• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    When my wife was handling pistols and deciding on her edc, the guy just walked away. I told him we were still looking and he said let me know when youre ready to buy. We walked out with the $500 in my pocket and brought the business to cabelas. Now I'll be using front towards enemy, it's nice when an ffl with sweet class 3 toys lives 3 miles from you....

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Blythe's is being managed by the sons now. David has taken over the day to day operations and their prices are getting better, the customer service in my experience is great and I can't imagine a better selection of firearms and accessories. Also, they do haggle. I shop there all the time and most of the guns you see me with in the videos come from Blythe's.

If you have an issue, go directly to David. He will take care of you.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    So what'd they have on the Mark23?:D

I think $900. :D

I didn't even look because I'm uninterested in the gun. I had one just because it was one of our service pistols but it was a massive tank. Way too big for the caliber. For its size it should be chambered in .50 AE. I traded mine off years ago (to Blythe's) for something more practical.

I was just kidding about the price, don't start calling them saying you want the $900 Mk23. ;)

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :yesway::yesway: Great video (as usual :D) and so very true!!!

I support all of my local shops as much as I can. Sure I do a little shopping online, but nothing beats the LGS. I couldn't even imagine how many hours I have spent at the local shops. Always a great time with great people.

Too many people just don't understand how bad it would be if the shops started closing, all because they want to save ten bucks by buying online. Don't get me wrong, sometimes there are deals online that just can't be passed up, but it is still important to support the local guys whenever possible.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    No matter where I go I get the same treatment. Local small shops, local Big Box stores. Big Box stores are over priced but you can price match a lot of times.

Local shops have to run high to make a profit, and if you aren't there to purchase something you quickly get shuffled off.

I have been to a few different local and big box stores a few times each so its not an isolated incident.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I do shop different stores around Indy, Brownsburgh and Plainfield. I do not buy much at shows. I need to trust the people I am dealing with. Have been burnt at a show before. I will go to look around and be social with like minded folks but only buy accessory's from those places. I will buy bulk on line and most parts I need for my build ups as shops do not stock a lot of small spec. parts anymore.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I am fortunate that my local gun store(s) have reasonable pricing most of the time. I go to one for powder and primers, and the other, that is closer, for anything else I might need. If he doesnt have what I need, I might shop online for it, but his inventory grows every day, and usually is close to or below most online stores.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    When I was a stumbling pup first learning how to disassemble, clean, and maintain my first firearm, the guys at 111 Gun Shop in Clarksville were great to me. Whether looking to buy or sell anything they always worked with me and my gf to get the best possible deal for us. I highly doubt Bass Pro Shop or Cheaper Than Dirt would have been so accommodating.

They have since moved, very inconveniently, to Louisville. I still make the 45 minute drive to it over the closer shops for pretty much all of my new item purchases.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I support my local gun shop too. I have bought 2 guns from them this year, my dad has bought 1 and my brother-in-law has bought 1. I buy all of my ammo there too.
    I actually try to support any local / small business. I do this by shopping local whenever possible and when I purchase I use cash or check instead of credit/debit cards.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    :yesway::yesway: Great video (as usual :D) and so very true!!!

I support all of my local shops as much as I can. Sure I do a little shopping online, but nothing beats the LGS. I couldn't even imagine how many hours I have spent at the local shops. Always a great time with great people.

Too many people just don't understand how bad it would be if the shops started closing, all because they want to save ten bucks by buying online. Don't get me wrong, sometimes there are deals online that just can't be passed up, but it is still important to support the local guys whenever possible.

Most gun shops around here are overpriced by about $100+ per gun. They'd rather make a killing off the people that dont know any better, than offer reasonable prices to everyone....

What local gun shops support their local gun enthusiasts?!?!

manygunsmike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Cedar Lake Indiana
    I support ! My first gun was bought at Blythes in Griffith and now my most recent purchase will be at the Valpo store when I get my hands into them crates of Mosin Nagants...!!

manygunsmike

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Most gun shops around here are overpriced by about $100+ per gun. They'd rather make a killing off the people that dont know any better, than offer reasonable prices to everyone....

What local gun shops support their local gun enthusiasts?!?!

My shop is Tripe G's in Greenville and you can't beat his prices on gun and ammo!

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    No matter where I go I get the same treatment. Local small shops, local Big Box stores. Big Box stores are over priced but you can price match a lot of times.

Local shops have to run high to make a profit, and if you aren't there to purchase something you quickly get shuffled off.

I have been to a few different local and big box stores a few times each so its not an isolated incident.
    You're in Ft. Wayne, have you tried 21st Century Firearms? They're a great shop and also a site supporter.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I've bought 2 pistols, 2 rifles, and a shotgun from Riley Bros Inc in Lebanon. All my accessories, ammo, reloading supplies, etc are bought elsewhere. Aim surplus or sg ammo for factory ammo and all over for reloading supplies.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    You're in Ft. Wayne, have you tried 21st Century Firearms? They're a great shop and also a site supporter.

I have never been to the shop but if their gun show prices are the same as their store prices then its not worth the drive. Plus, no offense to them, I was interested in a few guns only to be ignored and have them move on to the next person.

I must have that, "Not gonna buy so don't bother me" look on my face.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    [QUOTE
    I must have that, "Not gonna buy so don't bother me" look on my face.[/QUOTE]

I must have had that look the other day, finally had a chance to go to Indiana Gun Club (with a lot of money on me) as I heard they had some nice high end 1911's. They did have a selection of Wilson's, Browns and Nighthawks but not so much as a hello or can I show you something. Maybe because they are not a conventional gun store, don't know, maybe because I wasn't an older grey haired retired guy shooting a Perazzi but I just left.

Top Bottom