Does a gay person have the right to be President?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield

If a gay person can be voted into the office of President of the United States, they he/she becomes Commander-in-Chief of the U.S. Military.

Certainly if you can be the leader of the U.S. Military, you can enlist in the U.S. Military.

I think logically you cannot support the former without supporting the latter.

Discuss.

We all know it will happen so no real point in talking about it... if people are want to end don't ask don't tell and make a big deal about gay kids killing themselves because they were picked on then it's only a matter of time.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Actually I think the OP was right. We should be required to have a gay person in the WH. We had a black now... need a woman. If we go with the Lesbian can we get credit for both. Then of course we will hit the other minority groups.

23mar03

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    That is the most idiotic argument against gay rights you will ever hear. Go think of a legitimate reason and come back.

Do you want to go back to not allowing women or blacks equal rights. Its called being tolerant of other people. The ironic thing is the people who are anti gay the most are the religious people. Those are the ones who are supposed to be taught tolerance and being kind to your neighbor. Those rules only apply if you believe in the same god apparently.

Ok, here we go..... You can read right? Did I say that I would deny someone their rights? No.
    Realistically, you will consider any of my biblical reasoning as hogwash because you do not respect religion and the ideals that it proposes. You instead want to label me a religious bigot or fanatic instead of someone who is zealous in my attempt to follow the Christian example.
    Being a christian does not mean that I accept the behavior, just the person. The people are to be loved and accepted, not the act. I am anti-homosexual because I believe that God requires me not to accept that behavior, not because I'm afraid of being sodomized.
    Also again, I never said anything about refusing women and blacks equal rights. You really need to focus on the words of the post and not try to promote your words into the posters.
    Try stirring up someone else.
    Respects-

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I think much of the problem with this discussion is that the premise is muddy.

First of all, as someone pointed out, no one has a "right" to be President.

The real questions I think are:

1. Is there anything in the law or Constitution that prevents a gay person from becoming President?

2. Would you vote for a gay person to be President?

3. Do you think a gay person could be elected President?

My answers to those questions are no, yes, and no.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Ok, here we go..... You can read right? Did I say that I would deny someone their rights? No.
    Realistically, you will consider any of my biblical reasoning as hogwash because you do not respect religion and the ideals that it proposes. You instead want to label me a religious bigot or fanatic instead of someone who is zealous in my attempt to follow the Christian example.
    Being a christian does not mean that I accept the behavior, just the person. The people are to be loved and accepted, not the act. I am anti-homosexual because I believe that God requires me not to accept that behavior, not because I'm afraid of being sodomized.
    Also again, I never said anything about refusing women and blacks equal rights. You really need to focus on the words of the post and not try to promote your words into the posters.
    Try stirring up someone else.
    Respects-

Religion stays out of these arguements on the forum.

Realistically, I cannot imagine what other "issues" you have with MODERN life if you cannot understand everyone's inherent pursuit of happiness as long as it does not harm another (hey, wait, that's a judeo-christian concept! Oh Noes!). You compared gays to pedophiles (despite a glowing lack of knowledge twixt the two). That makes me really disbelieve anything you say regarding women's and racial rights... :twocents: 2-3% of America identifies itself as homosexual. Those are the ones not fearing your torches and pitchforks to come forth and say it. These people attend your "churches", hold jobs, live, breathe and enjoy life just as much as you do, and deserve to do so. But to compare them to pedarasts is akin to Hitler comparing the Jews to vermin in my mind.

Use of "morality" in judging others is futile, when one can only judge themselves. Matthew 7:1-5:
    “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. "
    I am not a religious man (used to be), but the above quote is applicable for any human in this world, despite their allegiances to whatever sky riding deity they choose.

I will say, you have a right to say what you want and think on open forum (as long as it does not violate forum rules in this microcosm of free speech). Religion aside, Your's isn't hate speech, but foul, intemperate dreck handed down by generations of ignorance. Gays hold as much sway in this world as you.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    U.S. Constitution
    Article 2 - The Executive Branch
    Section 2 - Civilian Power Over Military, Cabinet, Pardon Power, Appointments

"The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States ..."

Well, that's not exactly what I meant, but I think I'll need to do the research on this one myself.

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    I think being gay has no merit on being able to do ANYTHING! It's just sexual preference, who cares!

That's like asking if someone that is Jewish should have the right to be President!?! Religion, race, sexual preference, etc. shouldn't matter for anything anymore!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I think being gay has no merit on being able to do ANYTHING! It's just sexual preference, who cares!

That's like asking if someone that is Jewish should have the right to be President!?! Religion, race, sexual preference, etc. shouldn't matter for anything anymore!

That's the point. :yesway:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

If a gay person can be voted into the office of President of the United States, they he/she becomes Commander-in-Chief of the U.S. Military.

Certainly if you can be the leader of the U.S. Military, you can enlist in the U.S. Military.

Discuss.

Can people with polio or blind people be voted in as president? Can't the mentally challenged be voted in as president? Can the illiterate, comatose and ignorant be ellected president?

If a ... person can be voted into the office of President of the United States, they he/she becomes Commander-in-Chief of the U.S. Military.

State Police, FBI agents, firemen, EMTs, Top Chef ,....

Please don't discuss. It's rhetorical, is sarcasm, it's just to illustrate the ridiculousness of the concept they have anything in common, unless of course you are making a prime time TV drama.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Can people with polio or blind people be voted in as president? Can't the mentally challenged be voted in as president? Can the illiterate, comatose and ignorant be ellected president?

You are trying to compare thoughts with measurable physical disabilities.

Top Bottom