Does a gay person have the right to be President?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 23mar03

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I believe its a personal opinion. By not voting for someone that is gay, I am exercising my right to opinion. I also question their decision making on moral grounds.
    Many years ago homosexuality was social no-no, now it's becoming more commonplace. Long ago and stgill currerntly, sex with minors was and is considered extremely bad. How much longer until this "progressive" way of thinking, eats away at our current veiwpoint. Ever hear of the Overton Window theory?(not the book by Glenn Beck)

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    This actually caused me to notice something that i find interesting but not surprising. Between this thread and the DADT, all Ive seen is mention of men. Nobody has said a word about lesbians, and its obvious cause a majority of men think two girls going at it is hot (I know I do).

if they have deaper voices than me, then its not hot :): if theres no penetration then it didn't happen i guess.

i just talked about men because we are talking about the office of president here. no one wants a woman president because we all know it would lead to one country a month being nuked :laugh:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I believe its a personal opinion. By not voting for someone that is gay, I am exercising my right to opinion. I also question their decision making on moral grounds.
    Many years ago homosexuality was social no-no, now it's becoming more commonplace. Long ago and stgill currerntly, sex with minors was and is considered extremely bad. How much longer until this "progressive" way of thinking, eats away at our current veiwpoint. Ever hear of the Overton Window theory?(not the book by Glenn Beck)

Wait, you are comparing consent given sex between gay partners as a "social gateway" and "sliding slope" social degeneration into non-consent given, often rape sexual congress twixt adult and child?

See other thread regarding the pedarast writing a book about raping kids, read my post. Try to see where the borderline is: Gay sex, cool, no biggie. Raping kids that can't defend themselves or cannot consent: Me emptying my Beretta into the back of the rapists head.

There isn't even a comparison between the two, despite what "culture warrior" garbage floating around.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

actualy about 150 years ago in this country sex with minors was normal. we are just raised in a victorian society that says its wrong, so thats why we believe it is.
    if you lived in the 17 or 18oo's you would probly be married to a 14 year old.

im not defending chester, im just saying public or religious perception of whats morally right and wrong can be swayed. I always card :)

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    ...Many years ago homosexuality was social no-no, now it's becoming more commonplace. Long ago and stgill currerntly, sex with minors was and is considered extremely bad. How much longer until this "progressive" way of thinking, eats away at our current veiwpoint. ...

:n00b:

You are using sex with minors as a comparison. :n00b: :n00b:

Sorry, but that "progressive" way of thinking will NEVER occur with this father.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    Last time I checked, the President doesn't live with the troops... So I couldn't care less of who he wants to do.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Yes, to answer the question.

Seriously, who cares. If you think it's a sin, let God sort it out. Geez.

It's not a disease. It doesn't spread.

I also don't care of the person in the White House is perfect or has cheated on his wife. Run the country. Keep government small... and part of that is not trying to legislate morality.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Does a gay person have the right to be President?

If a gay person can be voted into the office of President of the United States, they he/she becomes Commander-in-Chief of the U.S. Military.

Certainly if you can be the leader of the U.S. Military, you can enlist in the U.S. Military.

I think logically you cannot support the former without supporting the latter.

Discuss.

Nope. There's a flaw in your logic. By definition Presidents are too old to enlist, many might not make the physical requirements, many couldn't get the type of security clearance they'd need to do certain jobs. Two completely different things. Commander in Cheif is a designation of the President that has nothing to do with any of the military's rules.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    This actually caused me to notice something that i find interesting but not surprising. Between this thread and the DADT, all Ive seen is mention of men. Nobody has said a word about lesbians, and its obvious cause a majority of men think two girls going at it is hot (I know I do).

Excellent point :rockwoot:

I think this is a good time for me to come out.

I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body.

23mar03

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Wait, you are comparing consent given sex between gay partners as a "social gateway" and "sliding slope" social degeneration into non-consent given, often rape sexual congress twixt adult and child?

No, any rape is wrong. But, modifying(for your sexual benefit) what an impressional child thinks is also wrong. Persuading an 8yr old to have sex with a 43ish yr old is deviate and unpardonable behavior.
    This is my personal opinion, but I believe the same about homosexuality.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Nope. There's a flaw in your logic. By definition Presidents are too old to enlist, many might not make the physical requirements, many couldn't get the type of security clearance they'd need to do certain jobs. Two completely different things. Commander in Cheif is a designation of the President that has nothing to do with any of the military's rules.

If a person's preferences matter when they are a soldier, then surely preferences matter when they are the Commander-in-Chief.

Aren't soldiers afraid that a gay President might come molest them in a foxhole on one of his surprise visits to the Iraq? Maybe chase some Marines around with a wet towel in the shower? :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Yes, to answer the question.

Seriously, who cares. If you think it's a sin, let God sort it out. Geez.

It's not a disease. It doesn't spread.

I also don't care of the person in the White House is perfect or has cheated on his wife. Run the country. Keep government small... and part of that is not trying to legislate morality.

Actually, I DO care about the cheating on his wife bit - for the simple reason that if his wife can't trust him then why the hell should I?

I DON'T care if he's perfect - but simple honesty - now that's pretty high on my list. Further - if he's going to be using his position to have illicit relationships with the office staff - I have a problem with that. Any CEO across the country that got caught in a similar situation would be thrown out on his arse! True leaders lead from the front of the pack. Say what you will about the morality of it. That part does not get me riled up. Being a crappy leader by not leading from the front == EPIC FAIL!

Our leaders need to believe it, speak it, and do their best to live it. Those that have, have gone down in history in high regard. The rest - not so much.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Its a shame that most arguments seemed to be based on gay men being "flamers that call everyone girlfriend while flipping their wrist in a feminine fashion".

I highly doubt those types of gay men will be lining up to sign up for service.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    :n00b:

You are using sex with minors as a comparison. :n00b: :n00b:

Sorry, but that "progressive" way of thinking will NEVER occur with this father.

I do not think anyone is advocating sex with minors is ok. It was back in that time because the average life exp was around 45 for males IIRC. The point was that our perception of moral issues is ingrained into us buy our upbringing and society during that time.:twocents:
    Truth is a mans morality changes when he becomes a father! Be honest guys don't we all attempt to keep our boys from treating girls the way we did in our teens? I know I work very hard at keeping my girls away from guys just like I was between puberty and marriage! :twocents:

Back to the OP. I could see where a Gay pres might be even more progressive/liberal than even our current admin! That scares me more than the persons sexual orientation per say. Qualifications? The majority of voters last time around never even checked did they! AFAIK we have never seen positive proof the pres is a natural born citizen, yet no one in power seems to concerned. :dunno:

People it is time we fire these pigs that defecate where we eat, vote them out and demand term limits on congress and the senate. Fill those seats with a bunch NCO combat vets one term and see what direction we go! The strongest moral compasses I have ever known belong to veterans! The vast majority of vets today all volunteered due to sense of duty and honor. I am not talking about desk jockey soldiers or supply and logistics hustlers. I mean died in the wool Americans with a hard on for the constitution and what it says! You know those guys that in the midst of a fire fight actually go toward the direction of fire not away! Yeah, thats right I want someone representing me in Washington with the nads to face a belt fed machine gun and still advance on its position! Determined, Dedicated and willing to fight to the last breath to keep America free! That is what is missing in our leaders today! :patriot:

Just the personal opinion of a old retired soldier, nothing more nothing less!

Top Bottom