• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fatduk1963

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Warren IN
    I was at 21st Century Firearms black friday , they were BUSY I forgot my GLASSES , asked JAN to read 2 different boxes for projectile weights for me , he was right on it for me .I spent $50 but to them I was just as IMPORTANT as the guy buying a new AR15 . this is why I keep going back .

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    I've been to two of the three in my area and bought guns, ammo, holsters etc from both. One more to go soon. I also support my local gun show like last weekend at the fairgrounds because I like to keep them coming back.

CJK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Indy
    Great video. As I have stated before, support your local gunshop (or two). I don't like the big box / chain stores as they seem impersonal and the money leaves the community.

Gunner52

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Why would I ever buy from a shop?They are always overprices and I can find the same thing at a gun show or an online retailer for cheaper.
    +1
    I have to agree, One local retailer brags to me about how cheap he gets stuff then marks it up sometimes 100%. I do not mind a person making a living but I don't want to pay his annual salary on each purchase. For instance, $30.00 per pound on powder that I can have to my door with hazmat for $22.50 if I get an 8# keg. and yes I would get the keg locally and pay tax for the same price. Stealing is stealing and until a local shop gets real, I will continue to shop online.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Why would I ever buy from a shop?They are always overprices and I can find the same thing at a gun show or an online retailer for cheaper.

Just an FYI, Don's Guns is not what we are talking about when we say LGS :D

Seriously, what gun shows are you going to? :dunno:
    Last time I went to a gun show several vendors were asking more for a used Bersa 380 than a new one costs at my LGS (BG Firearms btw)

bikeman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Bloomington
    I do support the local shops to include the pawn shops. We don't have a lot of options in Bloomington but I am a regular at MC Sports (I know it's a chain), Four Seasons, Traildust and the local pawns. I have managed to a lot of money on guns and ammo in Bloomington.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    McDonald's Gun Shop near Marion and Bob's Pawn Shop in Kokomo are my two "local" shops of choice.

Jeff McDonald is as friendly and helpful as they come. I really like the new and used gun selection and extensive inventory of parts and accessories.

I've gotten some killer deals on various firearms at Bob's. His inventory is a little more random and they are negotiable on price.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    My local gun shop is Kempf's. I'd burn my money before I spent it there.
    Just 1/2 mile west of Kempf's there's a new shop called Citadel and they will have their FFL shortly. It's in the strip mall just west of Kempf's shop. I swung by and they are great guys. But you're not that far from Blythe's either.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Used to hit Lengel's, Downhams and Bullseye. Still hit the latter two.
    Had good deals at all of them.
    Try to support local but will drive a good ways to get something out of the ordinary.
    Heck, it used to be an Xmas tradition, hit a bunch of shops over work shutdown.
    Norm's up US 30, Schutz Bros............the good ol' days!

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Absolutely on supporting local gun shops! I use Down by the Tracks, in Galveston, and Roby's Bullseye, in Kokomo. I know that if I go to them I am going to get good advice and purchase quality firearms, ammunition and gear.

Piobair

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    NWI
    Just 1/2 mile west of Kempf's there's a new shop called Citadel and they will have their FFL shortly. It's in the strip mall just west of Kempf's shop. I swung by and they are great guys. But you're not that far from Blythe's either.

Kempf used to be in that shopping center (Evergreen Plaza) many years ago, until the building burned down. Thanks for the tip, I'll have to stop by and take a look.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    No and they are both within 2 miles of my house. One is way overpriced on their guns and the other, well I'm still bitter after the owner called the cops on me for open carrying this past summer as I was out walking.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    As I am close to PSS, and Bradis, the answer is yes. I also buy commodity items (magazines, etc) on the internet occasionally, but definitely spend a good amount of money locally.

Booshie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Triple G (I go to school with the owners son) > Walmart. Triple G has great prices and he can order anything you want for minimum mark-up. Very good service.

Top Bottom