• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Let's just say that I don't know of any riceburner party like Sturgis.

There's no other party like Sturgis no matter what subculture you're looking at. I think much of Harley-Davidson's current financial struggle can be tied to the image cast by Sturgis and vast majority of people who want nothing to do with such a party or image. I ride a Beemer.

Shoot, I'm way off topic (as usual).

Um, uh... I have a Rock River lower/Delton upper that's OK, especially for the price, but my current build is entirely BCM. I'm happy with the progress, if less happy with the speed at which I'm progressing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This one comes close: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Bike_Week

My wife's parents used to live in Myrtle Beach and we got to see a bit of this a few years ago during a visit, bad time planning on our part :>)

Ron

Sturgis is an animal unto itself. It is spread out over a huge area. Dead wood to Mt Rushmore and beyond. Bikes everywhere you look. Harleys current woes are in no way tir=ed to this epic party as half the crowd on my last visit was Dr's Lawyers and LEO all trying to be bikers living the lifestyle for a couple of weeks. No worries. More the merrier. Harley flooded the market and are pricing themselves out of the game basically.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    In case they haven't been mentioned , Adams Arms .
    I like their pistol so much I bought another .
    One has about 1,300 through it the other has about 2,200 rnds through it , with a few hundred rnds at each shoot .
    They both eat the cheapest steel cased I can find and work well suppressed .
    I might have 30 minutes total in cleaning time so far with these pistols .
    The bad news is they were around $1,200 each .

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Beautiful bikes CM

Thanks Phylo. I had to respond. They were both rice killers. But the pretty Springer got even better...Never beat on the street. By anything.
    Should I be saying this to a LEO....:lmfao:

Etv3qUs.jpg

IpighyP.jpg

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    My AR life is similar to my bike life-started on cheap Hondas and Yamahas and "graduated" to Harleys, whereas I'm currently living that budget black rifle life but starting to realize quality is better than quantity. And, I'm sure at some point a QUANTITY of QUALITY will emerge. And, as with both, its better to not think about how much money has gone the way of the dodo to support the habit! And, like has been stated here several times, I don't run my guns like an operator, nor do I go cross country on my bikes. So, for now, what I have will do. Much like a guy on a new CVO probably has a fancy custom built rifle, I ride a Sporty and shoot and Anderson but have just as much fun!

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    My BCM was picked up yesterday. Now I need to figure out optics (no sights came with at all), sling, any other accessories....

Cool, what did you end up putting on your BCM? I'm seriously looking at one as well. I really like the lightweight feel with the KMR13 and the Gunfighter stock.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Seldom if ever lost. Light to light very hard to beat.

I'm actually just messing with you. I've never understood the road riding "light to light" and not leaving town type of thing. I've taken enough **** from Harley riders over the years that I now feel compelled to just start it myself and get it over with.

I actually don't care what anyone else rides, but if it isn't made to get out there I don't have any use for it.

IMG_0198-XL.jpg

EM%20108-XL.jpg

Besides, this thread was over after "buy a BCM".

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm actually just messing with you. I've never understood the road riding "light to light" and not leaving town type of thing. I've taken enough **** from Harley riders over the years that I now feel compelled to just start it myself and get it over with.

I actually don't care what anyone else rides, but if it isn't made to get out there I don't have any use for it.

IMG_0198-XL.jpg

EM%20108-XL.jpg

Besides, this thread was over after "buy a BCM".
    We had 2 other Harley's at the same time. 1 hardtail and the wife's dyna wide glide. We rode the dyna all other several states
    Loved it. Out for days on end.
    Now what you do is uber cool. That looks like a great time.

Top Bottom