• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Gotta add Falls City Firearms in Clarksville to this list. Rick really, really takes care of his customers. I went in today desperate to get a CZ 75, and was blown away by how fast he found one, the honesty of what he was going to pay for it and then resell it to me.

He may not be a pillar of the local firearms community yet, but he's certainly building one damned strong base to build from.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Do I support my local gun shop??? No, but yes. I would absolutely LOVE to support a northside Bradis III, but it just doesn't (yet???) :whistle: exist--so I have to drive all the way down to my NLGS to visit Bradis I and II... and it's always worth the drive! :rockwoot:

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I've bought a couple of accessories from them, outside of that, NO. They deal in used firearms they charge as if they are new. Otherwise, I'll hit Plainfield or the town or mooresville or Avon.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have bought several from ZX in Goshen and also several from Midwest in Mishawaka. They both have good prices.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Don't know if I would count those on the extreme westside as local but have recently bought from Fort Liberty, PSS, and Jenkins. Wanted to buy something from Indiana Gun Club the other day but they didn't want to sell anything that day I guess.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Just bought from mine today. Could have gotten it online for less (even after taxes, shipping and ffl) they had to order it so still had to wait, but I like to keep the local shops in business. Thanks BGF

qualitytym

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Porter County
    If I had a buck for every time he said "Local gun shop", I might have enough to to buy a paper target at Blythes. As far as them supporting the community, they took every advantage of price gouging during the Obama panic. $50.00 for a box of .380. The sales staff changes with the seasons and are not exactly what I call professional firearms people. And the range, I'd rather stand in the cold for $4.00 than spend $10.00 in that dimly lit run down dungeon and get run out after an hour. Notice we didn't see any prices on those "great deals"? Go in every week and listen to their commentary on everything and anything to get a "Good deal"? My support goes to my own budget and have gladly made the drive to South Bend for an honest deal without the cheese whiz attitudes at Blythes. When they stop gouging the community they "support", I will spend some of my hard earn money there, not before.

stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute
    The only thing I have immediately in my area is Favre's and The Outpost. Both are nice enough people and fun to talk to when in there. But neither place has much of a selection. Very few handguns and a few more rifles. I use The Outpost for xfers and what not. I've bought a couple things from both places but not much.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    Supported Noblesville's Newest Bare Arms last week with a P22 purchase :rockwoot:

Comparing web pricing, FFL tranfer fee and shipping I felt I got a good "deal" buying locally. They are great guys too!

Huzurabndaddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Peru
    If i am buying new . I always check with my LGS (Down by the Tracks) 1st before I go looking any where else. They have always taken good care of me.

Top Bottom