They have never tried to abduct any of my friends or families kids, never tried to sodomize my dog, never done anything that normal people don't do.

Lets face it, no one is going to change anyone opinion and I really don't even care to try. You and everyone else has the right to believe whatever you want on any topic. But what is absolute is that even though you have a right to feel however you want, you DO NOT or SHOULD NOT have the right to determine the rights of others and effect how they live their lives.

Gay people don't want to take your rights away, why do you want to take theirs away?

Top Bottom